Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst on players wanting the ball 14:36 - Jul 16 with 2690 viewskizaitfc

He is absolutely spot on, something I have been screaming about for years even prior to Mick.

Definitely noticed Dozzell was doing this in the opener last season and notably the younger players did always seem more interesting then the more senior.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Hurst on players wanting the ball on 15:15 - Jul 16 with 2604 viewschristiand

Difficult to get the senior players to change mindset when they have been encouraged to play completely differently. When under pressure, they'll just resort to default mode. It will take time to adjust to this approach and philosophy not solely 2+ weeks of pre-season training.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2018 15:16]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Hurst on players wanting the ball on 15:57 - Jul 16 with 2521 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Agree. Something both Downes and Nydam did a lot last year - even in difficult positions.
Hurst on players wanting the ball on 16:05 - Jul 16 with 2510 viewsMrTown

Dozzell certainly did against Braintree, Nydam and Downes likewise as did Brett McGavin who looked very very comfortable footballer. Skuse demanded the ball in good positions but wasn't doing anything with it, seemed to be playing passes he couldn't complete but he did get into the positions to get the ball.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Hurst on players wanting the ball on 16:09 - Jul 16 with 2496 viewsNazemariner

I think that's why Bishop is held in high regard by many fans including myself. He had the balls to look to receive the ball from his defenders, when very few of his team mates would. Kevin Bru was the same.
Hurst on players wanting the ball on 16:25 - Jul 16 with 2452 viewsCuffy81

When we first signed Huws the standout for me was how comfortable he was on the ball and how he showed for the ball and wanted the ball in tight situations, complete polar opposite to Skuse.

I'm glad Hurst has identified this as an issue so early on in his tenure.
Hurst on players wanting the ball on 16:27 - Jul 16 with 2440 viewsRobTheMonk

Hurst on players wanting the ball on 16:09 - Jul 16 by Nazemariner

I think that's why Bishop is held in high regard by many fans including myself. He had the balls to look to receive the ball from his defenders, when very few of his team mates would. Kevin Bru was the same.

I'm so glad someone else has said that about Bru. Wish he'd been given a chance under a different manager.
Hurst on players wanting the ball on 17:13 - Jul 16 with 2347 viewsstrikalite

Hurst on players wanting the ball on 16:25 - Jul 16 by Cuffy81

When we first signed Huws the standout for me was how comfortable he was on the ball and how he showed for the ball and wanted the ball in tight situations, complete polar opposite to Skuse.

It's a shame I can't give this 100 up votes..
Hurst on players wanting the ball on 21:30 - Jul 16 with 2164 viewsCuffy81

Hurst on players wanting the ball on 15:15 - Jul 16 by christiand

Difficult to get the senior players to change mindset when they have been encouraged to play completely differently. When under pressure, they'll just resort to default mode. It will take time to adjust to this approach and philosophy not solely 2+ weeks of pre-season training.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2018 15:16]

This is the nail on the head.

It's going to take time, we have been used to playing a certain way for a very long time, results may suffer as a result of the change of philosophy

I'm possibly over critical of Skuse but will he be receptive to change? He needs to take more responsibility in possession, the reason we go long is because our central midfielders rarely demand the ball from the centre halves because they haven't been instructed to.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2018 21:31]
Login to get fewer ads

Hurst on players wanting the ball on 23:24 - Jul 16 with 2005 viewstextbackup

Hurst on players wanting the ball on 21:30 - Jul 16 by Cuffy81

This is the nail on the head.

It's going to take time, we have been used to playing a certain way for a very long time, results may suffer as a result of the change of philosophy

I'm possibly over critical of Skuse but will he be receptive to change? He needs to take more responsibility in possession, the reason we go long is because our central midfielders rarely demand the ball from the centre halves because they haven't been instructed to.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2018 21:31]

Our central midfielders were never required to be footballers, just work horses.

I like Skuse, but he’s got a hell of a lot to do if PH wants his CMs playing football

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Hurst on players wanting the ball on 01:51 - Jul 17 with 1898 viewsharlingblue

Something that has been missing from the ITFC first team for many a season.
A midfield player demanding the ball, ready to create, pass and move, instead of having to shore up the defence along with wing players (some out of position) having to do the same.
Time to get on the front foot at our club, time for the defence to win their own battles and let the midfield and attack win their own battles.
Hurst on players wanting the ball on 06:38 - Jul 17 with 1776 viewsBenters2

Hurst on players wanting the ball on 16:25 - Jul 16 by Cuffy81

Yeah but Skuse is a 'proper bloke' and is Premier league..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024