Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I just cant get upset/annoyed/angry about losing a player 08:22 - Jul 25 with 833 viewstextbackup

we've had a year.

if we were 4 years down the line and he'd banged in 16-24 each year then yeah i'd feel the pain, but it almost feels like a season long loan is going back to his parent club (but with an added bonus that we get a lump of cash to spend on the squad)

and in all honesty we've sold our best players for years, so we shouldn't be shocked by this

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I just cant get upset/annoyed/angry about losing a player on 08:24 - Jul 25 with 805 viewsOsborneOneNil

Exactly how I feel. The potential money being touted more than eases the stress of him going.
I just cant get upset/annoyed/angry about losing a player on 08:24 - Jul 25 with 801 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Agree mate. And it’s clearly a good deal for ITFC and the player.
I just cant get upset/annoyed/angry about losing a player on 08:25 - Jul 25 with 788 viewsDanFord

Same here. We’ve paid more to loan Lawrence, Celina and Fraser than £200k a year. So it feels like a loan player is going back after giving us a wonderful year and we’ve been given £8m for nothing.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

I just cant get upset/annoyed/angry about losing a player on 08:28 - Jul 25 with 765 viewsBluebell

But it's Derby! I hate them nearly as much as I hate Norwich.

I hate to say it but I hope last year was his best season (like the one Murphy had with us) and he doesn't do as well for them as he did for us.
I just cant get upset/annoyed/angry about losing a player on 08:28 - Jul 25 with 758 viewsDanTheMan

Because he's a good player (arguably our best player last season) and we've not got long to find a replacement.

No doubt the money is good for him. But our history has shown that when we start selling players coming up to the end of the window, we don't end up replacing them.

I'm frustrated more than annoyed. Hopefully we've got a player in mind and those conversations are already happening.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I just cant get upset/annoyed/angry about losing a player on 08:30 - Jul 25 with 743 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Well said.

Its part of life as a mid sized Championship club.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I just cant get upset/annoyed/angry about losing a player on 08:33 - Jul 25 with 729 viewsHerbivore

Part of me is gutted because I love Waghorn, he's a quality player who I enjoy watching and seems like he has a good attitude and gets the fans too. Saying that, another part of me sees that £8m for a player coming off his best ever season at 28 who cost us £200k a year ago is great business, so long as we reinvest the money.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I just cant get upset/annoyed/angry about losing a player on 08:51 - Jul 25 with 675 viewstextbackup

I just cant get upset/annoyed/angry about losing a player on 08:33 - Jul 25 by Herbivore

Part of me is gutted because I love Waghorn, he's a quality player who I enjoy watching and seems like he has a good attitude and gets the fans too. Saying that, another part of me sees that £8m for a player coming off his best ever season at 28 who cost us £200k a year ago is great business, so long as we reinvest the money.

"so long as we reinvest the money."

absolutely key.

im not going to pretend to be a business man here, or pretend I know what goes on with transfers, but my thoughts are now we can bring in 3/4 £1.5/2m players to bulk/improve this squad/team massively.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024