Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If waghorn has handed a transfer request 07:29 - Jul 25 with 1494 viewspabloisgod

Then his place in the squad becomes untenable - personally think £8 million is great business for him after one very good season but it all depends what % we get to reinvest in the team.
Ideally I would like him to stay but his head has clearly been turned so he won’t be the same player for us I’m afraid so if it’s true he has handed in a transfer request then the sooner he goes the better.

If we can bring in 3-4 players with the money then the squad will be better for it. I am all for the lower league signings and taking the ‘gamble’ they come good but accept you need a balance.

Whatever happens from now it’s been the most exciting summer I can remember for ages and the new era we have all been crying out for.

Thanks Waggy for a fantastic year, possibly ruined a little with how it ends
If waghorn has handed a transfer request on 07:35 - Jul 25 with 1463 viewsCurrie10

If he's handed in a request, he's actually just gone up in my estimation.

You put in a request, you forgo any compensation owed to you by current employers.

Thanks for the time with us Waghorn.

As for an exciting summer - kinda. Happy we've signed the players we have, however desperately short on numbers and for that reason I find it more a bit of a disaster thus far.

Time to put it right,,,, but quickly running out.
If waghorn has handed a transfer request on 07:38 - Jul 25 with 1438 viewschristiand

Also, I'm going to have to say well done MM, another bit of terrific business by him on Waghorn. If indeed Waghorn has handed in a transfer request then yes time to go, no point keeping him here (regardless of how much we'd all like him to stay) if he simply doesn't want to. If Derby County are offering cash and players in this deal could I request Thorne and Martin? If not, just ask for all the £8m upfront ME!!
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 7:40]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

If waghorn has handed a transfer request on 08:07 - Jul 25 with 1360 viewspabloisgod

If waghorn has handed a transfer request on 07:35 - Jul 25 by Currie10

If he's handed in a request, he's actually just gone up in my estimation.

You put in a request, you forgo any compensation owed to you by current employers.

Thanks for the time with us Waghorn.

As for an exciting summer - kinda. Happy we've signed the players we have, however desperately short on numbers and for that reason I find it more a bit of a disaster thus far.

Time to put it right,,,, but quickly running out.

Totally agree re handing the transfer request - if true he must be keen to treble his wages and who can blame him?

Us mere football fans always want to think players want to play for the shirt rather than themselves which they clearly don’t and I get that.

Take the money ASAP and move on
If waghorn has handed a transfer request on 08:15 - Jul 25 with 1333 viewsJon_456

If waghorn has handed a transfer request on 08:07 - Jul 25 by pabloisgod

Totally agree re handing the transfer request - if true he must be keen to treble his wages and who can blame him?

Us mere football fans always want to think players want to play for the shirt rather than themselves which they clearly don’t and I get that.

Take the money ASAP and move on

I still cant get my head around it if its true that he has.

He's just moved his whole family down here, he's commented on how well he's settled and how happy he is, he will be our main striker and certain starter in a team that are looking to play better football this year. He would also no doubt earn himself a bigger contract if he were to stay after all this speculation and probably be on similar to bart.

I understand he will most likely get paid a bit more at derby (20-30k?) and probably a better chance of promotion but is that really enough to make him that desperate to move that he hands in a transfer request? Especially when you consider the moving family etc where he's clearly settled.
If waghorn has handed a transfer request on 08:16 - Jul 25 with 1324 viewsPaddy39

It's been spoken about already this morning on Sky Sports News. Get all the money up front and re-invest it in the squad. Bought for £200,000 and sold for £8-£10 million good business.

Poll: Should we retire our No.9 shirt for one season after losing Paul Mariner RIP?

If waghorn has handed a transfer request on 08:18 - Jul 25 with 1312 viewschicoazul

If waghorn has handed a transfer request on 08:15 - Jul 25 by Jon_456

I still cant get my head around it if its true that he has.

He's just moved his whole family down here, he's commented on how well he's settled and how happy he is, he will be our main striker and certain starter in a team that are looking to play better football this year. He would also no doubt earn himself a bigger contract if he were to stay after all this speculation and probably be on similar to bart.

I understand he will most likely get paid a bit more at derby (20-30k?) and probably a better chance of promotion but is that really enough to make him that desperate to move that he hands in a transfer request? Especially when you consider the moving family etc where he's clearly settled.

A bit more? Probably double and maybe as much as treble his current pay. He was on peanuts at Rangers who had a smaller wage bill than Rotherham so he won't be on huge wages with us. You can't knock him if he can earn so much more and set his family up for life. Football is just a job to footballers.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If waghorn has handed a transfer request on 08:23 - Jul 25 with 1297 viewsJon_456

If waghorn has handed a transfer request on 08:18 - Jul 25 by chicoazul

A bit more? Probably double and maybe as much as treble his current pay. He was on peanuts at Rangers who had a smaller wage bill than Rotherham so he won't be on huge wages with us. You can't knock him if he can earn so much more and set his family up for life. Football is just a job to footballers.

But he's almost guaranteed to get a new improved contract here if he were to stay. Im not sure what he's currently on and what bart is on but surely a new contract would be in the region of 15-18k? I cant imagine he would get much more than 20-25k, possibly 30k at derby?

He doesn't seem like the player that is all about money either.
If waghorn has handed a transfer request on 08:25 - Jul 25 with 1279 viewsMVBlue

FFS a selling club to Derby. Sigh.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Login to get fewer ads

If waghorn has handed a transfer request on 08:46 - Jul 25 with 1232 viewspabloisgod

If waghorn has handed a transfer request on 08:23 - Jul 25 by Jon_456

But he's almost guaranteed to get a new improved contract here if he were to stay. Im not sure what he's currently on and what bart is on but surely a new contract would be in the region of 15-18k? I cant imagine he would get much more than 20-25k, possibly 30k at derby?

He doesn't seem like the player that is all about money either.

Agree he could be offered a much better contract from us but he clearly doesn’t want to stay if he has handed in a transfer request.

Tbh if he has handed in a transfer request I don’t want him to stay and we move on.

What’s sad is if he goes to Derby I bet he doesn’t play much as their 4th or 5th striker whereas he would be the main man here.

As Geoffrey Chaucer wisely said ‘Money is the root of all evil’
If waghorn has handed a transfer request on 08:53 - Jul 25 with 1210 viewsJon_456

If waghorn has handed a transfer request on 08:46 - Jul 25 by pabloisgod

Agree he could be offered a much better contract from us but he clearly doesn’t want to stay if he has handed in a transfer request.

Tbh if he has handed in a transfer request I don’t want him to stay and we move on.

What’s sad is if he goes to Derby I bet he doesn’t play much as their 4th or 5th striker whereas he would be the main man here.

Totally agree if he has handed one in then let him go* but I just cant see why he would be that desperate to leave. Or am I looking at this through blue tinted glasses?

*If we do sell him, I hope we have deals lined up and ready to sign before we finalise the move. Im sure Waghorn would understand from a business point that ME and PH have to think of the club first and if it means his deal doesn't go through because we cant sort replacement then so be it.

Unfortunately we'll most likely sell him and fail to get all our targets in as is the Ipswich way.
If waghorn has handed a transfer request on 08:58 - Jul 25 with 1183 viewschristiand

If waghorn has handed a transfer request on 08:53 - Jul 25 by Jon_456

Totally agree if he has handed one in then let him go* but I just cant see why he would be that desperate to leave. Or am I looking at this through blue tinted glasses?

*If we do sell him, I hope we have deals lined up and ready to sign before we finalise the move. Im sure Waghorn would understand from a business point that ME and PH have to think of the club first and if it means his deal doesn't go through because we cant sort replacement then so be it.

Unfortunately we'll most likely sell him and fail to get all our targets in as is the Ipswich way.

Money talks! However much we like to believe that the player's love the badge and our club, when they get offered more money that pretence is quickly forgotten. Just the realities of modern football.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

If waghorn has handed a transfer request on 09:10 - Jul 25 with 1129 viewssolemio

If waghorn has handed a transfer request on 08:46 - Jul 25 by pabloisgod

I'm not sure that Chaucer said that. It's certainly not Chaucerian English.
The actual generally known quotation is biblical: The love of money is the root of all evil.
1 Timothy 6, 10.

Don't tell Bully I've produced a quotation from the bible. The sparks might fly.

PS Lack of money is the root of all evil - George Bernard Shaw
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 9:13]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024