Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good things come to those...Enjoyable game (for a derby!) and lots of positives 17:52 - Sep 2 with 1859 viewsjasondozzell

Second half we were excellent and overall probably slightly unlucky not to win.

Walters was great - committed and a leader. Edwards is brilliant to watch. Always positive. Thought Pennington was very assured too.

Jackson put himself about and you can see that Graham is confident on ball.

Hurst building a good side.
Good things come to those...Enjoyable game (for a derby!) and lots of positives on 17:55 - Sep 2 with 1827 viewsPositivelyPortman

Wait for it!

You can’t come on here and be positive.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Good things come to those...Enjoyable game (for a derby!) and lots of positives on 18:52 - Sep 2 with 1749 viewswarkthisway

Were you drunk?

bentnkuqi

Good things come to those...Enjoyable game (for a derby!) and lots of positives on 18:54 - Sep 2 with 1741 viewsfloridaboy

Good things come to those...Enjoyable game (for a derby!) and lots of positives on 18:52 - Sep 2 by warkthisway

Were you drunk?

Not you again!
Good things come to those...Enjoyable game (for a derby!) and lots of positives on 18:56 - Sep 2 with 1734 viewsjasondozzell

Good things come to those...Enjoyable game (for a derby!) and lots of positives on 18:52 - Sep 2 by warkthisway

Were you drunk?

No! Thought we started second half really well after both sides struggled in first. We had v good 20 minute spell and looked well on top. Had chances to put game to bed.

New players look v promising. We've been a bit unlucky with start to season but you can see there is method to what Hurst is doing. Brave call on Bart and probably the correct one. We are going in right direction. Would be lonely to win every game 5-0 But that's not how football works!
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 18:57]
Good things come to those...Enjoyable game (for a derby!) and lots of positives on 18:58 - Sep 2 with 1723 viewsnorth_stand77

Were you drunk?

You really are getting rather boring, do you ever have anything positive to say or do you live your life from a very negative viewpoint?
Good things come to those...Enjoyable game (for a derby!) and lots of positives on 19:06 - Sep 2 with 1689 viewsMelford

We kept going at the end, still pushing for the winner. There's something building there and it will all click at some point, we just have to be patient. The international break might do us a favour, get all the post-deadline full squad together to work on stuff and get a bit more of a rapport together.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Good things come to those...Enjoyable game (for a derby!) and lots of positives on 19:11 - Sep 2 with 1670 viewsipswich93

Good things come to those...Enjoyable game (for a derby!) and lots of positives on 19:06 - Sep 2 by Melford

We kept going at the end, still pushing for the winner. There's something building there and it will all click at some point, we just have to be patient. The international break might do us a favour, get all the post-deadline full squad together to work on stuff and get a bit more of a rapport together.

Hopefully that’ll be the case we pass it around well at times slight moan with that I will have is I think we’re abit slow with it at times but I’m hopfully that will get better after the break . I do worry about are lack of cutting edge in final I hope it’s just a sign of early days .

We desperately need a win soon even it’s off the back of a terrible performance would be a massive confidence boost and I feel then would kick us on massively
Good things come to those...Enjoyable game (for a derby!) and lots of positives on 19:34 - Sep 2 with 1629 viewsCoastalblue

Were you drunk?

On derby day?

Heaven forbid!

Agree, it's not there yet by a long way, but there is definite progression. I think if we can start to pick up the odd win to take away the pressure then we could be in for an entertaining second half of the season.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

Good things come to those...Enjoyable game (for a derby!) and lots of positives on 19:37 - Sep 2 with 1619 viewswarkthisway

Good things come to those...Enjoyable game (for a derby!) and lots of positives on 19:34 - Sep 2 by Coastalblue

On derby day?

Heaven forbid!

Agree, it's not there yet by a long way, but there is definite progression. I think if we can start to pick up the odd win to take away the pressure then we could be in for an entertaining second half of the season.

Yes progressed to one off the bottom - no wins in 6 tho and now our player of the season dropped by a rookie manager who clearly didn’t get it today

bentnkuqi

Good things come to those...Enjoyable game (for a derby!) and lots of positives on 19:52 - Sep 2 with 1588 viewsblueislander

Put another way, both teams were dire in the first half. We played well for 20 minutes at the beginning of the second half. Then we lost it for 20 minutes. I don't know what Hurst said to Walters at half time, but he really put himself about to good effect in the second half.Edwards is obviously a threat to any defence, but needs to get his head up. Still far too much hoofball for my taste.
Good things come to those...Enjoyable game (for a derby!) and lots of positives on 19:58 - Sep 2 with 1568 viewsBenno1960

Good things come to those...Enjoyable game (for a derby!) and lots of positives on 19:06 - Sep 2 by Melford

Mick Mills made what I thought was a good point in that the international break could be used to have an almost 11v11 set up un training as we have pretty much 2 players for each position

I can see some things which are coming together and it seems the majority of fans are buying in to it.

Just feel a win will kick start our season and move us up the table.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 19:58]
Good things come to those...Enjoyable game (for a derby!) and lots of positives on 20:10 - Sep 2 with 1529 viewsblueislander

Good things come to those...Enjoyable game (for a derby!) and lots of positives on 19:58 - Sep 2 by Benno1960

Mick Mills made what I thought was a good point in that the international break could be used to have an almost 11v11 set up un training as we have pretty much 2 players for each position

I can see some things which are coming together and it seems the majority of fans are buying in to it.

Just feel a win will kick start our season and move us up the table.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 19:58]

We badly need a goal scorer. Jackson put in a good shift , but didn't really look like scoring. Harrison is very much second choice so it is unlikely to be him. I had assumed that Nolan scored a few goals, but for all his neat touches, that part of his game is missing at the moment. Edwards looks the most likely. There is hope that Walters may fit the bill.
Good things come to those...Enjoyable game (for a derby!) and lots of positives on 21:39 - Oct 24 with 1128 viewsLeagueOne

Good things come to those...Enjoyable game (for a derby!) and lots of positives on 17:55 - Sep 2 by PositivelyPortman

Wait for it!

You can’t come on here and be positive.

How good does it feel now though?

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024