Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FWIW 08:45 - Oct 26 with 521 viewshomer_123

I'm not against Lambert as such - although his recent record isn't great - he certainly had Col U and Norwich playing good football at times.

The issue for me is that I am unsure he's got what we need 'right now'. We are in the mire - a team lacking identity, players confidence shot - the actual quality of player and overall squad is as poor as we have seen for sometime. Our new players are really struggling to adapt to life in this division.

What we need is a manager who can get a team playing as unit, creating something much better than the sum of its parts. Create a real sense of unity and togetherness and mainly purpose - all without being able to make wholesale changes to the current playing staff at this time.

I am not sure that Lambert fits that mould to be honest - what we need is more akin to a Warnock (or a Mick - not advocating going back to him) for example.

Lambert can get teams playing football, which is great and had he had the summer - might well be a decent appointment - my fear is, we are asking him to firefight and that's not his skillset.

Hope I am wrong.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

FWIW on 08:55 - Oct 26 with 496 viewsdavblue

His Norwich team was full of energy and high intensity.

He's never replicated that elsewhere which is a concern.

I hope he doesn't forget what made him successful by bringing in young players and doesn't fall into the buying premier league players like Jewell did.

Im far from convinced by him he's had one really good spell where he had the eye of the tiger but hasn't done much of note anywhere else.

Saying all that i hope he rams my words down my throat.
FWIW on 09:00 - Oct 26 with 485 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To be fair he left Blackburn and Wolves in higher league positions than when he joined.

Those two clubs were both in a bad way.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

FWIW on 09:10 - Oct 26 with 470 viewsSuperblue95

FWIW on 09:00 - Oct 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

To be fair he left Blackburn and Wolves in higher league positions than when he joined.

Those two clubs were both in a bad way.

Did a decent job at Blackburn but I think he left Wolves in around the same place he found them. Was very poor at Villa and possibly most worryingly he did absolutely nothing to halt Stokes slide out of the top flight.

I know we are a division lower than Stoke were and you could argue this is more his level but I'm not convinced he's the man to turn it around. Hope I'm wrong though and I'll support him anyway as we need to do whatever we can to survive this year

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024