Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More faith in Lambert if we go down... 09:34 - Oct 26 with 695 viewstractorshark

Unlike others, Lambert’s Norwich connections really don’t bother me.
I concede he won’t have much of a honeymoon period but, given Hurst’s record, he can’t really do a lot worse.
I’m more interested in what he can offer long term.
For starters, there is no guarantee Ipswich will avoid relegation under Lambert or any other manager..
When Mick took over, we had fewer points but ultimately were in a better position of strength. Mick had better players, a goalscorer in DJ Campbell and the option to bring in new players straight away on loan.
Lambert does not have that. We have a weak squad with potential, no goalscorer and no option to recruit until January.
If he keeps us up it will be an impressive achievement just like Mick’s.
But if we go down, I have far more faith in Lambert taking us back up quickly than Hurst or any of the others on that shortlist.
The Norwich thing will be used as a stick to beat him with when things don’t go right.
But it’s a moronic, childish argument.
Judge the man on his managerial record. It’s very good. People point to Villa and Stoke but they were in the Prem. We’d take a season of struggle in the Prem. He also kept Blackburn up.
I didn’t have Lambert on my list of replacements because I didn’t think Evans would stump up the cash for him. In fact, I had no faith in Evans sacking Hurst because of the compo.
But I will be happy with Lambert’s appointment if it happens.
It’s a good and brave decision.
More faith in Lambert if we go down... on 09:52 - Oct 26 with 655 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

He can recruit Darren Bent ;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

More faith in Lambert if we go down... on 09:55 - Oct 26 with 642 viewspoppiesman

Whenever a manager/players signs a contract to Ipswich, I couldn't care less where they have been previously.
All that matters is how they now do for this club.
More faith in Lambert if we go down... on 10:04 - Oct 26 with 629 viewsGarv

Don't really care about Lambert and Norwich. It's more for Norwich fans to be upset about.

I'm hoping 'connections' will play a bigger part with Lambert, as opposed to Hurst who I suspect didn't actually have many connections in the game. Maybe as Mick did, Lambert will help in this regard.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

More faith in Lambert if we go down... on 10:06 - Oct 26 with 621 viewsNthsuffolkblue

More faith in Lambert if we go down... on 09:52 - Oct 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

He can recruit Darren Bent ;-)

or Grant Holt!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

More faith in Lambert if we go down... on 10:12 - Oct 26 with 612 viewstractorshark

More faith in Lambert if we go down... on 10:04 - Oct 26 by Garv

Don't really care about Lambert and Norwich. It's more for Norwich fans to be upset about.

I'm hoping 'connections' will play a bigger part with Lambert, as opposed to Hurst who I suspect didn't actually have many connections in the game. Maybe as Mick did, Lambert will help in this regard.

I agree this is very important.
You need contacts at higher levels.
You need something that will persuade players to come to the club.
I couldn’t see Hurst attracting experienced players come January unless Evans threw money at them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024