Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Advice from the home DIYers and the professionals 17:20 - Dec 5 with 1150 viewsgordon

Looking to buy a home, and saw a flat in a perfect area, great outdoor space etc. Problem is, it's been modified by the previous owners who added in a bathroom into the lounge space and turned the old bathroom into a 3rd bedroom / home office. The modification is daft, the total space is not that much so the lounge is now quite small, and we only want 2 bedrooms anyway so would want to put it back to original layout if we bought it.

Made an informal offer to the estate agents which is £10,000 less than what exact replica (unmodified) properties in the row have been sold for in 2018.

Question is, would £10,000 be a comfortable budget for plumbing the bathroom suite back into the original bathroom, tiling it, and then getting rid of the added in bathroom - this would just involve knocking out internal cavity walls and disposing of the waste, and then redecorating. Will do some ourselves, but not plumbing.

If they are interested at the offer we made, I'll go round with a plumber/builder to get a quote, but what is the consensus, is it likely to be do-able, given that the bathroom is going back to initial location?
[Post edited 5 Dec 2018 18:43]
Advice from the home DIYers on 18:04 - Dec 5 with 1090 viewsLord_Lucan

£10k?

Joe's the man to ask, although he'll charge you £3k for a quote.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Advice from the home DIYers on 18:13 - Dec 5 with 1081 viewslowhouseblue

as a DIYer, but not a professional, i would think that's a pretty comfortable budget (assuming that drains etc are still in the right place to connect back into).

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Ask Kieron (DIYer) (n/t) on 18:36 - Dec 5 with 1042 viewsMenton

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Advice from the home DIYers and the professionals on 18:58 - Dec 5 with 987 viewsDurovigutum

You might find a plumber who'd do the "hard" bits and leave you to DIY the rest?
Advice from the home DIYers and the professionals on 19:01 - Dec 5 with 979 viewsDubtractor

I guess it really depends what standard of kit and finish you want.

Should just about cover it though.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Advice from the home DIYers and the professionals on 19:11 - Dec 5 with 967 viewsgordon

Advice from the home DIYers and the professionals on 19:01 - Dec 5 by Dubtractor

I guess it really depends what standard of kit and finish you want.

Should just about cover it though.

There's already a decent bath toilet and sink there, we just want them moved, no additional kit. As per the comment above, had hoped to get a pro in to the difficult bits and then I'd make a pigs ear of the rest.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024