Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You have to PAY for your kid to be mascot?! 07:36 - Jan 1 with 1420 viewsPendejo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-46526716

I always thought it was free pulled at random from Junior [insert title here] supporters clubs.

£478 to be Swansea mascot!

Package for 18/19
https://book.swanseacity.com/mascotpackages18-19
The package includes:

A replica Swans kit for the mascot

Skills session pitchside

Lap of honour

Lead the team onto the pitch

A Swansea City certificate signed by the manager

A photograph in the matchday programme

A photograph with Lee Trundle

A photograph with the club captains and match officials

Pre-match hot food buffet (one-course) for four guests (including mascots) in the LT10 Lounge

Four West Stand match tickets

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

You have to PAY for your kid to be mascot?! on 07:45 - Jan 1 with 1400 viewsBluHuws

Away mascots are free but yes you have to pay to be a home mascot. Been that way for about 4-5 years I think.
You have to PAY for your kid to be mascot?! on 08:09 - Jan 1 with 1354 viewsgood_at_COD

Ridiculous to charge anything. Tickets cost nothing, kit can be sponsored by Adidas. It used to be free at Ipswich way back when the Junior Blues started but that was probably close to 50 years ago. Now they not only charge, they have more than one mascot for each game. But as long as there are parents prepared to fork out, there is no chance of a kid you might deem to be a ‘worthy cause’ being given the opportunity of a lifetime.
Any former mascots out there who can shed some light on what used to happen?

Giggsy

You have to PAY for your kid to be mascot?! on 08:34 - Jan 1 with 1307 viewsGodBlue

I thought you’d added ‘A photograph with Lee Trundle’ as a joke... that’s worth £478 alone, surely?!

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

You have to PAY for your kid to be mascot?! on 08:36 - Jan 1 with 1308 viewsTractorWood

I think it's wrong to charge anything for two reasons. One it's exploiting people's blind love and loyalty to their club and children. I've seen the same when clubs want to charge parents for the kid to going into a soccer school run by 'the academy'.

Secondly it totally excludes families who don't have the means.

Fair play to those big clubs who just pick mascots at random. I appreciate they have the financial power to do so but they are also some of the bigger sporting institutions in the world so could charge a grand and say it's standard for the industry.

We seem to charge £230 for a Saturday game and £150 for a Tuesday. We are clearly not the worst offenders but that package arguably costs the club little more than organisation, fair enough to charge parents for the tickets but in reality they will likely already have a season ticket.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

You have to PAY for your kid to be mascot?! on 08:51 - Jan 1 with 1269 viewsBluefish

You have to PAY for your kid to be mascot?! on 08:09 - Jan 1 by good_at_COD

Ridiculous to charge anything. Tickets cost nothing, kit can be sponsored by Adidas. It used to be free at Ipswich way back when the Junior Blues started but that was probably close to 50 years ago. Now they not only charge, they have more than one mascot for each game. But as long as there are parents prepared to fork out, there is no chance of a kid you might deem to be a ‘worthy cause’ being given the opportunity of a lifetime.
Any former mascots out there who can shed some light on what used to happen?

When I did it in 1988 it was free and you were given the kit free when you arrived. When my son did it in 2012, it was free but you had to bring your own kit. We were quite late to the party in charging to do it and it is still free to be an away mascot. This is quite easy to do and the players still make a massive fuss over you.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

You have to PAY for your kid to be mascot?! on 12:11 - Jan 1 with 1059 viewslongtimefan

You have to PAY for your kid to be mascot?! on 08:36 - Jan 1 by TractorWood

I think it's wrong to charge anything for two reasons. One it's exploiting people's blind love and loyalty to their club and children. I've seen the same when clubs want to charge parents for the kid to going into a soccer school run by 'the academy'.

Secondly it totally excludes families who don't have the means.

Fair play to those big clubs who just pick mascots at random. I appreciate they have the financial power to do so but they are also some of the bigger sporting institutions in the world so could charge a grand and say it's standard for the industry.

We seem to charge £230 for a Saturday game and £150 for a Tuesday. We are clearly not the worst offenders but that package arguably costs the club little more than organisation, fair enough to charge parents for the tickets but in reality they will likely already have a season ticket.

I know for a fact that ITFC have on occasions, as recent as last season, provided the Mascot experience free of charge to some deemed to be worthy causes.
You have to PAY for your kid to be mascot?! on 13:15 - Jan 1 with 987 viewsagentp

You have to PAY for your kid to be mascot?! on 12:11 - Jan 1 by longtimefan

I know for a fact that ITFC have on occasions, as recent as last season, provided the Mascot experience free of charge to some deemed to be worthy causes.

Paying for the mascot experience was normal practice when I was playing Rugby in the early 2000's. Kids got a replica kit, a signed ball [a rubbish ball, not a match one] and taken into the changing room before a match [poor little things]. Oh, and a photo.

Good on ITFC for giving the free experience to some worthy kids.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

You have to PAY for your kid to be mascot?! on 13:34 - Jan 1 with 960 viewsTractorWood

You have to PAY for your kid to be mascot?! on 12:11 - Jan 1 by longtimefan

This makes me feel better.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024