Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it weird that 22:09 - Jan 5 with 5952 viewsCoco

Jon Nolan has removed nearly all content including all reference to him signing for itfc from his twitter account?

https://twitter.com/jonnolan_92

Also heard we are touting Jackson to Peterboro’ in the hope they’re still interested. Posh also after a right back....

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Is it weird that on 22:20 - Jan 5 with 5179 viewspositivity

do you think posh would want spemce? apparently we haven't got any other right-backs!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Is it weird that on 22:28 - Jan 5 with 5051 viewsjas0999

Certainly one who may possibly go.
Is it weird that on 22:38 - Jan 5 with 4929 viewspositivity

Is it weird that on 22:28 - Jan 5 by jas0999

Certainly one who may possibly go.

shame if nolan goes so early; there's definitely a player in there, but if we can get huws/dozzell/bishop back at full power, he wouldn't be a first pick

Is it weird that on 22:44 - Jan 5 with 4840 viewsGuthrum

Is it weird that on 22:38 - Jan 5 by positivity

shame if nolan goes so early; there's definitely a player in there, but if we can get huws/dozzell/bishop back at full power, he wouldn't be a first pick

If there's a player in there, how can we get him out into the open? Both Hurst and Lambert have had several goes at it, without success so far (at this level). If not possible to do that, there's no point him being at the club.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Is it weird that on 22:48 - Jan 5 with 4769 viewsJ2BLUE

Could be a reasonable signing for a league one club. Maybe we could do a swap deal or something.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is it weird that on 22:50 - Jan 5 with 4732 viewspositivity

Is it weird that on 22:44 - Jan 5 by Guthrum

If there's a player in there, how can we get him out into the open? Both Hurst and Lambert have had several goes at it, without success so far (at this level). If not possible to do that, there's no point him being at the club.

thing is though, nolan is at the club and has a long contract.
do you just chuck away that investment on a whim? lambert has brought out flashes of quality, can he do more? i don't see him being up to the quality of bish/doz & huws, but will those three still be at the club next year? will lambert? maybe better for the club to loan him out than freeze him out?

Is it weird that on 22:54 - Jan 5 with 4656 viewsstrikalite

Is it weird that on 22:50 - Jan 5 by positivity

thing is though, nolan is at the club and has a long contract.
do you just chuck away that investment on a whim? lambert has brought out flashes of quality, can he do more? i don't see him being up to the quality of bish/doz & huws, but will those three still be at the club next year? will lambert? maybe better for the club to loan him out than freeze him out?

Make no mistake about it, Jackson and Nolan are quality League One players, Jackson will score goals comfortably at that level, right now I'd keep both..
Is it weird that on 22:55 - Jan 5 with 4641 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Is it weird that on 22:44 - Jan 5 by Guthrum

I hate to say it but we need players who will be able to do the business in League 1 in 8 months.

We are not getting out of this mess and today should be a clear message we currently couldn't compete in League 1. Whether or not Nolan is good enough and should be part of the picture we need to be preparing now for life in League 1. It is an inevitably. If we can sort it out early enough perhaps we can compete at the top end after all.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Is it weird that on 22:56 - Jan 5 with 4628 viewsGarv

Pretty much guaranteed if Jackson went to Peterborough he'd be a success.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Is it weird that on 22:57 - Jan 5 with 4592 viewsJ2BLUE

Is it weird that on 22:56 - Jan 5 by Garv

And would be sold for £5m in less than a year.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is it weird that on 22:57 - Jan 5 with 4592 viewsstrikalite

Is it weird that on 22:56 - Jan 5 by Garv

Ha, absolutely...
Is it weird that on 22:57 - Jan 5 with 4593 viewspositivity

Is it weird that on 22:54 - Jan 5 by strikalite

Make no mistake about it, Jackson and Nolan are quality League One players, Jackson will score goals comfortably at that level, right now I'd keep both..

agreed with that, *if* lambert's made his mind up about that (and stephen warnock's comments on 5 live suggest he's very stubborn when that happens) the best protection of the investment may be to loan them out

Is it weird that on 23:03 - Jan 5 with 4509 viewsstrikalite

Is it weird that on 22:57 - Jan 5 by positivity

agreed with that, *if* lambert's made his mind up about that (and stephen warnock's comments on 5 live suggest he's very stubborn when that happens) the best protection of the investment may be to loan them out

He'd sell both right now if he could, loan them both out agree..
Is it weird that on 23:10 - Jan 5 with 4405 viewsGuthrum

Is it weird that on 22:55 - Jan 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

I hate to say it but we need players who will be able to do the business in League 1 in 8 months.

We are not getting out of this mess and today should be a clear message we currently couldn't compete in League 1. Whether or not Nolan is good enough and should be part of the picture we need to be preparing now for life in League 1. It is an inevitably. If we can sort it out early enough perhaps we can compete at the top end after all.

But do we carry them for the next four months while still fighting at Championship level? If unlikely to ever be in the team, may as well be out on loan, at least, if not sold to bring in a bit of cash.

As we saw today, it's not like they're currently outstanding L1 players.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Is it weird that on 23:21 - Jan 5 with 4284 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Is it weird that on 23:10 - Jan 5 by Guthrum

But do we carry them for the next four months while still fighting at Championship level? If unlikely to ever be in the team, may as well be out on loan, at least, if not sold to bring in a bit of cash.

As we saw today, it's not like they're currently outstanding L1 players.

Indeed, so the question is do we loan them or play them on the basis we are confident they will improve and be good players for us next season or do we cut our losses on the belief they won't be? Someone needs to make the decision on their potential. Championship experience and learning to play in the team we will be putting out next season would be valuable. However, we need much more than we currently have as a team, most notably in attack. That is the big difference from last season and why we are struggling so badly.

Is it weird that on 23:25 - Jan 5 with 4229 viewsCoco

Is it weird that on 23:21 - Jan 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

Indeed, so the question is do we loan them or play them on the basis we are confident they will improve and be good players for us next season or do we cut our losses on the belief they won't be? Someone needs to make the decision on their potential. Championship experience and learning to play in the team we will be putting out next season would be valuable. However, we need much more than we currently have as a team, most notably in attack. That is the big difference from last season and why we are struggling so badly.

We've been dreadful going forward for years and totally void of creativity. Last season we were saved by an unexpected exceptional start to the season and a freak season from Waghorn.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Is it weird that on 23:47 - Jan 5 with 4067 viewsSwailsey

Perhaps he was getting dog’s abuse?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Is it weird that on 23:48 - Jan 5 with 4051 viewsthebooks

Nolan leaving I can understand as we've got lots of options in midfield, especially when Skuse is back. Very sad if that happens though.

Jackson's shown some ability, I think. As we're short on strikers this would be an odd move.
Is it weird that on 23:52 - Jan 5 with 4007 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Is it weird that on 23:25 - Jan 5 by Coco

We've been dreadful going forward for years and totally void of creativity. Last season we were saved by an unexpected exceptional start to the season and a freak season from Waghorn.

Waghorn and Garner were fantastic signings. Waghorn offered us set pieces as well. On top of that, Celina was a solid Championship player for us (something we are lacking). The midfield we put out last season (Sears played there) was always able to compete and get hold of the ball enough to relieve some pressure from our defence. McGoldrick (albeit half fit) gave us much more in attack than any of our current players.

If we had been dreadful going forward and totally void of creativity it is 100 times worse now.

Is it weird that on 23:56 - Jan 5 with 3983 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Is it weird that on 23:48 - Jan 5 by thebooks

Nolan leaving I can understand as we've got lots of options in midfield, especially when Skuse is back. Very sad if that happens though.

Jackson's shown some ability, I think. As we're short on strikers this would be an odd move.

Nolan lacks pace and not decisive enough.
But bishop in 2nd half was miles better.
Is it weird that on 00:06 - Jan 6 with 3909 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Is it weird that on 23:56 - Jan 5 by BtreeBlueBlood

Nolan lacks pace and not decisive enough.
But bishop in 2nd half was miles better.

Pace is not likely to increase. Decision making can improve to a degree. I suspect we are unlikely to see anything more than a decent League 1 player out of him. It is for Lambert and his coaches to make a decision and act accordingly. If League 1 sides are interested that will help. If they are not, we may well be stuck with a player who will never offer us anything close to value for money.

Is it weird that on 22:53 - Jan 6 with 2844 viewsGarv

Is it weird that on 23:52 - Jan 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

Waghorn and Garner were fantastic signings. Waghorn offered us set pieces as well. On top of that, Celina was a solid Championship player for us (something we are lacking). The midfield we put out last season (Sears played there) was always able to compete and get hold of the ball enough to relieve some pressure from our defence. McGoldrick (albeit half fit) gave us much more in attack than any of our current players.

If we had been dreadful going forward and totally void of creativity it is 100 times worse now.

Garner was good value for money and I'm still astounded Wigan paid over a million quid for him, but I wouldn't call him a fantastic signing.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Is it weird that on 08:17 - Jan 7 with 2486 viewsNoBru

Is it weird that on 22:53 - Jan 6 by Garv

Garner was good value for money and I'm still astounded Wigan paid over a million quid for him, but I wouldn't call him a fantastic signing.

I bet PL would snatch your hand off for a player like Garner right now.
Is it weird that on 08:25 - Jan 7 with 2441 viewsronnyblue

We don't want league 1 players whatever the quality, we need players to either keep us in the championship or to get us promoted back to the championship. We are where we are because of the league 1 players!
Is it weird that on 08:36 - Jan 7 with 2364 viewsBluebell

I am with you on this.

Jackson struggles being up front on his own and needs another striker alongside him. Sears is playing too far back at the moment and Edwards has gone off the boil a bit.

I think we should wait to see if we are in League 1 next season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024