Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poor today 17:57 - Feb 2 with 1240 viewsMrTown

First things first, the fans of the this football club are a fantastic group of fans and deserve so much better than what we are being served up at the moment.

Yes the referee was pis* poor but let’s not hide behind that, he didn’t cost us the game, they should have been 2 or 3 up before they even scored, struggling to think of when we we created any clear chances!

Can anyone answer me why we cannot create chances, we genuinely look like a bang average League 1 team. Everybody is at least 25 yards away from each other, we can’t be a slick, creative, 1-2 touch football team.
Really not sure what Lambert is working on on the training ground at the moment, I know this club is a mess and it really isn’t down to him, but he needs to be showing greater signs of improvement between now and the end of the season surely.

Sounds ridiculous, but we should be studying and analysing a team like Brentford, very similar structure to ITFC, very different on field however.

God it’s a miserable time to be a Town fan, dreading next Sunday.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Poor today on 17:58 - Feb 2 with 1227 viewsMullet

Brentford's structure is about as far away from ours as you can get. What on earth are you on about?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Poor today on 17:59 - Feb 2 with 1221 viewspointofblue

The worst thing is thinking back to the Preston match - Lambert's first in charge. With Hurst's players and little time to work with them we put in a decent performance full of promise. That performance today would have got something out of the match; we've gone backwards since then.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Poor today on 18:06 - Feb 2 with 1171 viewsMrTown

Poor today on 17:58 - Feb 2 by Mullet

Brentford's structure is about as far away from ours as you can get. What on earth are you on about?

Small crowds, small wage championship wage budget, a fair few lower league players, operate a £7m loss per year before player sales, remain very much a selling club.

And yet they’re miles and miles ahead of us.

Poor today on 18:08 - Feb 2 with 1154 viewsMrTown

Poor today on 17:59 - Feb 2 by pointofblue

The worst thing is thinking back to the Preston match - Lambert's first in charge. With Hurst's players and little time to work with them we put in a decent performance full of promise. That performance today would have got something out of the match; we've gone backwards since then.

I think that was part of our 2 match manager bounce .

Gone backwards so much since then. Do not understand the mass lack of creativity, agree we have definitely gone backwards.

Poor today on 18:08 - Feb 2 with 1151 viewsMullet

Poor today on 18:06 - Feb 2 by MrTown

Small crowds, small wage championship wage budget, a fair few lower league players, operate a £7m loss per year before player sales, remain very much a selling club.

And yet they’re miles and miles ahead of us.

How is that their "structure"? It's perhaps their status, but in terms of how they are run and the idea we should emulate them beyond selling players for massive profits every couple of years, still seems a stretch.

We'd have to totally redesign the club, get rid of the academy and then some to do that.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Poor today on 18:12 - Feb 2 with 1112 viewsMrTown

Poor today on 18:08 - Feb 2 by Mullet

How is that their "structure"? It's perhaps their status, but in terms of how they are run and the idea we should emulate them beyond selling players for massive profits every couple of years, still seems a stretch.

We'd have to totally redesign the club, get rid of the academy and then some to do that.

It’s definitely their structure, their status is where they are I.e, championship.

But that’s irrelevant, you know what I mean now.

Redesigning the club is exactly what we have to do, what we are doing right now is not working it’s as simple as that. We should emulate them, but we can still blend in our only successful thing at the moment (the academy) into the redesign.

Cannot carry on with this disastrous routine.

Poor today on 18:12 - Feb 2 with 1114 viewschristiand

The system we currently play, with the players at PL’s disposal, but he doesn’t seem a manager for turning. Very frustrating. We were second best, by a distance, against a bang average mid table Championship side. Imagine us against some of the better sides in this division? Starting next weekend. Might have to watch that one from behind the sofa!!!
[Post edited 2 Feb 2019 18:15]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Poor today on 18:16 - Feb 2 with 1075 viewsMrTown

Poor today on 18:12 - Feb 2 by christiand

The system we currently play, with the players at PL’s disposal, but he doesn’t seem a manager for turning. Very frustrating. We were second best, by a distance, against a bang average mid table Championship side. Imagine us against some of the better sides in this division? Starting next weekend. Might have to watch that one from behind the sofa!!!
[Post edited 2 Feb 2019 18:15]

Think we have gone backwards massively! Agree, miles behind a poor Sheff Wed, I was looking at them first half thinking, last years squad would demolish these.

Don’t get me started on next week, Norwich look decent here.

Login to get fewer ads

Poor today on 18:22 - Feb 2 with 1040 viewschristiand

Poor today on 18:16 - Feb 2 by MrTown

Think we have gone backwards massively! Agree, miles behind a poor Sheff Wed, I was looking at them first half thinking, last years squad would demolish these.

Don’t get me started on next week, Norwich look decent here.

Got to say Mr Town, based on what I saw today I tend to agree.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Poor today on 18:38 - Feb 2 with 996 viewsMrTown

Poor today on 18:22 - Feb 2 by christiand

Got to say Mr Town, based on what I saw today I tend to agree.

As a club we’ve been left behind an ever competitively increasing championship.

Poor today on 18:48 - Feb 2 with 952 viewsBloomBlue

Poor today on 18:12 - Feb 2 by MrTown

It’s definitely their structure, their status is where they are I.e, championship.

But that’s irrelevant, you know what I mean now.

Redesigning the club is exactly what we have to do, what we are doing right now is not working it’s as simple as that. We should emulate them, but we can still blend in our only successful thing at the moment (the academy) into the redesign.

Cannot carry on with this disastrous routine.

But they closed down their academy maybe that's the answer
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024