Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An Owl's view 21:07 - Feb 2 with 2768 viewsBoxingDay79

Good evening Tractor boys. Wednesday fan in peace.

My first visit to Portman Road today. I was impressed by the stadium, a traditional football ground which has kept its character despite a couple of new stands.

I thought Ipswich played really well at Hillsborough earlier this season, and I thought the team Hurst had assembled would grow into Championship football as the season progressed. Obviously that was not to be. You don't need to be told about today's performance, we only played in bursts but seemed to create at will during those periods.

Tuned in to Radio Suffolk on the drive home. How you lot put up with Mick Mills I just don't know. Rude, overbearing, and a stunning lack of insight.

Althiigh I know it doesn't seem like it now, relegation is not the end of the world. A chance to win a few games, visit some new away grounds and outnumber their fans, and get back into a winning habit. You'll be back.

Good luck for the future, except, unfortunately, for next week, which the forces of good in Yorkshire need you to lose.
An Owl's view on 21:12 - Feb 2 with 2681 viewsFtnfwest

There’s positives in playing down there and we’re only the latest in a long line of once better clubs to do it, but we won’t be back anytime soon
An Owl's view on 21:32 - Feb 2 with 2470 viewsnodge_blue

Bit harsh on mick mills. Thought everything he said was spot on.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

An Owl's view on 21:39 - Feb 2 with 2408 viewsMrTown

Good assessment.

Good luck for the rest of the season, but I’m sure your focus is on next season now. Steve Bruce is a good manager, he’ll have you in the right areas of the table.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

An Owl's view on 04:31 - Feb 3 with 1835 viewsharlingblue

An Owl's view on 21:32 - Feb 2 by nodge_blue

Bit harsh on mick mills. Thought everything he said was spot on.

I agree about Mick Mills, he has quality right to give his comments, I had to turn off Radio Suffolk, having to listen to the moaners that seem to grab so much after game time on OUR programme, they go on and on, in a very boring fashion, not adding anything.
An Owl's view on 07:33 - Feb 3 with 1682 viewsbluejacko

An Owl's view on 04:31 - Feb 3 by harlingblue

I agree about Mick Mills, he has quality right to give his comments, I had to turn off Radio Suffolk, having to listen to the moaners that seem to grab so much after game time on OUR programme, they go on and on, in a very boring fashion, not adding anything.

Phone in and give your opinion then! It’s an open phone in after all.
An Owl's view on 07:56 - Feb 3 with 1593 viewsthebooks

Thought the Wednesday fans were excellent yesterday, loud and good humoured. You've also got the best fat northener without a top on in cold weather as well; you could hear him above everyone else, although I think he missed your goal. Perhaps it was you?

Don't worry, we'll lose next week. Would be good to think we'll turn things round in league one, but our owner seems to be quite happy in making us an average league one team. Can see us bottoming out there for the next decade or two. I'm sure our owner will continue to give detailed interviews about the club's management structure though, so we've got that at least.

Once you started playing you looked good, although Foriestiere had a shocker. The goal came from a lovely pass and bit of control on the wing. Bannon's a very good player.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024