Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I didn’t like Hurst and am pleased he’s not our manager but 14:45 - Feb 10 with 838 viewsBlackboots

it’s ridiculous that he’s still being blamed for how poor we are.

Hurst was here a short time, made mistakes and left after only a third of the season. Whilst we weren’t great in the home game Norwich when Hurst was here we were ok, certainly the better of the two teams. Today we huffed and puffed but never looked like getting anything out of the game. Yes at 1-0 we looked as if we could nick a goal but if we had done they’d have moved out of second gear and scored again.

Appointing Hurst turned out to be a mistake but it’s not the reason we’re going down. Evans poor leadership at the top, years of gradual decline, selling key players and not providing the resources to replace them with players of a similar quality, senior players not performing and Lambert having no impact on results are far more relevant to where we are now.

I get the sense that if we struggle next season some will blame Hurst for that too.

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

I didn’t like Hurst and am pleased he’s not our manager but on 14:54 - Feb 10 with 769 viewspatrickswell

If you believe some in here,the powderpuff football we’ve played this season is Mick McCarthy’s fault apparently.

I have a downer on Lambert - he’s the Emperor’s New Clothes as far as I’m concerned- but I feel for him in that he’s had to use sub-standard players thanks to Hurst’s transfer spree last year. Looking at what Lambert’s done in this transfer window worries me though. I have no confidence in him, he’s perpetuating a losing culture and I don’t think he’s good enough to turn it around.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2019 14:56]
I didn’t like Hurst and am pleased he’s not our manager but on 14:58 - Feb 10 with 735 viewsbournemouthblue

So you genuinely don't think that the sales of Waghorn, Webster and Garner have effected us having already lost McGoldrick and Celina

Literally all the bright spots from last season were destroyed in one transfer window!

Lambert has been trying his best to salvage something from the rubble!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I didn’t like Hurst and am pleased he’s not our manager but on 15:07 - Feb 10 with 701 viewsRegencyBlue

Overall I blame Evans for this mess but there is no doubt Hursts summer antics accelerated our decline.
I didn’t like Hurst and am pleased he’s not our manager but on 15:11 - Feb 10 with 677 viewsBlackboots

I didn’t like Hurst and am pleased he’s not our manager but on 14:58 - Feb 10 by bournemouthblue

So you genuinely don't think that the sales of Waghorn, Webster and Garner have effected us having already lost McGoldrick and Celina

Literally all the bright spots from last season were destroyed in one transfer window!

Lambert has been trying his best to salvage something from the rubble!

Do you really believe that it was Hurst’s decision to get rid of the players you have listed? Evans wanted them off the wage bill and/or the transfer fees. Some of them wanted to move on and would have done regardless of who the manager was.

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

I didn’t like Hurst and am pleased he’s not our manager but on 18:17 - Feb 10 with 539 viewsOxford_Blue

Given the core of lambert’s side was assembled by someone else who wasn’t very good and because lambert joined mid season he couldn’t assemble his own team, of course Hurst carries a lot of blame.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024