Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it me or when we used to beat Norwich regularly ... 16:27 - Feb 13 with 1878 viewsLeagueOne

With the odd loss in between, that we didn't celebrate it this much? I know we haven't won one for ten years, but we also have been in the same league for half of that time period as they've been in the third division and Premiership 5 of those seasons.

Over that "decade of dominance" they have beaten us what 6 times? 6 wins in 5 seasons we've played together and they are handing out banners, free beer, having celebratory videos - I mean we're crap and we know we're crap but it's hardly exciting stuff when you look at it in real terms, it's not like they have played us 20 times in that same period and won every game.

I am not even that bitter about their success, they've done well because they are being run well which is more than I can say about our club, but come on, a decade of dominance? They've won 6 games in 10 years against us. Yeah, that's good for them, I would swap, but banners, beers, podcasts? Little sad that even as we head into oblivion that they are that excited about beating us, if we were really"Tinpot Town" as they are now calling us, in their eyes, they'd treat it as a given surely?

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Is it me or when we used to beat Norwich regularly ... on 16:29 - Feb 13 with 1856 viewsAlexGreen

I think it's fair enough that they enjoy beating us as much as they do (as much as it pains me to say it).

For me, beating them year in, year out, would never get old - I still have the Demolition Derby video on VHS somewhere.

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Is it me or when we used to beat Norwich regularly ... on 16:34 - Feb 13 with 1820 viewsLeagueOne

Is it me or when we used to beat Norwich regularly ... on 16:29 - Feb 13 by AlexGreen

I think it's fair enough that they enjoy beating us as much as they do (as much as it pains me to say it).

For me, beating them year in, year out, would never get old - I still have the Demolition Derby video on VHS somewhere.

I was at that game and they were really rubbish that season and we were scoring for fun over that whole period - having said that we'd just come out of the early 90's where they'd done well and had been lording it up for a number of years so it was sweet to win.

As I said, I love beating Norwich but if we had won, would we be handing out free beers, banners, having videos and such dedicated to just that one win? I think we'd be in a state of shock more than anything else.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Is it me or when we used to beat Norwich regularly ... on 16:41 - Feb 13 with 1784 viewsPJH

Is it me or when we used to beat Norwich regularly ... on 16:29 - Feb 13 by AlexGreen

Going further back I have just looked at the record of League games between us and them in the period 1975/76-1984/85 when we were both in the top division except 1981/82 when they were not.
Of those 18 League games we won 10 drew 4 and lost 4 and I would certainly have gone to each and every one of them expecting us to win.
Beating them was always a highlight for me so I can understand them being rather pleased with themselves at the moment.
Is it me or when we used to beat Norwich regularly ... on 17:08 - Feb 13 with 1683 viewsbackwaywhen

They are desperate to be top dogs .... it is a symbol of their success I suppose , after all they have very little to show for their years of existence !.
Is it me or when we used to beat Norwich regularly ... on 17:15 - Feb 13 with 1649 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Went on a tour of Carrow Road recently, it ended in the canteen. All wondered why we were taken there... turned out it was so that they could show us their silverware.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Is it me or when we used to beat Norwich regularly ... on 17:16 - Feb 13 with 1649 viewsGriller

I think you assume too much. Without wishing to be unkind if you visit WOTB right now there is not one mention of Sunday's result or of ITFC. There are about seven references to NCFC on this page from which I will leave you to draw your own conclusion as to where the fixation lies. Good luck tonight
Is it me or when we used to beat Norwich regularly ... on 17:17 - Feb 13 with 1635 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Is it me or when we used to beat Norwich regularly ... on 17:16 - Feb 13 by Griller

I think you assume too much. Without wishing to be unkind if you visit WOTB right now there is not one mention of Sunday's result or of ITFC. There are about seven references to NCFC on this page from which I will leave you to draw your own conclusion as to where the fixation lies. Good luck tonight

And yet there is a canary on our forum...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Is it me or when we used to beat Norwich regularly ... on 17:33 - Feb 13 with 1581 viewsjpring89

Are the bringing out a “Decade of Dominance” DVD. Might aswell get a trophy to go with it as it’s as close as they will ever come to a proper trophy of significance in football.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Login to get fewer ads

Is it me or when we used to beat Norwich regularly ... on 17:48 - Feb 13 with 1516 viewsHarry_Palmer

Is it me or when we used to beat Norwich regularly ... on 17:16 - Feb 13 by Griller

And yet on the the 'pink-un' it is a different story with four of the main threads about ITFC including one which directly links to the schools thread on TWTD. Not obsessed at all.

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/forum/9-main-discussion-norwich-city/

Oh and you lied about WOTB, at least two threads dedicated to ITFC, probably more but I had to close it down or else be physically sick! What an awful site that is, and those colours- putrid!
[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 18:03]
Is it me or when we used to beat Norwich regularly ... on 17:54 - Feb 13 with 1498 viewsblueislander

Is it me or when we used to beat Norwich regularly ... on 17:48 - Feb 13 by Harry_Palmer

And yet on the the 'pink-un' it is a different story with four of the main threads about ITFC including one which directly links to the schools thread on TWTD. Not obsessed at all.

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/forum/9-main-discussion-norwich-city/

Oh and you lied about WOTB, at least two threads dedicated to ITFC, probably more but I had to close it down or else be physically sick! What an awful site that is, and those colours- putrid!
[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 18:03]

In the 50s and 60s there was no special rivalry. Lots of people had season tickets for both clubs. I am guessing that the bitter rivalry stemmed from the hooliganism of the 70s.
Is it me or when we used to beat Norwich regularly ... on 17:58 - Feb 13 with 1487 viewsIllinoisblue

‘Sup grills, you purchased your commemorative poster yet?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is it me or when we used to beat Norwich regularly ... on 18:23 - Feb 13 with 1393 viewsBlueastheycome

Your OP and other recent comments on other threads have outed you as a budgie. They contain very subtle and well veiled digs at Ipswich and Pro Norwich remarks. You’ve hidden it well for a while but your username should have been a red flag a long time ago.

Your obsessed with us aren’t you. And probably need to get a life if this is how you choose to fill your day.
Is it me or when we used to beat Norwich regularly ... on 18:26 - Feb 13 with 1388 viewspatrickswell

The sad truth is Norwich’s “dominance” in the derby could also factor in not just the last 10 years, but the last 20. Since the Alex Mathie 5-0 win, we have managed just 5 derby wins in the last 28 meetings (2 under Royle, 3 under Magilton). Norwich won derbies when they were strong under Worthington (3), Lambert (2), Neil(3) and now Farke (2) but also Bruce Rioch, Bryan Hamilton, Glenn Roeder and Neil Adams all have a win each under their belts, and the first three of those managed average to very poor sides. Whenever, we played them as palpably the poorer side under Keane or Jewell, the form book stayed as it was and we got thumped. Last season’s draw at Carrow Road and the way it came about was a microcosm of how dire this fixture has been for us for so long now. In fact, not losing a derby may be Paul Hurst’s crowning achievement.

In this fixture, as in so many ways over the last decade, the club has let the fans down.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 18:30]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024