Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Deal DIVIDEND"? 09:30 - Mar 14 with 677 viewsDarth_Koont

I know this is compared to a no-deal but where's this money coming from?

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-47554876

If you want a moment that clarifies the utter stupidity of where we are and the political decisions and rhetoric that got us here, now we can apparently end austerity with money magically plucked from thin air.

Pronouns: He/Him

(No subject) on 09:34 - Mar 14 with 659 viewsBlueBadger

I suspect a fiscal sleight of hand, in much the same fashion as the 'better towns' fund is coming.

/edit - yep, devil's in the details - 'tax cuts and spending rises depended on a smooth Brexit.'
So, that's a straight up lie of a promise then.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2019 9:35]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

"Deal DIVIDEND"? on 09:37 - Mar 14 with 626 viewsPinewoodblue

You can't pick money out of thin air, everyone knows it grows on trees.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

"Deal DIVIDEND"? on 09:39 - Mar 14 with 612 viewsDarth_Koont

(No subject) on 09:34 - Mar 14 by BlueBadger

I suspect a fiscal sleight of hand, in much the same fashion as the 'better towns' fund is coming.

/edit - yep, devil's in the details - 'tax cuts and spending rises depended on a smooth Brexit.'
So, that's a straight up lie of a promise then.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2019 9:35]

Yes.

I mean I know it's about borrowing more money but the language used and the logical logjam of promising increased spending AND tax cuts is just ridiculous.

With the blithe assertion that this is a dividend and they'll just borrow more, they're saying that there was no need for austerity in the first place.

"Deal DIVIDEND"? on 09:40 - Mar 14 with 610 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Same place as the money for the NHS as per the famous bus, or the funding for the Labour election promises.

What Brexit and Trump has taught us.... politicians can say anything to get what they want, they can always backtrack later.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

"Deal DIVIDEND"? on 09:42 - Mar 14 with 589 viewsWeWereZombies

There was a slight rise in sterling overnight so that will help the balance of payments due to what we pay for goods and services (and it was not enough to make us price us out).

However, this now begs the question that if there is a modest deal dividend then surely there is a greater and more, beyond financial terms, attractive dividend in ditching Brexit?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

"Deal DIVIDEND"? on 09:42 - Mar 14 with 586 viewsBlueBadger

"Deal DIVIDEND"? on 09:39 - Mar 14 by Darth_Koont

Yes.

I mean I know it's about borrowing more money but the language used and the logical logjam of promising increased spending AND tax cuts is just ridiculous.

With the blithe assertion that this is a dividend and they'll just borrow more, they're saying that there was no need for austerity in the first place.

These are also the people who, without a shred of irony will accuse their opponent of being willing to just spunk cash all over the place without a seconds' thought.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

(No subject) on 09:43 - Mar 14 with 587 viewsBlueBadger

"Deal DIVIDEND"? on 09:42 - Mar 14 by WeWereZombies

There was a slight rise in sterling overnight so that will help the balance of payments due to what we pay for goods and services (and it was not enough to make us price us out).

However, this now begs the question that if there is a modest deal dividend then surely there is a greater and more, beyond financial terms, attractive dividend in ditching Brexit?

"Deal DIVIDEND"? on 09:57 - Mar 14 with 527 viewsDarth_Koont

"Deal DIVIDEND"? on 09:42 - Mar 14 by BlueBadger

These are also the people who, without a shred of irony will accuse their opponent of being willing to just spunk cash all over the place without a seconds' thought.

I think the sad part is that they've conned themselves that they can borrow more money and waste it on the "entrepreneurial" class because it's the only way to spend money.

After all, you just can't turn a profit from old people, the sick, children, social housing, benefits and the return is too slow from regional regeneration and infrastructure projects that don't serve the growth areas.

Delusional twerps.

Login to get fewer ads

"Deal DIVIDEND"? on 09:58 - Mar 14 with 524 viewsDarth_Koont

"Deal DIVIDEND"? on 09:42 - Mar 14 by WeWereZombies

Exactly.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024