Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's going to be a real shame to see Derby lose the play-off final 22:11 - May 15 with 1520 viewsbournemouthblue

I thought a mini pitch invasion had happened but it just turned out to be craply dressed overpaid members of Derby's bloated squad (Nugent et al).

What absolute sh1thouses

Lampard is fine but Derby are a bunch of vvankers, the sheer money they have chucked at promotion is really really annoying. It is hilarious to see them bottling it year on year.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

It's going to be a real shame to see Derby lose the play-off final on 22:13 - May 15 with 1490 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

But he's done well on a shoe string with such a young squad..... ;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

It's going to be a real shame to see Derby lose the play-off final on 22:19 - May 15 with 1467 viewsgtsb

What is annoying is people showing their jealousy of other clubs spending money. Bournemouth, Derby....who is next. Imagine Town chucking money around. Like we would care.
It's going to be a real shame to see Derby lose the play-off final on 22:21 - May 15 with 1451 viewsFtnfwest

It's going to be a real shame to see Derby lose the play-off final on 22:13 - May 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

But he's done well on a shoe string with such a young squad..... ;-)

Solid mid table finish tbf
It's going to be a real shame to see Derby lose the play-off final on 22:27 - May 15 with 1429 viewsbournemouthblue

It's going to be a real shame to see Derby lose the play-off final on 22:19 - May 15 by gtsb

What is annoying is people showing their jealousy of other clubs spending money. Bournemouth, Derby....who is next. Imagine Town chucking money around. Like we would care.

Jealous, of course I'm jealous but it goes to show there are no guarantees in football

It may give you a better chance but there are no replacements for quality football management. Derby haven't really had that or they'd have gone up by now. You may find this is their season but it is always amusing to see them c0ck it up given the sheer amount of money they have thrown at it.

The old sell the Stadium trick is their latest creative accounting ploy to avoid FFP by the looks of it

It's going to be a real shame to see Derby lose the play-off final on 22:30 - May 15 with 1412 viewsgtsb

It's going to be a real shame to see Derby lose the play-off final on 22:27 - May 15 by bournemouthblue

Jealous, of course I'm jealous but it goes to show there are no guarantees in football

It may give you a better chance but there are no replacements for quality football management. Derby haven't really had that or they'd have gone up by now. You may find this is their season but it is always amusing to see them c0ck it up given the sheer amount of money they have thrown at it.

The old sell the Stadium trick is their latest creative accounting ploy to avoid FFP by the looks of it

Yes but good luck to them. Do you not think that every company there is doesn't bend the rules to their favour....apart from Town.
It's going to be a real shame to see Derby lose the play-off final on 01:08 - May 16 with 1304 viewsbournemouthblue

It's going to be a real shame to see Derby lose the play-off final on 22:30 - May 15 by gtsb

Yes but good luck to them. Do you not think that every company there is doesn't bend the rules to their favour....apart from Town.

Again I've no doubt they're the only ones but they seem to be the most flagrant operators of it

Yes they have continued to have decent crowds over the years but this doesn't account for the sheer money they have been throwing at it.

They spent about £26 million I believe one season back when they signed Bradley Johnson for example and at time, that would be more like £40 - £50 million now yet they haven't even been close to any threat of FFP sanctions from what I can see

I can't see how they continue to get away with it

Often when it does catch up with them, they have been promoted and get a fine which is a small proportion of the extra income they reap in the Premiership

Little Old Bournemouth were fined in the Premiership for example because shock horror they had overspent in the Championship. Who'd a thunk it!
[Post edited 16 May 2019 1:09]

It's going to be a real shame to see Derby lose the play-off final on 01:11 - May 16 with 1296 viewsSpruceMoose

It's going to be a real shame to see Derby lose the play-off final on 22:19 - May 15 by gtsb

We would if we ended up in administration again...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

It's going to be a real shame to see Derby lose the play-off final on 01:29 - May 16 with 1285 viewsbournemouthblue

It's going to be a real shame to see Derby lose the play-off final on 01:11 - May 16 by SpruceMoose

We would if we ended up in administration again...

Indeed, the Bolton scenario is a particularly scary one

FFP has probably always been a ruse for Evans to resist overspending or in fact spending much at all since we sold Murphy.

We have been sleep walking to League One, essentially downsizing all off field operations to League One capacity. It was probably only a matter of time before the on pitch performance began to match it. MM had us on the slide before he left, we were treading water, even when he had us performing beyond the level our budget should have positioned us.

I do wonder if any of the few genuinely FFP compliant clubs could work together and challenge the football league on the restriction compliance actually has had on performance. The moneybags of this league deliberately kicked up a fuss to try and soften FFP getting all manner of lawyers in and managed to soften it. As a result the clubs who had complied had been disadvantaged, financially I think the EFL should reimburse these clubs for bothering to comply from the off.

FFP has never seemed to have any genuine teeth, which sadly was always the likely outcome.

Login to get fewer ads

It's going to be a real shame to see Derby lose the play-off final on 07:35 - May 16 with 1110 viewsBlueBoots

It's going to be a real shame to see Derby lose the play-off final on 22:27 - May 15 by bournemouthblue

The "sell the Stadium trick"? Mel Morris paid Derby £80m for an asset that was on their books valued at £41m - in any other business they'd be calling the fraud squad rather than the FFP police.

Was rooting for the Baggies to win the play-offs - after relegating Leeds a few seasons back, enjoyed our lot helping to derail their promotion this time around (personal reasons).

Now a horrible choice between a team that have thrown money season after season to get promotion (finally by dishonest means IMO, as I mentioned earlier - if they get promoted, I look forward to Derby buying their stadium back off Mel Morris for £120m next tax year), or a team that has FKW John Terry on the staff...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024