Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thin skinned men march to show us their insecurities 15:28 - Jun 7 with 3368 viewsSpruceMoose

Oy vey! Are they really so threatened by Pride that they need to do this? I mean, it's not like straight white blokes are an oppressed minority...

Good for Brad Pitt for rejecting any link with these sad sacks.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/jun/07/straight-pride-brad-pitt-milo-yiann
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 16:19]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 15:32 - Jun 7 with 1854 viewswkj

This whole story is a strange one really. I'm all for a good parade for people to enjoy being people but it is sad to see this is already being adopted as an event of hate despite the organisers claiming that it isn't

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 15:34 - Jun 7 with 1846 viewsSpruceMoose

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 15:32 - Jun 7 by wkj

This whole story is a strange one really. I'm all for a good parade for people to enjoy being people but it is sad to see this is already being adopted as an event of hate despite the organisers claiming that it isn't

Hate of others and opposition to leaving people alone is all that defines them.

I guess when you've been in charge for so long, equality can feel a little bit like discrimination.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 15:37]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 15:52 - Jun 7 with 1796 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If they want a parade about celebrating what they are, then that's fine (if a bit pointless). Straight, white men are allowed to be proud.

If they want a parade that is anti gay etc, then thats not fine.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 15:57 - Jun 7 with 1776 viewsSpruceMoose

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 15:52 - Jun 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

If they want a parade about celebrating what they are, then that's fine (if a bit pointless). Straight, white men are allowed to be proud.

If they want a parade that is anti gay etc, then thats not fine.

Every day is a privilege parade for straight white blokes though. It's clear what their motivations are for this. Look at who they are roping in.

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:01 - Jun 7 with 1758 viewswkj

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 15:57 - Jun 7 by SpruceMoose

Every day is a privilege parade for straight white blokes though. It's clear what their motivations are for this. Look at who they are roping in.

I would say the claim that straight men are an oppressed majority makes things questionable

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:03 - Jun 7 with 1759 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 15:57 - Jun 7 by SpruceMoose

The parade does seem like a bad idea by dodgy people, but you don't sound much better. You come across as prejudiced.

I think that's a poor generalisation about straight white blokes.

You don't think straight white blokes suffer from;

mental health issues
Physical health issues
Poverty
Crime
Ageism
Discrimination

Come on spruce, you're better than this surely?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:04 - Jun 7 with 1748 viewsBlueBadger

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:03 - Jun 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

The parade does seem like a bad idea by dodgy people, but you don't sound much better. You come across as prejudiced.

mental health issues
Physical health issues
Poverty
Crime
Ageism
Discrimination

That's quite the elaborate straw man there, care with the matches.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:05 - Jun 7 with 1739 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:04 - Jun 7 by BlueBadger

That's quite the elaborate straw man there, care with the matches.

Each to their own.

I'm not supporting the parade, I'm just saying don't generalise. It's not helpful.

Login to get fewer ads

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:09 - Jun 7 with 1721 viewsSpruceMoose

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:03 - Jun 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

mental health issues
Physical health issues
Poverty
Crime
Ageism
Discrimination

How does this parade highlight or help with the following issues faced by many white males in the UK?

Mental health issues
Physical health issues
Poverty
Crime
Ageism
Discrimination

A follow up question. Do you think that straight white males in the UK face the following issues in greater or lesser amounts than minorities?

Mental health issues
Physical health issues
Poverty
Crime
Ageism
Discrimination

Within the UK, straight white males have a kind of structural privilege, or an advantage, over other groups. Within that group of straight white males there are of course individuals who struggle, and they should be helped just as much as any member of any other group but that doesn't change the fact that on the whole society in the UK is still set up to favour straight white males.

White males are not intrinsically at a disadvantage compared to other groups. In fact, the opposite is true. This isn't their fault, this isn't an attack on them, but it is a fact.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 16:13]

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:09 - Jun 7 with 1725 viewsBlueBadger

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:05 - Jun 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

Each to their own.

I'm not supporting the parade, I'm just saying don't generalise. It's not helpful.

I don't think anyone here is saying Straight Pride Marchers=All straight white folks.

Apart from you, apparently.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 16:18]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:12 - Jun 7 with 1708 viewsSpruceMoose

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:05 - Jun 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

Each to their own.

I'm not generalising. I am explaining that society in the UK is fundamentally set up to to favour straight white males over other groups, and when this status quo is challenged a fair number of them feel like it is discrimination, when in fact it is just leveling the playing field.

Surely you can see the difference in what I am actually saying and what you've accused me of saying? I say this as a straight, white, British, male.

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:14 - Jun 7 with 1697 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:09 - Jun 7 by SpruceMoose

How does this parade highlight or help with the following issues faced by many white males in the UK?

Mental health issues
Physical health issues
Poverty
Crime
Ageism
Discrimination

A follow up question. Do you think that straight white males in the UK face the following issues in greater or lesser amounts than minorities?

Mental health issues
Physical health issues
Poverty
Crime
Ageism
Discrimination

Within the UK, straight white males have a kind of structural privilege, or an advantage, over other groups. Within that group of straight white males there are of course individuals who struggle, and they should be helped just as much as any member of any other group but that doesn't change the fact that on the whole society in the UK is still set up to favour straight white males.

White males are not intrinsically at a disadvantage compared to other groups. In fact, the opposite is true. This isn't their fault, this isn't an attack on them, but it is a fact.

You ignored the fact that I said the parade didn't need to take place.

I was simply countering your 'life is one long rivelege parade for straight white blokes'.

Do read posts before you reply.

You shouldn't separate one demographic like you did, it's far too simplistic. Not to mention prejudiced.

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:15 - Jun 7 with 1692 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:09 - Jun 7 by BlueBadger

I don't think anyone here is saying Straight Pride Marchers=All straight white folks.

Apart from you, apparently.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 16:18]

You've lost me love.

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:17 - Jun 7 with 1681 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:12 - Jun 7 by SpruceMoose

I'm not generalising. I am explaining that society in the UK is fundamentally set up to to favour straight white males over other groups, and when this status quo is challenged a fair number of them feel like it is discrimination, when in fact it is just leveling the playing field.

Surely you can see the difference in what I am actually saying and what you've accused me of saying? I say this as a straight, white, British, male.

I just took exception with you saying that 'life is one long privilege parade for straight white men'.

It may be so for many, but it's not for all.

You just generalised too much. Not a crime, but also not a good idea.

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:19 - Jun 7 with 1680 viewsSpruceMoose

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:14 - Jun 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

You ignored the fact that I said the parade didn't need to take place.

I was simply countering your 'life is one long rivelege parade for straight white blokes'.

Do read posts before you reply.

You shouldn't separate one demographic like you did, it's far too simplistic. Not to mention prejudiced.

You seem fundamentally unable or unwilling to think about the points I've made.

If anything is simplistic here, it is you. Stop being so thin skinned. Is it any wonder that a northern European country with a predominantly white population, within the historical context of male dominance, should have a society set up that reflects the tastes, wishes, wants and needs of white men? That's hardly controversial.

It isn't an attack on white men. It is a fact. .

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:19 - Jun 7 with 1674 viewsBlueBadger

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:15 - Jun 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

You've lost me love.

In all fairness, you had gone a bit 'Chico' there.

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:19 - Jun 7 with 1670 viewsSpruceMoose

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:17 - Jun 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

I just took exception with you saying that 'life is one long privilege parade for straight white men'.

It may be so for many, but it's not for all.

You just generalised too much. Not a crime, but also not a good idea.

I think you just fail to understand the complex nature of what we are discussing. Sorry.

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:22 - Jun 7 with 1657 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:19 - Jun 7 by SpruceMoose

You seem fundamentally unable or unwilling to think about the points I've made.

If anything is simplistic here, it is you. Stop being so thin skinned. Is it any wonder that a northern European country with a predominantly white population, within the historical context of male dominance, should have a society set up that reflects the tastes, wishes, wants and needs of white men? That's hardly controversial.

It isn't an attack on white men. It is a fact. .

I'm not being thin skinned, just making some points.

Discussion is healthy, I hope you can see that.

All I asked is that you don't generalise.

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:23 - Jun 7 with 1651 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:19 - Jun 7 by SpruceMoose

I think you just fail to understand the complex nature of what we are discussing. Sorry.

No failure here, just offering another point of view.

Feel free to close me down if you wish.

Discussion is healthy.

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:23 - Jun 7 with 1649 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:19 - Jun 7 by BlueBadger

In all fairness, you had gone a bit 'Chico' there.

OK.

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:24 - Jun 7 with 1649 viewsSpruceMoose

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:22 - Jun 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'm not being thin skinned, just making some points.

Discussion is healthy, I hope you can see that.

All I asked is that you don't generalise.

I didn't generalise. Understanding that and getting over that hurdle is a prerequisite for you being able to join in with meaningful conversation and debate here.

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:24 - Jun 7 with 1642 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:24 - Jun 7 by SpruceMoose

I didn't generalise. Understanding that and getting over that hurdle is a prerequisite for you being able to join in with meaningful conversation and debate here.

'Life is one long privilege parade for straight white men'

Just seems a bit of a generalisation to me.

Happy to agree to differ.

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:25 - Jun 7 with 1636 viewsSpruceMoose

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:23 - Jun 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

No failure here, just offering another point of view.

Feel free to close me down if you wish.

Discussion is healthy.

I'm doing the opposite of closing you down. I'm encouraging you to actually address what I've said. You haven't done that yet. I'd really like it if you could rather than setting up the straw man arguments.

This subject area always seems to trigger you, which is a shame as it seems you see this as an attack when it really isn't.

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:26 - Jun 7 with 1627 viewsSpruceMoose

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:24 - Jun 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

'Life is one long privilege parade for straight white men'

Just seems a bit of a generalisation to me.

Happy to agree to differ.

Read the following bits. It'll help you understand what that means. Don't just read one line and stick your fingers in your ears.

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:26 - Jun 7 with 1622 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Thin Skinned men march to show us their insecurities on 16:25 - Jun 7 by SpruceMoose

I'm doing the opposite of closing you down. I'm encouraging you to actually address what I've said. You haven't done that yet. I'd really like it if you could rather than setting up the straw man arguments.

This subject area always seems to trigger you, which is a shame as it seems you see this as an attack when it really isn't.

We'll have to agree to differ I think. Can't keep going over and over the same point.

Live and let live brother.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024