Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just before ko yesterday, kerfuffle at the back near the home fans. 08:22 - Oct 27 with 2866 viewsartsbossbeard

What was occurring? Saw that plenty had congregated towards the back and the stewards where amongst them and were looking to push fans forward??

Seemed like a strange move as the town fans had nowhere to move forward into.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Nothing much really.... on 08:57 - Oct 27 with 2732 viewsBloots

….a lot of our late arrivals, myself included, had gone in through the far entrance and moved to the right where the only room was.

Too many were squeezed in so they had to let us move into the area they had planned to leave empty.

Looked quite dramatic as every one moved towards the home fans though.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Just before ko yesterday, kerfuffle at the back near the home fans. on 09:15 - Oct 27 with 2667 viewsJakeITFC

We had an argument with some fellow Town fans over the shouting of Essex related stuff to the Southend fans. One guy in particular took real offence and tried to climb over about five rows of seats to hit one of my mates.

Was made worse by loads of people arriving at the same time and escalating the row, which was utterly pathetic to start with but almost blew up into something (and stewards got involved).
Statistically speaking, abusing Essex would have..... on 09:25 - Oct 27 with 2570 viewsBloots

Just before ko yesterday, kerfuffle at the back near the home fans. on 09:15 - Oct 27 by JakeITFC

We had an argument with some fellow Town fans over the shouting of Essex related stuff to the Southend fans. One guy in particular took real offence and tried to climb over about five rows of seats to hit one of my mates.

Was made worse by loads of people arriving at the same time and escalating the row, which was utterly pathetic to start with but almost blew up into something (and stewards got involved).

….offended 301.35 of the Town fans there yesterday, so it's not really a surprise.

Just before ko yesterday, kerfuffle at the back near the home fans. on 09:27 - Oct 27 with 2550 viewsartsbossbeard

Just before ko yesterday, kerfuffle at the back near the home fans. on 09:15 - Oct 27 by JakeITFC

I did see you looking annoyed and a steward standing next to you.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Statistically speaking, abusing Essex would have..... on 09:29 - Oct 27 with 2543 viewsJakeITFC

Statistically speaking, abusing Essex would have..... on 09:25 - Oct 27 by Bloots

….offended 301.35 of the Town fans there yesterday, so it's not really a surprise.

I think it would normally take something out of the ordinary to cause somebody to leap back five rows and try to start a fight, not just the mention of the county they are from.
Nah, about 6 pints and..... on 09:31 - Oct 27 with 2498 viewsBloots

Statistically speaking, abusing Essex would have..... on 09:29 - Oct 27 by JakeITFC

I think it would normally take something out of the ordinary to cause somebody to leap back five rows and try to start a fight, not just the mention of the county they are from.

….a couple of lines is all it takes.

Know your audience.

Just before ko yesterday, kerfuffle at the back near the home fans. on 09:31 - Oct 27 with 2523 viewsJakeITFC

Just before ko yesterday, kerfuffle at the back near the home fans. on 09:27 - Oct 27 by artsbossbeard

I did see you looking annoyed and a steward standing next to you.

It was annoying.

Was very lucky not to get a slap in that bar Heroes on the high street after - walked in head down with a cap on, looked up when I got in and it was all Southend and got a very frosty reception and quickly scarpered. Sounds like a few after us weren’t so lucky.
Just before ko yesterday, kerfuffle at the back near the home fans. on 09:35 - Oct 27 with 2469 viewsartsbossbeard

Just before ko yesterday, kerfuffle at the back near the home fans. on 09:31 - Oct 27 by JakeITFC

It was annoying.

Was very lucky not to get a slap in that bar Heroes on the high street after - walked in head down with a cap on, looked up when I got in and it was all Southend and got a very frosty reception and quickly scarpered. Sounds like a few after us weren’t so lucky.

Yeah, got lively in there later I understand.

We dipped straight in and out and were back around fenchurch Street before 7. Decent shout, I reckon.

Login to get fewer ads

Nah, about 6 pints and..... on 09:40 - Oct 27 with 2387 viewsJakeITFC

Nah, about 6 pints and..... on 09:31 - Oct 27 by Bloots

….a couple of lines is all it takes.

Know your audience.

It’s all good, we’d have won the fight.
Statistically speaking, abusing Essex would have..... on 09:41 - Oct 27 with 2389 viewsColin_Viljoen

Statistically speaking, abusing Essex would have..... on 09:29 - Oct 27 by JakeITFC

Thing is Jake if you didn't realise it, a lot of Town fans live in Essex, lets face it Ipswich is not that far away from the Suffolk/Essex border & maybe those people might take offence to people slagging them off!
Statistically speaking, abusing Essex would have..... on 09:45 - Oct 27 with 2358 viewsJakeITFC

Statistically speaking, abusing Essex would have..... on 09:41 - Oct 27 by Colin_Viljoen

Thing is Jake if you didn't realise it, a lot of Town fans live in Essex, lets face it Ipswich is not that far away from the Suffolk/Essex border & maybe those people might take offence to people slagging them off!

I did realise it, as I was with my friend who lives in Essex and took the clearly ridiculous and stupid thing my friend said in the good humour it was intended.

Glad to know that the honour of Essex is being so well defended by its brave, brave men though.
Just before ko yesterday, kerfuffle at the back near the home fans. on 12:41 - Oct 27 with 1913 viewstextbackup

Just before ko yesterday, kerfuffle at the back near the home fans. on 09:35 - Oct 27 by artsbossbeard

Yeah, got lively in there later I understand.

We dipped straight in and out and were back around fenchurch Street before 7. Decent shout, I reckon.

We went in there after the game, was about 30 sarfend in there.... not entirely sure how and why we went there, but no trouble was seen

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Just before ko yesterday, kerfuffle at the back near the home fans. on 16:40 - Oct 27 with 1606 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Presumably anybody singing it would have wanted a reaction? Why on earth would it be sung otherwise. Just turns out the reaction came from within our end and no doubt he/they weren’t expecting that. How did it end? Lots of posturing?
Just before ko yesterday, kerfuffle at the back near the home fans. on 16:53 - Oct 27 with 1535 viewsJakeITFC

Just before ko yesterday, kerfuffle at the back near the home fans. on 16:40 - Oct 27 by PrideOfTheEast

Presumably anybody singing it would have wanted a reaction? Why on earth would it be sung otherwise. Just turns out the reaction came from within our end and no doubt he/they weren’t expecting that. How did it end? Lots of posturing?

It was literally nothing - not even a song, just a one-off shout of ‘shut up you Essex slugs’ or something along those lines as we walked in. Stupid, childish but obviously not meant to make the blood boil.

The bloke went absolutely nuts immediately and came charging over. Was a stupid overreaction which continued to escalate as more people decided to get involved. It would have been absolutely ludicrous for it turn into a fight but it very nearly did, which is why a fair old group of stewards came over.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024