Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe fans around? 16:38 - Jan 22 with 1798 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Billy Bremner’s Rockfiles on at The Smokehouse tonight.
He’s the semi-legendary original member of Rockpile and it’s a Rockpile tribute act doing many of their classic songs plus some others by the likes of Mickey Jupp for example.
I saw them at the 100 club Oxford Street.
Not quite as great as the original band back in the day but pretty good if you like that kind of music.

* waits for quips about psycho 70’s footballer...
Any Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe fans around? on 17:00 - Jan 22 with 1765 viewsRadlett_blue

I sort of saw them at Oxford Poly in 1979, but thought they were very loud & was more interested in the charms of a certain young lady that evening.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Any Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe fans around? on 17:03 - Jan 22 with 1761 viewsblueislander

Edmunds and Lowe are indeed legends. I knew the bride their finest work imo.
Any Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe fans around? on 17:21 - Jan 22 with 1745 viewsFtnfwest

I wasn't sure if I should post a nasty response to this or not, as you have to be cruel to be kind in the right measure
Any Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe fans around? on 17:23 - Jan 22 with 1742 viewsblueislander

Any Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe fans around? on 17:21 - Jan 22 by Ftnfwest

I wasn't sure if I should post a nasty response to this or not, as you have to be cruel to be kind in the right measure

Just keep knocking.
Any Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe fans around? on 17:27 - Jan 22 with 1737 viewsfactual_blue

Loved the whole Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe/Brinsley Schwarz/Graham Parker & The Rumour scene.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Any Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe fans around? on 17:33 - Jan 22 with 1727 viewsMeadowlark

Any Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe fans around? on 17:27 - Jan 22 by factual_blue

Loved the whole Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe/Brinsley Schwarz/Graham Parker & The Rumour scene.

Me too!
I met Brinsley Schwarz last year after a gig at The Apex (with Graham Parker).
Had quite a chat with him. Very nice bloke.
Guess who his favourite band is?
I never saw the Brinsleys first time around, but have all their LPs and have seen various band members in various bands over the years.
Great stuff!
Any Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe fans around? on 17:47 - Jan 22 with 1703 viewsfactual_blue

Any Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe fans around? on 17:33 - Jan 22 by Meadowlark

Me too!
I met Brinsley Schwarz last year after a gig at The Apex (with Graham Parker).
Had quite a chat with him. Very nice bloke.
Guess who his favourite band is?
I never saw the Brinsleys first time around, but have all their LPs and have seen various band members in various bands over the years.
Great stuff!

His favourite band is, of course, The Band.

The Band rehearsed using Brinsley's equipment ahead of their Wembley Stadium gig in Sept 1974.

I saw GP & The Rumour 2-3 times back in the '70s.

Any Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe fans around? on 17:57 - Jan 22 with 1685 viewsPJH

Any Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe fans around? on 17:27 - Jan 22 by factual_blue

Nick Lowe and Brinsley Schwarz are both ex Woodbridge School pupils as am I, where did I go wrong?

Love Dave Edmunds.
Login to get fewer ads

Any Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe fans around? on 17:58 - Jan 22 with 1685 viewsMeadowlark

Any Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe fans around? on 17:47 - Jan 22 by factual_blue

The Band rehearsed using Brinsley's equipment ahead of their Wembley Stadium gig in Sept 1974.

Good answer.....but Mr Schwarz told me his favourite band was Steely Dan!

We were discussing getting LPs signed after gigs and he said that on his recent Ducks Deluxe tour of Scandinavia they spent ages each night autographing fans' old albums. (I had mentioned that I'd considered bringing mine....)
He said it was a pain to do, but he didn't mind really because it was a nice thing and he wouldn't mind getting his Steely Dan albums signed like that!
(I think this was just before Walter Becker died, so maybe 2018 - not last year as I said above.)
Any Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe fans around? on 18:13 - Jan 22 with 1669 viewsfactual_blue

Any Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe fans around? on 17:58 - Jan 22 by Meadowlark

Good answer.....but Mr Schwarz told me his favourite band was Steely Dan!

We were discussing getting LPs signed after gigs and he said that on his recent Ducks Deluxe tour of Scandinavia they spent ages each night autographing fans' old albums. (I had mentioned that I'd considered bringing mine....)
He said it was a pain to do, but he didn't mind really because it was a nice thing and he wouldn't mind getting his Steely Dan albums signed like that!
(I think this was just before Walter Becker died, so maybe 2018 - not last year as I said above.)

Here's a bit of Nick Lowe/Band crossover.

Any Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe fans around? on 18:26 - Jan 22 with 1653 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Any Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe fans around? on 17:57 - Jan 22 by PJH

Nick Lowe and Brinsley Schwarz are both ex Woodbridge School pupils as am I, where did I go wrong?

Love Dave Edmunds.

So am I. What years?
Any Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe fans around? on 18:28 - Jan 22 with 1650 viewsPJH

Any Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe fans around? on 18:26 - Jan 22 by SouthBucksBlue

So am I. What years?

1962-1968.

Did not enjoy it too much though.
Any Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe fans around? on 18:30 - Jan 22 with 1650 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Any Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe fans around? on 17:47 - Jan 22 by factual_blue

Sounds like you’ve read ‘Cruel to be Kind’ Will Birch’s excellent bio of Nick Lowe. If you haven’t, you should!
Any Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe fans around? on 18:38 - Jan 22 with 1641 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Any Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe fans around? on 18:28 - Jan 22 by PJH

1962-1968.

Did not enjoy it too much though.

I was 1967-72 so we would have overlapped.
Did you go to the evening with Nick Lowe at the school in 2012?
Any Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe fans around? on 18:44 - Jan 22 with 1633 viewsSouthBucksBlue

So is anyone actually going to the gig tonight?
Any Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe fans around? on 18:47 - Jan 22 with 1631 viewsPJH

Any Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe fans around? on 18:38 - Jan 22 by SouthBucksBlue

I was 1967-72 so we would have overlapped.
Did you go to the evening with Nick Lowe at the school in 2012?

I did not realise that there was an evening with Nick Lowe.

I remember a band made up of boys from the school playing on stage when I was there so I like to think that that was possibly Nick Lowe and Brinsley Schwartz but I am not certain.

Just checked and Nick Lowe is just short of two years older than me but I do not know which form I was in when that band played.

I went there through passing the eleven plus but I mostly wish that I had gone to Farlingaye.
Any Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe fans around? on 19:29 - Jan 22 with 1598 viewsfactual_blue

Any Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe fans around? on 17:57 - Jan 22 by PJH

Love Dave Edmunds.

You probably didn't love the sound of breaking glass.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024