Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's the little things - random acts of kindness 08:26 - Jan 31 with 931 viewshomer_123

Our neighbours sadly lost a member of their family earlier in the week - never an easy time.

As it turns out this coincided with an awful lot of road/ path relaying also happening in the road - with a huge amount of disruption, noise etc. and lots and workmen going about their work.

Yesterday, the undertakers arrived to remove the deceased person and, to a man, the workmen stopped. Took off their safety hats, turned off all the equipment, bowed their heads whist they were taken away.

At the end of the day, they even left a small bouquet of flowers and a note sending their condolences.

Extremely thoughtful.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

It's the little things - random acts of kindness on 08:36 - Jan 31 with 882 viewsEdwardStone

incredibly kind and respectful of them

I am sure the bereaved were grateful

A nice story to share on a grey and blustery morning
It's the little things - random acts of kindness on 08:47 - Jan 31 with 847 viewsLord_Lucan

I reckon the're eyeing up a job to re lay their drive.

On a serious note though well done to them.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

It's the little things - random acts of kindness on 10:40 - Jan 31 with 741 viewsfactual_blue

One of the few memories of my dad's funeral in 1972 was that everybody the hearse drove past make a small nod of acknowledgement. Men wearing hats would remove them.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024