Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One thing we need to be careful of over the coming weeks 09:08 - Mar 17 with 640 viewsGuthrum

Uncertainty causing fear, leading to anger and resulting in fighting.

Magnified by the curtailment of normal social relations. Humans are notably social animals and many of them do not deal well with prolonged solitary confinement (being why it is used as a punishment).

The fight-or-flight impulse when it has no easy outlets. You can't even go to the pub for a beer or shout at the football.

The solution? Cut people a bit of extra slack. If someone having a freak-out riles you, step aside for a bit. If you feel the anger rising within yourself, take a breather.

The current situation is 'nae normal', so our behaviours are going to have to adjust in order to cope.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 9:10]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

One thing we need to be careful of over the coming weeks on 09:12 - Mar 17 with 595 viewshomer_123

You wanna step outside? Do ya!?

Joking aside, sensible Guthers. Isolation isn't good for anyone, so the longer term effects are going to be exacerbated.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

One thing we need to be careful of over the coming weeks on 09:13 - Mar 17 with 588 viewsmonytowbray

One thing we need to be careful of over the coming weeks on 09:12 - Mar 17 by homer_123

Joking aside, sensible Guthers. Isolation isn't good for anyone, so the longer term effects are going to be exacerbated.

I’m split on it, the older I get the more introverted I am getting.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

One thing we need to be careful of over the coming weeks on 09:13 - Mar 17 with 587 viewsbluelagos

I genuinely saw people behave on the road yesterday in a "Fck you" manner that is thankfully very rare. Easy to react but yeah, cut them some slack, as you have no idea what sh1t they are dealing with.

Your words are wise ones Guthers. Wonder if they should be repeated every day on here til this cr×p is all sorted and normality is restored.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

One thing we need to be careful of over the coming weeks on 09:13 - Mar 17 with 583 viewsNewcyBlue

One thing we need to be careful of over the coming weeks on 09:12 - Mar 17 by homer_123

I’m a lover not a fighter.

Want to play mummies and daddies? Which one do you want to be?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

One thing we need to be careful of over the coming weeks on 09:17 - Mar 17 with 566 viewsGuthrum

One thing we need to be careful of over the coming weeks on 09:13 - Mar 17 by monytowbray

I’m split on it, the older I get the more introverted I am getting.

Introversion and self-reliance are not necessarily the same thing (I know this from my own experience). Too much inward reflection is not always healthy. People are often harder on themselves than they are on others.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

One thing we need to be careful of over the coming weeks on 09:18 - Mar 17 with 551 viewsbluelagos

One thing we need to be careful of over the coming weeks on 09:13 - Mar 17 by NewcyBlue

I’m a lover not a fighter.

Want to play mummies and daddies? Which one do you want to be?

Reminds me of a joke...

Bloke gets sent to prison and gets to his cell whers he is met with a big ugly fcker who says "Let's play mummies and daddies, who yoj want to be?"

Bloke thinks about it and it figures it would be better to push than be arse raped, so says he'll be daddy.

"Fine, now come over here and suck mummies cock"

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

One thing we need to be careful of over the coming weeks on 09:20 - Mar 17 with 539 viewsNewcyBlue

One thing we need to be careful of over the coming weeks on 09:18 - Mar 17 by bluelagos

Reminds me of a joke...

Bloke gets sent to prison and gets to his cell whers he is met with a big ugly fcker who says "Let's play mummies and daddies, who yoj want to be?"

Bloke thinks about it and it figures it would be better to push than be arse raped, so says he'll be daddy.

"Fine, now come over here and suck mummies cock"

You spoiled it for me

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

One thing we need to be careful of over the coming weeks on 09:23 - Mar 17 with 522 viewsmonytowbray

One thing we need to be careful of over the coming weeks on 09:17 - Mar 17 by Guthrum

Introversion and self-reliance are not necessarily the same thing (I know this from my own experience). Too much inward reflection is not always healthy. People are often harder on themselves than they are on others.

Did all of that last year. These days I appreciate time with myself more and enjoy it.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024