Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? 06:48 - Mar 18 with 2683 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/17/there-is-a-policy-of-surrender-doc

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 07:25 - Mar 18 with 1382 viewsEly_Blue

Opinions are like @r5eholes, everyone has got one

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 07:42 - Mar 18 with 1355 viewsWeWereZombies

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 07:25 - Mar 18 by Ely_Blue

Opinions are like @r5eholes, everyone has got one

I think you should read the article, there is a lot of information and not too much opinion (like the human body it is only a small percentage rectal, and everybody need a rectum because you would fill up with waste matter otherwise).

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 07:44 - Mar 18 with 1351 viewsDanTheMan

I thought the Government position was that front line staff were getting tested if they were sick?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 07:50 - Mar 18 with 1339 viewsHerbivore

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 07:44 - Mar 18 by DanTheMan

I thought the Government position was that front line staff were getting tested if they were sick?

There's lots of anecdotal evidence to the contrary. Our lack of testing is a huge problem.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 07:55 - Mar 18 with 1325 viewsPinewoodblue

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 07:42 - Mar 18 by WeWereZombies

I think you should read the article, there is a lot of information and not too much opinion (like the human body it is only a small percentage rectal, and everybody need a rectum because you would fill up with waste matter otherwise).

The first thing I noticed was that the information given was wrong. It shows number of cases for U.K. but number of deaths for just England. Carelessness leads you to question the integrity of the rest of the article.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 07:59 - Mar 18 with 1315 viewsWeWereZombies

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 07:55 - Mar 18 by Pinewoodblue

The first thing I noticed was that the information given was wrong. It shows number of cases for U.K. but number of deaths for just England. Carelessness leads you to question the integrity of the rest of the article.

The information is not wrong but I can see that it is a little difficult to interpret. All coronavirus deaths in the United Kingdom so far have been in England so the first line shows that and the second line shows the case split across the United Kingdom.

[edit] Here's where I get the 'all coronavirus deaths have been in England' from, again a little difficult to interpret but I think that is what the second line/paragraph of the piece says:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51889957
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 8:01]

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 08:00 - Mar 18 with 1315 viewsEly_Blue

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 07:42 - Mar 18 by WeWereZombies

I read the article and I have a question for you. How often should nhs workers be tested? Every day? Let’s face it there is no point in testing all nhs staff in the same way as there is no point in testing every person in the uk, just because you don’t have the virus today or this morning doesn’t mean you won’t have it this afternoon or tomorrow.

Nhs staff would do well to follow the guidelines that we have all been given if we have the symptoms surely?

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 08:08 - Mar 18 with 1293 viewsWeWereZombies

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 08:00 - Mar 18 by Ely_Blue

I read the article and I have a question for you. How often should nhs workers be tested? Every day? Let’s face it there is no point in testing all nhs staff in the same way as there is no point in testing every person in the uk, just because you don’t have the virus today or this morning doesn’t mean you won’t have it this afternoon or tomorrow.

Nhs staff would do well to follow the guidelines that we have all been given if we have the symptoms surely?

That is not a question for me, that is a question for the Chief Medical Officer.

But to give an opinion (which after all is not like a rectum - which is a tangible entity whereas an opinion is an intangible entity, going back to my accountancy training you identify an intangible asset by assessing whether or not it can be kicked), I think it would be best to follow the relative success stories of Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan and to some extent Japan rather than the apparent failures of China, Italy and Iran.

Login to get fewer ads

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 08:13 - Mar 18 with 1297 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 08:00 - Mar 18 by Ely_Blue

I really don’t understand the blind spot you’ve got over this. Nobody is saying test everyone. WHO have been very clear the important role testing will play. So by your premise, vital NHS workers should self isolate if someone in their household has symptoms. How about testing them and finding out and getting them back to work if possible.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 08:15 - Mar 18 with 1280 viewsEly_Blue

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 08:13 - Mar 18 by WestStanderLaLaLa

I really don’t understand the blind spot you’ve got over this. Nobody is saying test everyone. WHO have been very clear the important role testing will play. So by your premise, vital NHS workers should self isolate if someone in their household has symptoms. How about testing them and finding out and getting them back to work if possible.

And clog up an already under stress testing system?

Testing nhs staff is not the answer I’m afraid

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 08:17 - Mar 18 with 1272 viewsHerbivore

You test people when they have symptoms or have been in contact with someone with a confirmed case of Covid-19. Nobody is saying blanket test everyone.

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 08:21 - Mar 18 with 1257 viewshampstead_blue

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 07:44 - Mar 18 by DanTheMan

The piece mentions testing staff twice.

Do we have enough tests?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 08:24 - Mar 18 with 1249 viewsDanTheMan

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 08:15 - Mar 18 by Ely_Blue

That's literally the opposite of the Government said though.

https://www.hsj.co.uk/workforce/nhs-staff-can-access-covid-19-testing-government

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 08:25 - Mar 18 with 1241 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 08:15 - Mar 18 by Ely_Blue

Brilliant! let’s protect the testing system and balls to patients.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 08:27 - Mar 18 with 1225 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 08:17 - Mar 18 by Herbivore

You test people when they have symptoms or have been in contact with someone with a confirmed case of Covid-19. Nobody is saying blanket test everyone.

He still hasn't read the article!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 08:27 - Mar 18 with 1228 viewsHerbivore

Testing staff is the answer if you don't want them to spread the virus to their colleagues and to vulnerable patients. I'm not sure what you're struggling with here.

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 08:28 - Mar 18 with 1224 viewsDanTheMan

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 08:21 - Mar 18 by hampstead_blue

The piece mentions testing staff twice.

Do we have enough tests?

Looking back through what the Chief Medical Officer says, that indeed seems to be the problem.

At yesterday’s daily coronavirus briefing, Professor Whitty indicated the testing of healthcare workers was a key priority “once we have the capacity to do this”.

So it sounds like there is a policy of them getting tested as a matter of priority but this has not materialised into a plan or any action, which is frustrating.

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 08:34 - Mar 18 with 1217 viewsWeWereZombies

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 08:28 - Mar 18 by DanTheMan

Looking back through what the Chief Medical Officer says, that indeed seems to be the problem.

At yesterday’s daily coronavirus briefing, Professor Whitty indicated the testing of healthcare workers was a key priority “once we have the capacity to do this”.

So it sounds like there is a policy of them getting tested as a matter of priority but this has not materialised into a plan or any action, which is frustrating.

Especially if that Prem Sikka tweet that Callis posted up yesterday about a United Kingdom based company having to send testing kits overseas because they could not sell them here has any provenance.

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 08:48 - Mar 18 with 1182 viewslongtimefan

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 08:34 - Mar 18 by WeWereZombies

Especially if that Prem Sikka tweet that Callis posted up yesterday about a United Kingdom based company having to send testing kits overseas because they could not sell them here has any provenance.

Although any bottleneck could just as likely be in processing of the test results?
Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 08:49 - Mar 18 with 1185 viewsGuthrum

Given hospitals and medical centres have been major transmission sites in a number of hotspots worldwide*, then testing the staff - who go from patient to patient - is a very high priority.

* Including the UK. That doctor's surgery on the South Coast may have been how C-19 entered the wider UK population. Also, I know of one British hospital where infection has spread through a ward.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 08:52 - Mar 18 with 1173 viewsGuthrum

You are infectious for several days before symptoms manifest. Or you may have no symptoms at all. Only testing is the answer for that.

The more cases you catch and isolate, the fewer transmission routes the virus has.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 09:39 - Mar 18 with 1091 viewsPinewoodblue

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 07:59 - Mar 18 by WeWereZombies

The information is not wrong but I can see that it is a little difficult to interpret. All coronavirus deaths in the United Kingdom so far have been in England so the first line shows that and the second line shows the case split across the United Kingdom.

[edit] Here's where I get the 'all coronavirus deaths have been in England' from, again a little difficult to interpret but I think that is what the second line/paragraph of the piece says:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51889957
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 8:01]

This is my go to place for latest figures. You can get a greater analysis for the main countries that are likely to be of interest.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

The deaths figure in the guardian article is wrong should be . 71 not 60

2023 year of destiny

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 09:41 - Mar 18 with 1083 viewsWeWereZombies

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 08:48 - Mar 18 by longtimefan

Although any bottleneck could just as likely be in processing of the test results?

That is a different issue that is not directly related to the supply of testing kits.

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 09:48 - Mar 18 with 1067 viewsPinewoodblue

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 09:41 - Mar 18 by WeWereZombies

That is a different issue that is not directly related to the supply of testing kits.

Might be relevant in as much as I assume the actual test has to be undertaken within a certain timescale.

2023 year of destiny

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 09:59 - Mar 18 with 1056 viewsBugs

Anybody know the scientific basis for this policy? on 08:52 - Mar 18 by Guthrum

You are infectious for several days before symptoms manifest. Or you may have no symptoms at all. Only testing is the answer for that.

The more cases you catch and isolate, the fewer transmission routes the virus has.

I really can't understand why people can't comprehend this. I'm thick as dog sh!t and can understand this.

The government repose to this has been dreadful, far too much ambiguity, not telling us what we should do, but maybe, perhaps, you shouldn't go to pubs and clubs.....but BJ will still go. WTF!

That this has fallen on Boris Johnson's is a disaster for the UK, out of all the PM's or even leaders of the opposition in the last 40 years, he is bottom of the list on who you would want to lead our country in a global crisis. He brings new meaning to the word incompetent.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 10:05]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024