Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting take on the new Govt 'stance' 10:59 - May 10 with 896 viewsuefacup81

I'm not necessarily saying she's right, but it would definitely tie in with the change of rhetoric, as well as someone leaking to the press that major changes to the lockdown were going to be made.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Interesting take on the new Govt 'stance' on 11:05 - May 10 with 852 viewsBugs

I think what JOB says is more likely, they are creating the leaks to feel out public opinion.

[Post edited 10 May 2020 11:10]
Interesting take on the new Govt 'stance' on 14:00 - May 10 with 725 viewsGuthrum

Or, as I said before, there are people in (or behind) the press who are trying to railroad the Government into the earliest possible release of the lockdown, or to manipulate the public to make it fail. This because their investment fortunes have been dented by the hit to the stock market and they want to resume making money.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Interesting take on the new Govt 'stance' on 14:03 - May 10 with 709 viewsElderGrizzly

Interesting take on the new Govt 'stance' on 11:05 - May 10 by Bugs

I think what JOB says is more likely, they are creating the leaks to feel out public opinion.

[Post edited 10 May 2020 11:10]

These leaks are nothing new on policy making. It has been going on for decades as it tests public opinion before finalising the policy
[Post edited 10 May 2020 14:04]
Interesting take on the new Govt 'stance' on 14:13 - May 10 with 684 viewsHerbivore

Interesting take on the new Govt 'stance' on 14:00 - May 10 by Guthrum

Or, as I said before, there are people in (or behind) the press who are trying to railroad the Government into the earliest possible release of the lockdown, or to manipulate the public to make it fail. This because their investment fortunes have been dented by the hit to the stock market and they want to resume making money.

Although the easing of lockdown measures was also reported by Laura Kuennsberg at the BBC and they are publicly funded so no agenda there to ease lockdown. I find it hard to conclude it was anything other than a briefing by the government to the press. It's been their MO since Johnson became PM. It helped distract from our death toll becoming the highest in Europe - few people now talking about that - and the forensic roasting Johnson took from Starmer at PMQs. It's put the idea of easing lockdown into the public consciousness to see how it flies. It is, in other words, classic Dom. Utterly reckless political game playing.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Interesting take on the new Govt 'stance' on 14:29 - May 10 with 669 viewsDarth_Koont

Interesting take on the new Govt 'stance' on 14:00 - May 10 by Guthrum

It's almost as if, when reality hits the fan, that we're having to handle the crisis with useless, untrustworthy politicians and media.

Pronouns: He/Him

Interesting take on the new Govt 'stance' on 14:50 - May 10 with 621 viewsElderGrizzly

Interesting take on the new Govt 'stance' on 14:13 - May 10 by Herbivore

Although the easing of lockdown measures was also reported by Laura Kuennsberg at the BBC and they are publicly funded so no agenda there to ease lockdown. I find it hard to conclude it was anything other than a briefing by the government to the press. It's been their MO since Johnson became PM. It helped distract from our death toll becoming the highest in Europe - few people now talking about that - and the forensic roasting Johnson took from Starmer at PMQs. It's put the idea of easing lockdown into the public consciousness to see how it flies. It is, in other words, classic Dom. Utterly reckless political game playing.

Various journalists admitted they were briefed by a “senior Number 10 source” the day before those ridiculous headlines last week about the lockdown.

They were asked to portray a certain narrative, they did, then the Govt changed their mind and tried to blame the media. Rightly, they took a poor view on it and outed them
Interesting take on the new Govt 'stance' on 18:08 - May 10 with 517 viewsBABLUE

Interesting take on the new Govt 'stance' on 14:50 - May 10 by ElderGrizzly

Various journalists admitted they were briefed by a “senior Number 10 source” the day before those ridiculous headlines last week about the lockdown.

They were asked to portray a certain narrative, they did, then the Govt changed their mind and tried to blame the media. Rightly, they took a poor view on it and outed them

Age adjusted excess deaths is easier to fiddle as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024