Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just heard that kids going back to school in September is very unlikely here 18:38 - Jun 10 with 1542 viewsIllinoisblue

Per an email from the school district. They make it sound like the conventional 5-day school week is over and from now on it will be a mix of distance learning and some in-school stuff.

Huge ramifications for those families who can’t make work from home happen.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Just heard that kids going back to school in September is very unlikely here on 18:42 - Jun 10 with 1528 viewsStokieBlue

I am surprised given how keen Trump is to open everything up.

What would be the rationale behind lots of stuff being open except for schools?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Just heard that kids going back to school in September is very unlikely here on 18:54 - Jun 10 with 1461 viewsBlueBadger

Just heard that kids going back to school in September is very unlikely here on 18:42 - Jun 10 by StokieBlue

SB

Presumably schools are publicly funded and therefore Bad For The Economy?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just heard that kids going back to school in September is very unlikely here on 22:36 - Jun 10 with 1271 viewsIllinoisblue

Just heard that kids going back to school in September is very unlikely here on 18:42 - Jun 10 by StokieBlue

SB

The district are framing it as them being helpful and proactive and giving parents a chance to make childcare arrangements ahead of time. Which is well intentioned but ultimately useless as with no actual official decision you can’t make plans.

The number of positive deaths is on a steady decline, more stuff is opening up and yet schools seem overly cautious about where we might be in three months time

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Just heard that kids going back to school in September is very unlikely here on 00:15 - Jun 11 with 1198 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just heard that kids going back to school in September is very unlikely here on 22:36 - Jun 10 by Illinoisblue

The district are framing it as them being helpful and proactive and giving parents a chance to make childcare arrangements ahead of time. Which is well intentioned but ultimately useless as with no actual official decision you can’t make plans.

The number of positive deaths is on a steady decline, more stuff is opening up and yet schools seem overly cautious about where we might be in three months time

Are you sure your optimism is well placed...the little I can see of this article suggests not.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/06/10/us-coronavirus-cases-spike-fortnight

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Just heard that kids going back to school in September is very unlikely here on 00:51 - Jun 11 with 1165 viewsvapour_trail

My wife is on the govs of our lads school. They’re still not open other than vulnerable and key workers, they’re due open week after next. They’ve had to make it all up for themselves. There is no central strategy at all. There is also, currently, no central strategy for September. Primary schools will be significantly downgraded in September.

Surprised?

I’m worried at the lack of education my boy will get. My daughter is secondary and the structure, whilst sub optimal, is ok.

At primary level, it’s pitiful, and there’s strict instruction not to teach anything new on the daily one pager maths sheet that is posted on the website. As if.

We are lucky. Mother in law is a retired teacher doing an hour a day on face time. Me and the missus are working flat out but we put in 1-2 hours a day each with him. Some of that (my bit)is kicking a football around the park.

The government have a nightmare of a challenge. I’m in regular contact with the DfE through work. From what I can tell they haven’t got a fcking scooby and they’re latching onto pr wins wherever possible regardless of content.

Johnson’s government in a snapshot.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Just heard that kids going back to school in September is very unlikely here on 06:01 - Jun 11 with 1114 viewsDubtractor

Just heard that kids going back to school in September is very unlikely here on 00:51 - Jun 11 by vapour_trail

My wife is on the govs of our lads school. They’re still not open other than vulnerable and key workers, they’re due open week after next. They’ve had to make it all up for themselves. There is no central strategy at all. There is also, currently, no central strategy for September. Primary schools will be significantly downgraded in September.

Surprised?

I’m worried at the lack of education my boy will get. My daughter is secondary and the structure, whilst sub optimal, is ok.

At primary level, it’s pitiful, and there’s strict instruction not to teach anything new on the daily one pager maths sheet that is posted on the website. As if.

We are lucky. Mother in law is a retired teacher doing an hour a day on face time. Me and the missus are working flat out but we put in 1-2 hours a day each with him. Some of that (my bit)is kicking a football around the park.

The government have a nightmare of a challenge. I’m in regular contact with the DfE through work. From what I can tell they haven’t got a fcking scooby and they’re latching onto pr wins wherever possible regardless of content.

Johnson’s government in a snapshot.

Mrs Dub is a Primary teacher and this paragraph absolutely nails it.

"They’ve had to make it all up for themselves. There is no central strategy at all. There is also, currently, no central strategy for September. Primary schools will be significantly downgraded in September."

It also nails it for my line of work too. Lots of words from government that sound good to the public, almost nil concrete guidance, let alone rules or legislation, on how to implement things.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Just heard that kids going back to school in September is very unlikely here on 07:54 - Jun 11 with 1032 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just heard that kids going back to school in September is very unlikely here on 06:01 - Jun 11 by Dubtractor

"They’ve had to make it all up for themselves. There is no central strategy at all. There is also, currently, no central strategy for September. Primary schools will be significantly downgraded in September."

It also nails it for my line of work too. Lots of words from government that sound good to the public, almost nil concrete guidance, let alone rules or legislation, on how to implement things.

....and after trashing local government nobody to implement those regulations that there are! Maybe ultimately this is their strategy to "get the economy going again!"

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Just heard that kids going back to school in September is very unlikely here on 08:05 - Jun 11 with 1010 viewsSteve_M

Just heard that kids going back to school in September is very unlikely here on 06:01 - Jun 11 by Dubtractor

The government's objective is still news management rather than solving any of the many problems that covid has caused. Unfortunately they seem unable to think more than one news cycle ahead at a time.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Just heard that kids going back to school in September is very unlikely here on 08:28 - Jun 11 with 979 viewsbluelagos

Just heard that kids going back to school in September is very unlikely here on 08:05 - Jun 11 by Steve_M

The government's objective is still news management rather than solving any of the many problems that covid has caused. Unfortunately they seem unable to think more than one news cycle ahead at a time.

Cummings appointed ministers/advisors based on their Brexit ideology rather than their competence. Was always going to be a sh1tshower of a government. Unfortunately it came at a time where competence was needed more than ever.

Minimum 20k deaths due to BJs dithering, that's some legacy.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024