Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As Trump continues to debase himself lets remember the Tory response 09:11 - Jun 10 with 1198 viewsSteve_M

An embarrassment to this country.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jun/10/donald-trump-tory-britain-

And don't suggest it was merely realpolitik Trump's narcissism doesn't allow for allies just suckers.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

As Trump continues to debase himself lets remember the Tory response on 09:15 - Jun 10 with 1165 viewsgiant_stow

excellent article - ta for sharing.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

As Trump continues to debase himself lets remember the Tory response on 09:43 - Jun 10 with 1079 viewsmrshallisfit

Yes - and those same cretinous Brexiteers in the next breath talk about taking back control - making Britain a great sovereign state again. We then sign a trade deal that is all about what is great for the USA and less so for us. Incredible.
As Trump continues to debase himself lets remember the Tory response on 09:45 - Jun 10 with 1070 viewsWeWereZombies

I found that quite a mixed article, a lot of emotive repeating of what we already know about the unpleasantness of the Trump regime which will only appeal to those who already know and dislike him. It got interesting in the consideration of Merkel's responses and also the reminder of Gove's sycophancy. The grotesque image of bright eyed and bushy tailed fan boys cuddling up to a monster reminded me of a passage from a book about The Atlantic Conferences in which an aide described the juvenile way Truman chased Stalin around looking to buddy up. And, as usual, the article failed to consider the stealthy and steady growing power of Russia; and what that might mean to the future of power relations in the Northern Hemisphere. Merkel probably has some guidance on that too.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

As Trump continues to debase himself lets remember the Tory response on 09:50 - Jun 10 with 1058 viewstractordownsouth

As Trump continues to debase himself lets remember the Tory response on 09:43 - Jun 10 by mrshallisfit

Yes - and those same cretinous Brexiteers in the next breath talk about taking back control - making Britain a great sovereign state again. We then sign a trade deal that is all about what is great for the USA and less so for us. Incredible.

The thing I never hear asked to the no deal fundementalists is what happens if we don't like the terms we have with America, or Japan? Do we walk away from them too? Chances are the terms will be worse than what they would have been with Europe, considering we'll be negotiating from a position of weakness, without any other deals in place. So, assuming we become (I think) the only country to trade purely on WTO terms, we'll be taking the rules from an institution far less democratic than the EU, and be worse off to boot.

Taking back control.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

As Trump continues to debase himself lets remember the Tory response on 09:55 - Jun 10 with 1031 viewsBlueBadger

As Trump continues to debase himself lets remember the Tory response on 09:50 - Jun 10 by tractordownsouth

The thing I never hear asked to the no deal fundementalists is what happens if we don't like the terms we have with America, or Japan? Do we walk away from them too? Chances are the terms will be worse than what they would have been with Europe, considering we'll be negotiating from a position of weakness, without any other deals in place. So, assuming we become (I think) the only country to trade purely on WTO terms, we'll be taking the rules from an institution far less democratic than the EU, and be worse off to boot.

Taking back control.

But the football IS better now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

As Trump continues to debase himself lets remember the Tory response on 10:03 - Jun 10 with 1006 viewsWeWereZombies

As Trump continues to debase himself lets remember the Tory response on 09:50 - Jun 10 by tractordownsouth

Taking back control.

It is also worth bearing in mind that post Covid-19 (if that ever happens) and post Brexit the World Trade Organisation may be wobbling a bit itself:

'There is nevertheless much criticism of the WTO. There has not been a successful comprehensive major round of trade negotiations since the Uruguay Round creating the WTO finished in 1993. As an imperfect analogy, this is a bit like criticizing the Church of England for not adding a new book to the Bible since the Church’s founding.'

'Were the WTO in the care of the National Health Service, the latter would perhaps issue a caution, to keep a watch on the WTO’s health,'

Both from https://www.wto.org/english/news_e/news20_e/ddgaw_05jun20_e.htm

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

As Trump continues to debase himself lets remember the Tory response on 10:04 - Jun 10 with 1005 viewsSteve_M

Taking back control.

There remain issues with the UK approach to the WTO:

The lack of detail to trade policy post-Brexit is reflected in the lack of detail in much of the UK response to covid-19. It's what comes of putting newspaper columnists in charge of government.

As Trump continues to debase himself lets remember the Tory response on 13:50 - Jun 10 with 892 viewsBlueNomad

As Trump continues to debase himself lets remember the Tory response on 10:04 - Jun 10 by Steve_M

There remain issues with the UK approach to the WTO:

The lack of detail to trade policy post-Brexit is reflected in the lack of detail in much of the UK response to covid-19. It's what comes of putting newspaper columnists in charge of government.

A sacked, disgraced newspaper columnist
Login to get fewer ads

As Trump continues to debase himself lets remember the Tory response on 14:27 - Jun 10 with 853 viewsSteve_M

As Trump continues to debase himself lets remember the Tory response on 13:50 - Jun 10 by BlueNomad

A sacked, disgraced newspaper columnist

Well, yes, but it was an oblique reference to Gove as well who has been spouting ballacks about the post-Brexit world again this week.

As Trump continues to debase himself lets remember the Tory response on 15:07 - Jun 10 with 825 viewsjaykay

As Trump continues to debase himself lets remember the Tory response on 09:43 - Jun 10 by mrshallisfit

i like the bit when they moaned about faceless unelected bureaucrats.
what the hell is cummings then. oh wait i got that wrong he isn't faceless

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024