Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Only season ticket holders can attend matches at Portman Road ? 14:28 - Jun 18 with 1501 viewsBLUEBEAT

I wonder whether Evans will use this as a way to bring in socially distanced crowds?

No ST, no entry!

Poll: W or W

Only season ticket holders can attend matches at Portman Road ? on 14:35 - Jun 18 with 1471 viewsPhilTWTD

I think that's quite a likely scenario at the start of the season at least. I thought it was notable what the Scunthorpe chairman was saying recently about potentially being able to get 2,000 or 2,500 in their 9,000 capacity stadium.

From what I gather, three-quarters of existing season ticket holders renewed which is broadly 8,000 and a bit with some of those probably more vulnerable and less likely to attend, so not far off a similar ratio given our capacity is just under 30,000 these days.

For that reason, I don't think they'll be offering new season tickets for sale for a while yet.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Only season ticket holders can attend matches at Portman Road ? on 14:36 - Jun 18 with 1454 viewsLankHenners

That would be the most obvious way to get some fans in stadiums across the country, though obviously there'd need to be a re-jigging of the seating plan.

For other clubs though, this isn't 'extra' revenue coming through the gate as these people have already paid for the ticket, they essentially need people buying on the gate.

Hard to see how they manage 'some' people attending given the above, as they need the extra ticket sales to generate some money, though you'd have to admit ST holders on the basis that they have a ticket pre-paid. Would take some serious working out (that's before you get to how you even manage to organise a few thousand people socially distancing whilst entering and leaving a stadium).

Can see why clubs like us would want to push for the 'some fans' option though, as if we have to wait until crowds are allowed back (and I think even 'in the new year' is very optimistic), we'll put ourselves out of kilter with the leagues above and only speed up the Premier League 2 model, with us (and the likes of Sunderland, Portsmouth etc.) on the wrong side of the fence.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Only season ticket holders can attend matches at Portman Road ? on 17:00 - Jun 18 with 1266 viewsfactual_blue

Only season ticket holders can attend matches at Portman Road ? on 14:36 - Jun 18 by LankHenners

That would be the most obvious way to get some fans in stadiums across the country, though obviously there'd need to be a re-jigging of the seating plan.

For other clubs though, this isn't 'extra' revenue coming through the gate as these people have already paid for the ticket, they essentially need people buying on the gate.

Hard to see how they manage 'some' people attending given the above, as they need the extra ticket sales to generate some money, though you'd have to admit ST holders on the basis that they have a ticket pre-paid. Would take some serious working out (that's before you get to how you even manage to organise a few thousand people socially distancing whilst entering and leaving a stadium).

Can see why clubs like us would want to push for the 'some fans' option though, as if we have to wait until crowds are allowed back (and I think even 'in the new year' is very optimistic), we'll put ourselves out of kilter with the leagues above and only speed up the Premier League 2 model, with us (and the likes of Sunderland, Portsmouth etc.) on the wrong side of the fence.

This wouldn't work for norwich, who have 2,934,986,788 season ticket holders, and a waiting list of 496,853,946,740,896.

Although they're all from the same household.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Only season ticket holders can attend matches at Portman Road ? on 08:09 - Jun 19 with 1035 viewstextbackup

Only season ticket holders can attend matches at Portman Road ? on 14:35 - Jun 18 by PhilTWTD

I think that's quite a likely scenario at the start of the season at least. I thought it was notable what the Scunthorpe chairman was saying recently about potentially being able to get 2,000 or 2,500 in their 9,000 capacity stadium.

From what I gather, three-quarters of existing season ticket holders renewed which is broadly 8,000 and a bit with some of those probably more vulnerable and less likely to attend, so not far off a similar ratio given our capacity is just under 30,000 these days.

For that reason, I don't think they'll be offering new season tickets for sale for a while yet.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I just don't believe that figure is that high, 8000.... ? not that we'll ever know the exact figure, but seems high given circumstances

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Only season ticket holders can attend matches at Portman Road ? on 08:24 - Jun 19 with 1001 viewsWarkystache

Glad I was too lazy to cancel the DD then!!!

There'll be plenty of room as well.....

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Only season ticket holders can attend matches at Portman Road ? on 10:31 - Jun 19 with 912 viewsmonty_radio

They could allow a different crowd for each half as social-distancing around our bars and loos should ensure that those who saw the first half wouldn't get back in time for the second.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Only season ticket holders can attend matches at Portman Road ? on 11:06 - Jun 19 with 864 viewsPhilTWTD

Only season ticket holders can attend matches at Portman Road ? on 08:09 - Jun 19 by textbackup

I just don't believe that figure is that high, 8000.... ? not that we'll ever know the exact figure, but seems high given circumstances

In some ways surprising but I think there is generally a willingness to help the club out in what is a recognised as a difficult situation. Regarding this year's season tickets, I think a lot of people will be willing to leave their money in the club for future season tickets - if that's an option offered and I expect it to be - rather than accept a refund.
Only season ticket holders can attend matches at Portman Road ? on 11:41 - Jun 19 with 792 viewstextbackup

Only season ticket holders can attend matches at Portman Road ? on 11:06 - Jun 19 by PhilTWTD

In some ways surprising but I think there is generally a willingness to help the club out in what is a recognised as a difficult situation. Regarding this year's season tickets, I think a lot of people will be willing to leave their money in the club for future season tickets - if that's an option offered and I expect it to be - rather than accept a refund.

mate is an arsenal ST holder and they were offered credit notes for future ST's. seems a good idea

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024