Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why couldnt we get this guy to buy town? 21:26 - Nov 18 with 1065 viewsBlueandTruesince82

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11684/12135776/new-charlton-owner-thomas
[Post edited 18 Nov 2020 22:10]

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Why couldnt we get this guy to buy town? on 21:36 - Nov 18 with 1006 viewsfooters

Are you waiting for a serious reply to this?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Why couldnt we get this guy to buy town? on 22:08 - Nov 18 with 916 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Why couldnt we get this guy to buy town? on 21:36 - Nov 18 by footers

Nope just highlighting that we cant even but a player for the price ofa second hand rage rover and Charlton are giving them away..... makes me think

Why couldnt we get this guy to buy town? on 22:11 - Nov 18 with 902 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Why couldnt we get this guy to buy town? on 21:36 - Nov 18 by footers

Would help if I posted the right link mind

Why couldnt we get this guy to buy town? on 08:12 - Nov 19 with 707 viewsCoastalblue

"It's not cheap to run a football club, even in League One. We're talking about in my case losing between £10m and £20m a season here, just to keep it afloat and hopefully we get the fans back into the stadium for next season and start having more of a break-even financial scenario."

Apart from giving away a Range Rover that was probably dishonestly bought by the previous owners he's doing pretty much what ME is?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Why couldnt we get this guy to buy town? on 09:02 - Nov 19 with 643 viewsuefacup81

Why couldnt we get this guy to buy town? on 22:08 - Nov 18 by BlueandTruesince82

Nope just highlighting that we cant even but a player for the price ofa second hand rage rover and Charlton are giving them away..... makes me think

Except for the fact that the purchase of 7 (seven) of said Range Rovers by the previous ownership has put the club in such a position that they need to raffle/auction them off in order to generate funds.

Small but crucial detail there.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Why couldnt we get this guy to buy town? on 09:13 - Nov 19 with 615 viewsMonkeyAlan

Why couldnt we get this guy to buy town? on 08:12 - Nov 19 by Coastalblue

"It's not cheap to run a football club, even in League One. We're talking about in my case losing between £10m and £20m a season here, just to keep it afloat and hopefully we get the fans back into the stadium for next season and start having more of a break-even financial scenario."

Apart from giving away a Range Rover that was probably dishonestly bought by the previous owners he's doing pretty much what ME is?

We didn't need to be in league 1 if it wasn't for the numb skulls hounding Mick out. And the fact our owner is totally incompetent at running a football club. Those two reasons are why we are where we are.
Why couldnt we get this guy to buy town? on 10:12 - Nov 19 with 581 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Why couldnt we get this guy to buy town? on 09:02 - Nov 19 by uefacup81

Except for the fact that the purchase of 7 (seven) of said Range Rovers by the previous ownership has put the club in such a position that they need to raffle/auction them off in order to generate funds.

Small but crucial detail there.

Not sure what your point is? Yes the previous owners did that. I'm not advocating that we ask them to buy the club.

I'm merely highlighting the fact that that Charlton new owner seems really engaged, they way he speaks about how the club has been run, the money that has gone out of it. The nees for a more stringent owners test etc.

And then there is Marcus... and broadly ive always defended ME foe much of what he cops but still.... just highlights the difference

Why couldnt we get this guy to buy town? on 10:33 - Nov 19 with 549 viewsTJS

We are a football club owned by someone who had no particular interest in football before he came in.
That's pretty much it in one sentence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024