Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do you think it'll take... 12:02 - Nov 25 with 468 viewsglasso

...for us to become a team with some b**locks?

I was talking about this with a friend last night and although I've not got loads of confidence in PL, I also don't think it can be a coincidence that under maybe 5 or 6 managers now, we've always been soft.

Some teams go top, grow in confidence and smash their way through the season. We seem to go top, get nervous and start a steady decline. And when we do sneak into the Playoffs... well, how many ITFC fans can REALLY say, hand on heart, that they go into them confident we'll turn up? That's got to be down to the players, surely?

I used to think it was because we were a young team, but older players come here and seem to lose their fight, too. And the younger players grow older and never seem to become ballsy.
What do you think it'll take... on 12:05 - Nov 25 with 454 viewsDyland

We aren't soft. We're just very poorly coached, trained and organised. The management team inspire so little confidence, and most people can see that. It's little wonder the players look uninterested a lot of the time.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

What do you think it'll take... on 12:06 - Nov 25 with 446 viewsusm

We had some with MickMac, for a few seasons at least, but we have been generally soft - as a club, team and fans - for a very long time. Unfortunately nice guys don't win, nor do nasty ones all the time (remember Roy Keane?).

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

What do you think it'll take... on 12:06 - Nov 25 with 437 viewsDyland

What do you think it'll take... on 12:06 - Nov 25 by usm

We had some with MickMac, for a few seasons at least, but we have been generally soft - as a club, team and fans - for a very long time. Unfortunately nice guys don't win, nor do nasty ones all the time (remember Roy Keane?).

suysfc

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

What do you think it'll take... on 12:12 - Nov 25 with 418 viewsEireannach_gorm

Team is not soft as you call it, just badly managed. Under Mick there were very few times we rolled over for opponents. The 'softness' of the team relates to being badly organised and coached.

So to answer your question, we just need a good manager.
What do you think it'll take... on 12:12 - Nov 25 with 418 viewseddiespearitt03

Evans to make some big decisions and clear out the dead wood.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 5:05]
What do you think it'll take... on 12:25 - Nov 25 with 379 viewsgordon

Think there's two things going on - one is that there's a sense in which this is partly how our poor organisation, understanding, and balance manifests itself,

And the second is the continued reliance on and selection of players like Judge, Sears, Huws, Nolan, Nsiala & Ward that are clearly either not good enough or too old to play at championship standard again or get a decent contract elsewhere - they really don't have that much motivation to get us promoted, and the manager obviously isn't particularly good at getting them going.

Its the players like Bishop, Downes, Dozzell, Woofenden, Edwards, Norwood, Lankester, KVY & Jackson who have given us our best moments at this level.
What do you think it'll take... on 12:29 - Nov 25 with 367 viewsLankHenners

"being soft" = being poorly coached and poorly motivated. That, succinctly, is the entire remit of the manager.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

What do you think it'll take... on 15:19 - Nov 25 with 302 viewsBlueBadger

It's almost as if they're being badly managed.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024