Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans’ Statement 01:06 - Dec 4 with 1015 viewsZondervanstash1

What a joke! Mr Evans (or whoever you use to read this great fans site) do you think that we are that stupid and deluded?! As a loyal supporter for almost 40 years who has spent lots of time and money on ST’s, kits every year for my kids, travelling all over the UK and abroad to watch my beloved club, sponsoring various good causes in relation to ITFC etc that is it for me! I’ve cancelled all my DD’s as have my family and many friends who are very loyal supporters and you won’t be seeing us again or taking one more penny until you sort this mess out or move on. This once proud club, one of the finest in England, has become a laughing stock and to be very candid, it is all down you, your decisions and poor investments. The Cobbolds and Sir Bobby will be turning in their graves at what we have become as a club.

Listen to the people that matter, the fans! Without the fans, there won’t be a club and you are losing so, so many! You gave PRP a ridiculous 5yr contract extension at a time the rest of us were starting to realise he wasn’t the man for the job to get us promoted or take us forward. You are a successful businessman so tell PRP that as a result of losing more games in L1 than we have won, it is time to move on! He has failed. The football is crap and predictable and as fans, we have either stopped caring or resigned ourselves to the fact we’ll just rot in the lower leagues for years with this laughable, current set up. Mr Lambert is angry, rude and clearly living in the past (do you know how many big clubs he has played for?!) He has clearly lost his head and all credibility as a manger. The way he behaved on Tuesday night was the last straw for many.

PS big respect to BlueAction for their recent banners. Needed and in my view, sharing the feelings of the majority of true, loyal ITFC fans

PPS hope you are ok Phil. How you have been treated is disgusting! We are all on your side and are grateful for the brilliant work you do
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 1:09]
Evans’ Statement on 01:20 - Dec 4 with 973 viewsTieDyedIn95

Well said, he couldn't care a toss about us little people because according to him he knows so much better than we do... look at what a great job he's done with his "expert" knowledge and insight.

He's a piece of work.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Evans’ Statement on 01:27 - Dec 4 with 959 viewsZondervanstash1

Evans’ Statement on 01:20 - Dec 4 by TieDyedIn95

Well said, he couldn't care a toss about us little people because according to him he knows so much better than we do... look at what a great job he's done with his "expert" knowledge and insight.

He's a piece of work.

Agreed. Something needs to be done and soon!We all need to unite, stand up and be counted. Evans is smug and laughing at us but we need to show him we are bigger than him, care more for the club and will always be here long after he has gone. Polls, emails etc will only do so much. As fans, we all need to pull together and sort this mess out
Evans’ Statement on 01:38 - Dec 4 with 943 viewsTieDyedIn95

Evans’ Statement on 01:27 - Dec 4 by Zondervanstash1

Agreed. Something needs to be done and soon!We all need to unite, stand up and be counted. Evans is smug and laughing at us but we need to show him we are bigger than him, care more for the club and will always be here long after he has gone. Polls, emails etc will only do so much. As fans, we all need to pull together and sort this mess out

It's easy.

Stay home, stop buying and watch the debt rack up until he can't implement his cost neutral football plan and he'll have to either change or sell.

Blaming us for Mick going when Evans chose not to spend and support the bloke is absolutely laughable. The fans wouldn't have grumbled so much if Mick wasn't having to play for points with freebies and loans every year and making do with hard workers because that's all we could afford on Evans budget! Mick did the ugly stuff to stay up with the resources he had, supporters cheer results and performances, not balance sheets.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Evans’ Statement on 01:53 - Dec 4 with 927 viewspointofblue

Evans’ Statement on 01:38 - Dec 4 by TieDyedIn95

It's easy.

Stay home, stop buying and watch the debt rack up until he can't implement his cost neutral football plan and he'll have to either change or sell.

Blaming us for Mick going when Evans chose not to spend and support the bloke is absolutely laughable. The fans wouldn't have grumbled so much if Mick wasn't having to play for points with freebies and loans every year and making do with hard workers because that's all we could afford on Evans budget! Mick did the ugly stuff to stay up with the resources he had, supporters cheer results and performances, not balance sheets.

Then why did we, the fans, turn on Mick at the time instead of Evans?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Evans’ Statement on 01:55 - Dec 4 with 927 viewsScottCandage

Evans’ Statement on 01:53 - Dec 4 by pointofblue

Then why did we, the fans, turn on Mick at the time instead of Evans?

Because at the time of his quitting, he had given us two months of the most turgid football we've ever seen, save the match at Carrot Road when he told us to FO because he was successful for the first time in months. THAT'S why.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 1:55]
Evans’ Statement on 01:57 - Dec 4 with 921 viewspointofblue

Evans’ Statement on 01:55 - Dec 4 by ScottCandage

Because at the time of his quitting, he had given us two months of the most turgid football we've ever seen, save the match at Carrot Road when he told us to FO because he was successful for the first time in months. THAT'S why.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 1:55]

Though the OP is saying if Evans bankrolled Mick he would have probably got us up. Should we have targeted him then, especially after 14/15 when we had a chance to succeed.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Evans’ Statement on 02:02 - Dec 4 with 918 viewsScottCandage

Evans’ Statement on 01:57 - Dec 4 by pointofblue

Though the OP is saying if Evans bankrolled Mick he would have probably got us up. Should we have targeted him then, especially after 14/15 when we had a chance to succeed.

Some did. I've always referred to ME as a banker who we just happened to give 87.5% ownership in the borrower. But there was still a hope that with a new manager must come SOME funds, which might have helped. Unfortunately, he chose Paul Hurst, who spent like poop.

I wanted MM out as much as anyone, but I trusted ME to make a good decision and choose someone BETTER than MM. So I guess I'M the a**hole in ME's eyes.

As Otter said in Animal House...

Evans’ Statement on 02:14 - Dec 4 with 917 viewsScottCandage

Evans’ Statement on 01:57 - Dec 4 by pointofblue

I'll even go further. It became apparent to some/many/whoever, after a few years, that under ME's financial structure, it would become impossible to succeed for anyone but the most savvy of managers. Every sale was structured (with payments stretched over a number of years, for balance sheet stability's sake) so that any manager would end up getting only a fraction of the dollar for any player he sold. PLUS, ME mandated that acquisition cost PLUS salary had to be paid for out of the amount given to the manager. Thus, players sold for 5 mil, for example, ended up being replaced by players worth about 1/10th of that, but their salaries were paid for.

Maybe we're asking too much for any manager to succeed under those circumstances, so I can understand how MM might feel hard done by. But I didn't put a pistol to MM's head to take the job. He should have been more savvy and seen through ME's sales pitch. Once he signed on the dotted line, he got us, the fans, who wanted a little entertainment and some hope for the future. Maybe that's a rock and a hard place, but MM, PH, PL, and whoever's next puts themselves in it.

Unless ME changes. And we may never be able to convince him to change. But the ONLY leverage we have is our attendance, our purchases, our sponsorships. If we do nothing, ME will do nothing, then PL or the next manager will be able to do nothing.

Somebody has to do something. And I think it's up to us.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 2:16]
Login to get fewer ads

Evans’ Statement on 17:11 - Dec 4 with 557 viewsZondervanstash1

Evans’ Statement on 02:14 - Dec 4 by ScottCandage

I'll even go further. It became apparent to some/many/whoever, after a few years, that under ME's financial structure, it would become impossible to succeed for anyone but the most savvy of managers. Every sale was structured (with payments stretched over a number of years, for balance sheet stability's sake) so that any manager would end up getting only a fraction of the dollar for any player he sold. PLUS, ME mandated that acquisition cost PLUS salary had to be paid for out of the amount given to the manager. Thus, players sold for 5 mil, for example, ended up being replaced by players worth about 1/10th of that, but their salaries were paid for.

Maybe we're asking too much for any manager to succeed under those circumstances, so I can understand how MM might feel hard done by. But I didn't put a pistol to MM's head to take the job. He should have been more savvy and seen through ME's sales pitch. Once he signed on the dotted line, he got us, the fans, who wanted a little entertainment and some hope for the future. Maybe that's a rock and a hard place, but MM, PH, PL, and whoever's next puts themselves in it.

Unless ME changes. And we may never be able to convince him to change. But the ONLY leverage we have is our attendance, our purchases, our sponsorships. If we do nothing, ME will do nothing, then PL or the next manager will be able to do nothing.

Good post and I agree with all of it.

Yes, it is now up to us fans to do something or it will never change under ME. As things stand all we can expect are more ridiculous statements at ST renewal time or when the fans start to turn or at best, a new manager who will not do any better than the previous one. It’s all too predictable and depressing. Every fan I speak to or who messages on here seems either angry, fed up, depressed or all three about the current state of our beloved club. Very sad times indeed.
Evans’ Statement on 23:42 - Dec 4 with 463 viewsChocorange

Evans’ Statement on 02:14 - Dec 4 by ScottCandage

Totally agree with this , Marcus’ comments about the playing field being levelled due to salary cap show a total lack of ambition.

Those rules kick in next season, that more than anything is why Shambolic Lambert has to go.. he has already had the chance to save us from relegation and messed it up, he had the first chance to get us back up and we finish 11th with the 2nd biggest squad and wage budget in the division.

What on earth makes anyone( Marcus) think his is going to change with the state of play we are seeing lack of goals , ridiculous divisive press conferences and banning of journalists and a similar wage budget to every other team n the division. We are far more likely to go down then up.

We need to get out up out of this division this season or the rules will have us here for a very long time .. pull your finger out Evans and sort it.. open your eyes , you have been played for a fool who hasn’t succeeded anywhere for a very long time!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024