Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smoking 15:46 - Dec 8 with 741 viewshype313

Quite strange, having grown up with smoking on the plane, train, at PR, clubs, pubs etc, to see someone smoke these days, it seems to be quite the rare thing, which is something I never thought I would see.

Still, very good nonetheless, if people are moving away from the snouts.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Smoking on 15:53 - Dec 8 with 686 viewsgainsboroughblue

I know what you mean. Total polar opposite of when I first started going in pubs and approx 80% of the people in there smoked. In fact, sometimes when you walked into somewhere, you'd barely make people out for the fog.

I've not smoked for two years now and although I have a few friends that still do, never really been tempted to start again. I find the smell appalling now so can only retrosepctively apologise to anybody who I may have offended back in the day.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Smoking on 15:59 - Dec 8 with 654 viewshype313

Smoking on 15:53 - Dec 8 by gainsboroughblue

I know what you mean. Total polar opposite of when I first started going in pubs and approx 80% of the people in there smoked. In fact, sometimes when you walked into somewhere, you'd barely make people out for the fog.

I've not smoked for two years now and although I have a few friends that still do, never really been tempted to start again. I find the smell appalling now so can only retrosepctively apologise to anybody who I may have offended back in the day.

It's mad, I used to work in pubs and restaurants and it was the norm, and it seemed the majority over the minority, glad to see the decline of it.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Smoking on 16:07 - Dec 8 with 636 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

You obviously haven't met my missus then.
Banning smoking in enclosed public spaces was a great step in getting people to quit, me included.
It therefore seems rather bizzare that the price of a packet has come down a few quid in the last few years.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024