Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ursula von der Leyen speaks 22:56 - Dec 9 with 1161 viewsunstableblue

" We had a lively & interesting discussion" this guy is eccentric buffoon

"on the state of play on outstanding issues." same issues all your experts warned you about in 2016, and we tried to explain, but you said would be easily overcome with an oven ready deal.... its now 3 weeks

"We gained a clear understanding of each other´s positions. They remain far apart." you've got some weird little englander, empire, nationalistic faction that is driving you to economic ruin, we have a single market that means we need a common platform of trade/specification/competition, you can't have your cake and eat it

"We agreed that the teams should immediately reconvene to try to resolve these essential issues. We will come to a decision by the end of the weekend." even fricking Merkel is signalling she's not up for these terms, we need to have dynamic alignment as a minimum

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU CAN'T HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAST IT BORIS... Norway gets access to the European Union... but they have to adopt 17% of EU regulations

Ursula von der Leyen - President of the European Commission (who will be vilified by the Mail, Sun Telegraph tomorrow, can't be Boris' fault)

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Oh and its all the French's fault.... (n/t) on 23:02 - Dec 9 with 1118 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Ursula von der Leyen speaks on 08:57 - Dec 10 with 917 viewsGeoffSentence

I am pro-EU and wish we had never left, but I am flummoxed by the idea that we should have to follow any regulation changes they make but not the other way round.

Mind you I haven't been following this in detail and have mainly heard the output from government gobshltes like IDS so may have misunderstood. Anyone care to explain?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ursula von der Leyen speaks on 10:32 - Dec 10 with 826 viewsHARRY10

Ursula von der Leyen speaks on 08:57 - Dec 10 by GeoffSentence

I am pro-EU and wish we had never left, but I am flummoxed by the idea that we should have to follow any regulation changes they make but not the other way round.

Mind you I haven't been following this in detail and have mainly heard the output from government gobshltes like IDS so may have misunderstood. Anyone care to explain?

Put basically, is that we want to sell into their market so our goods have to be up to the standard they agree among themselves

As the idea of brexit is so that the UK can lower it's food standards, work safety regulations etc there won't be the same concerns coming the other way is EU to UK.

All the EU is requiring for the UK to sell into the EU is that the UK abides by the very standards the UK previously agreed to.

What Johnson did was to spout a pack of lies about how they would to the EU so as to get elected, then has since tried to renege on the signed agreement

Nothing the EU are currently asking was not known BEFORE the referendum
Ursula von der Leyen speaks on 10:41 - Dec 10 with 813 viewsGeoffSentence

Ursula von der Leyen speaks on 10:32 - Dec 10 by HARRY10

Put basically, is that we want to sell into their market so our goods have to be up to the standard they agree among themselves

As the idea of brexit is so that the UK can lower it's food standards, work safety regulations etc there won't be the same concerns coming the other way is EU to UK.

All the EU is requiring for the UK to sell into the EU is that the UK abides by the very standards the UK previously agreed to.

What Johnson did was to spout a pack of lies about how they would to the EU so as to get elected, then has since tried to renege on the signed agreement

Nothing the EU are currently asking was not known BEFORE the referendum

"All the EU is requiring for the UK to sell into the EU is that the UK abides by the very standards the UK previously agreed to. "

That's not what I was hearing on R4 this morning. They were saying that the UK would have to agree to apply any changes in regulations made by the EU in future or have automatic punishments applied. I can see why that would be difficult to agree to. Didn't seem to be any reciprocal agreement either.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ursula von der Leyen speaks on 10:52 - Dec 10 with 784 viewsElderGrizzly

This released this morning. Basically an extension of 6 months around crucial areas

Ursula von der Leyen speaks on 11:00 - Dec 10 with 761 viewsHARRY10

Ursula von der Leyen speaks on 10:41 - Dec 10 by GeoffSentence

"All the EU is requiring for the UK to sell into the EU is that the UK abides by the very standards the UK previously agreed to. "

That's not what I was hearing on R4 this morning. They were saying that the UK would have to agree to apply any changes in regulations made by the EU in future or have automatic punishments applied. I can see why that would be difficult to agree to. Didn't seem to be any reciprocal agreement either.

If you are an ST holder at PR you agree to the rules/regulations of the club. You can hardly say that you won't now agree because a certain regulation has now changed.

If the UK wants to trade with the EU on agreed standards then if they change and the UK doesn't want to change then it is not in agreement.

I would have thought that was rather obvious
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024