Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pretty underwhelmed 22:57 - Dec 15 with 639 viewsSomethingBlue

Good to win and earned it because of two bad teams we were the one trying to, but otherwise very disappointing. Enjoyed our approach in the first 10 and it did seem that we'd been instructed to play higher and faster. But it didn't really take much to have us reverting to type and, while Burton didn't threaten at all bar the goal and the late miss, the five minutes before their equaliser were a warning sign for what would come. Pleased for Huws, whose performance did gradually improve but still looks way off, but apart from the very good Bennetts we looked so laboured and it's difficult to see how these players pick it up to match Posh.

I came up for the game, wanted to get a feel for things, but sat in Block J out near the NS it was hard to tell what if anything the vibes towards Lambert were. A few boos after their goal and at HT but generally supportive. People want and need us to do well. It's just very hard to see how that happens at the moment.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 22:57]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Pretty underwhelmed on 22:58 - Dec 15 with 610 viewsBlueBadger

We'd probably look AND do better pretty quickly if we sacked That Man.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Pretty underwhelmed on 23:15 - Dec 15 with 529 viewsbluefunk

But it’s not really that hard to see how we might improve is it? KVY back at right back gives us more threat in the right, as well as more options at CB, Edwards back in the front 3 gives us more pace and goal threat, Downes back in means we have someone putting their foot in in midfield, Bishop playing would give us a player who goes last people in the final third, and Norwood fit adds more energy, goal threat and general belligerence ( see also Downes for that).

While I’m no Lambert fan, the above players represent half the first choice line up. Whether we like it or not, Evans isn’t going to sack him given the current league place and the fact that most of those players are likely to be back within a month or so.
Pretty underwhelmed on 23:19 - Dec 15 with 517 viewsSomethingBlue

Pretty underwhelmed on 23:15 - Dec 15 by bluefunk

But it’s not really that hard to see how we might improve is it? KVY back at right back gives us more threat in the right, as well as more options at CB, Edwards back in the front 3 gives us more pace and goal threat, Downes back in means we have someone putting their foot in in midfield, Bishop playing would give us a player who goes last people in the final third, and Norwood fit adds more energy, goal threat and general belligerence ( see also Downes for that).

While I’m no Lambert fan, the above players represent half the first choice line up. Whether we like it or not, Evans isn’t going to sack him given the current league place and the fact that most of those players are likely to be back within a month or so.

We will definitely look better if we can get those guys back and fit — no question. I'm just not sure we should bank on it happening given recent evidence, to be honest, and currently each win is taking a massive effort.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Pretty underwhelmed on 23:21 - Dec 15 with 508 viewsJakeITFC

I was there in the Churchmans and I think people were really supportive and enthused by our start, but we really are a team that batter the enthusiasm out of you as the minutes tick on. Definitely a few grumblings but overall most just seemed happy to take the three points and get out of there.
Pretty underwhelmed on 23:30 - Dec 15 with 473 viewsbluefunk

Pretty underwhelmed on 23:19 - Dec 15 by SomethingBlue

We will definitely look better if we can get those guys back and fit — no question. I'm just not sure we should bank on it happening given recent evidence, to be honest, and currently each win is taking a massive effort.

I am an incurable optimist, so I like to think that nit even Lambert can screw it up again, given a fully fit squad, (aware that fully fit is unlikely btw)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024