Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Racist idiots and social media part 672 15:48 - Dec 30 with 978 viewsSteve_M

Scum.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/30/qpr-condemn-abhorrent-online-ab

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Racist idiots and social media part 672 on 15:54 - Dec 30 with 923 viewsfooters

Good on Norwich as well. And this time I mean that.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Racist idiots and social media part 672 on 19:53 - Dec 30 with 737 viewsMattinLondon

Racist idiots and social media part 672 on 15:54 - Dec 30 by footers

Good on Norwich as well. And this time I mean that.

A while ago Richard Bacon made a documentary regarding the abuse he had [and was still] received from trolls - as I remember some of it was horrific. During the course of its making a couple of the more proactive trolls rose to the top

Anyway, he paid an agency to investigate the trolls and within a couple of days they had located who they were, where they were sending the abuse from and lots more information about them. He confronted them and obviously they ran away.

But, if an agency can do that why can’t the FA do something similar?

My ignorance of IT may well make this sound like too easy an option to do. But surly, such trolls can be tracked down.
Racist idiots and social media part 672 on 20:42 - Dec 30 with 687 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Racist idiots and social media part 672 on 19:53 - Dec 30 by MattinLondon

A while ago Richard Bacon made a documentary regarding the abuse he had [and was still] received from trolls - as I remember some of it was horrific. During the course of its making a couple of the more proactive trolls rose to the top

Anyway, he paid an agency to investigate the trolls and within a couple of days they had located who they were, where they were sending the abuse from and lots more information about them. He confronted them and obviously they ran away.

But, if an agency can do that why can’t the FA do something similar?

My ignorance of IT may well make this sound like too easy an option to do. But surly, such trolls can be tracked down.

Don't call me Surly!

That is a very good question, though. These people need to be prevented from hiding behind a keyboard.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024