Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good covid news: new UK vacines factory opening this year* 18:17 - Jan 16 with 1097 viewsgiant_stow

which can produce 70m doses in a few months. Not limited to any vacine type, so flexible and nice to have post covid too.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/01/16/britain-will-able-vaccinate-nation-a

*sorry, to be a tease - it opens some point this year, not really soon
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 18:31]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Good covid news: new UK vacines factory opening soon on 18:20 - Jan 16 with 1075 viewsm14_blue

Does it say how soon?

I’ve been boring everyone about this sort of thing for ages, whatever it costs, just think a bit creatively and get supply up. I have no idea of the technical difficulties tbf, and I’m sure it’s unbelievably complex, but so glad we seem to be stepping things up.

£158m sounds like a lot but set against getting the economy moving it’s a drop in the ocean.
Good covid news: new UK vacines factory opening soon on 18:25 - Jan 16 with 1033 viewsgiant_stow

Good covid news: new UK vacines factory opening soon on 18:20 - Jan 16 by m14_blue

Does it say how soon?

I’ve been boring everyone about this sort of thing for ages, whatever it costs, just think a bit creatively and get supply up. I have no idea of the technical difficulties tbf, and I’m sure it’s unbelievably complex, but so glad we seem to be stepping things up.

£158m sounds like a lot but set against getting the economy moving it’s a drop in the ocean.

Actually it doesn't. Just says "Late this year" so maybe not that soon! Agreed though, its good to see action now and something to help in the future.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Good covid news: new UK vacines factory opening soon on 18:29 - Jan 16 with 1009 viewsm14_blue

Good covid news: new UK vacines factory opening soon on 18:25 - Jan 16 by giant_stow

Actually it doesn't. Just says "Late this year" so maybe not that soon! Agreed though, its good to see action now and something to help in the future.

Ah, never mind, it was nice whilst it lasted!

Still a good idea and bound to be useful in the future with repeat vaccinations likely to be necessary, to say nothing of any future pandemics.
Good covid news: new UK vacines factory opening soon on 18:30 - Jan 16 with 993 viewsgiant_stow

Good covid news: new UK vacines factory opening soon on 18:29 - Jan 16 by m14_blue

Ah, never mind, it was nice whilst it lasted!

Still a good idea and bound to be useful in the future with repeat vaccinations likely to be necessary, to say nothing of any future pandemics.

yeah, I'll change the header to not be so teasy.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 18:32]

Good covid news: new UK vacines factory opening soon on 18:34 - Jan 16 with 964 viewsPinewoodblue

Good covid news: new UK vacines factory opening soon on 18:25 - Jan 16 by giant_stow

Wasn't this all agreed back in 2018? Guess Govt are putting more money in to speed things up.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Good covid news: new UK vacines factory opening soon on 18:37 - Jan 16 with 933 viewsgiant_stow

Good covid news: new UK vacines factory opening soon on 18:34 - Jan 16 by Pinewoodblue

Wasn't this all agreed back in 2018? Guess Govt are putting more money in to speed things up.

Yeah apparently the govt put in another £100m ish to speed it up by a year

Good covid news: new UK vacines factory opening this year* on 20:50 - Jan 16 with 778 viewsBasuco

They probably gave the contract to Carillion.
Good covid news: new UK vacines factory opening soon on 20:56 - Jan 16 with 761 viewsChurchman

Good covid news: new UK vacines factory opening soon on 18:20 - Jan 16 by m14_blue

Does it say how soon?

£158m doesn’t sound too much at all if you compare to say developing a new IT system. Given the likelihood of the need to vaccinate annually, like for flu, and the lack of capacity to produce vaccines here, I think it’s vital. It’s just the sort of investment the country needs and has done for decades.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024