Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Breaking news for the TWTD comics geek and goth massive 17:27 - Jan 28 with 507 viewsBlueBadger

First castings for the Netflix adaptations of Neil Gaimain's Sandman announced.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/netflixs-sandman-cast-revealed-tom-s

Most exciting casting so far: Gwendoline Christie as Lucifer.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Breaking news for the TWTD comics geek and goth massive on 17:36 - Jan 28 with 470 viewsStokieBlue

Not specifically on subject but did you see this?

https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/26/21402585/amazon-cancels-tv-adaptation-culture

Disappointing, seeing the Culture on screen with modern special effects would be amazing.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Breaking news for the TWTD comics geek and goth massive on 17:38 - Jan 28 with 464 viewsBlueBadger

Breaking news for the TWTD comics geek and goth massive on 17:36 - Jan 28 by StokieBlue

Not specifically on subject but did you see this?

https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/26/21402585/amazon-cancels-tv-adaptation-culture

Disappointing, seeing the Culture on screen with modern special effects would be amazing.

SB

I'm kind of relived to be honest. The Culture is something in which for me, the special effects in my head couldn't live up to what they do on the screen.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Breaking news for the TWTD comics geek and goth massive on 17:40 - Jan 28 with 456 viewsStokieBlue

Breaking news for the TWTD comics geek and goth massive on 17:38 - Jan 28 by BlueBadger

I'm kind of relived to be honest. The Culture is something in which for me, the special effects in my head couldn't live up to what they do on the screen.

In some ways that's very fair. I thought perhaps we had gotten good enough to do it nowadays but perhaps not.

Really wanted to see an adaptation of The Player of Games but it's debatable that they could do it justice.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Breaking news for the TWTD comics geek and goth massive on 17:45 - Jan 28 with 448 viewsBlueBadger

Breaking news for the TWTD comics geek and goth massive on 17:40 - Jan 28 by StokieBlue

In some ways that's very fair. I thought perhaps we had gotten good enough to do it nowadays but perhaps not.

Really wanted to see an adaptation of The Player of Games but it's debatable that they could do it justice.

SB

Smaller stories like the short stories from 'The State of the Art' might work, but even 'early' works such as Consider Phlebas or 'smaller' stories like 'The Player of Games' are absurdly ambitious in terms of what you'd have to bring to the screen on a TV budget, albeit a generous one that Amazon would be offering.

And speaking of Amazon sci-fi, have you been watching 'The Expanse'. Series five has been exceptional so far and I haven't even gotten up to the MASSIVE event that defines the mid-to-late series of the books yet.

Breaking news for the TWTD comics geek and goth massive on 17:52 - Jan 28 with 442 viewsfactual_blue

I'm waiting for a call back on a leading role. Fingers crossed.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Breaking news for the TWTD comics geek and goth massive on 17:57 - Jan 28 with 443 viewsBlueBadger

Breaking news for the TWTD comics geek and goth massive on 17:52 - Jan 28 by factual_blue

I'm waiting for a call back on a leading role. Fingers crossed.

Presumably, you're up for the role of Hob Gadling, born in the 14th century and still alive in the 21st?

https://sandman.fandom.com/wiki/Hob_Gadling

[Post edited 28 Jan 2021 17:57]

Breaking news for the TWTD comics geek and goth massive on 18:06 - Jan 28 with 434 viewsipswich78

Neil Gaimain isn't somebody I could tell you much about, however I appear to quite like much of his work which has been made into TV Series. Pity they didn't cast Tom Ellis as Lucifer :-)

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Breaking news for the TWTD comics geek and goth massive on 18:06 - Jan 28 with 431 viewsBlueBadger

Breaking news for the TWTD comics geek and goth massive on 18:06 - Jan 28 by ipswich78

Neil Gaimain isn't somebody I could tell you much about, however I appear to quite like much of his work which has been made into TV Series. Pity they didn't cast Tom Ellis as Lucifer :-)

Canonically, having Tom Ellis as Lucifer would be 100% accurate, as the original comic was a Sandman spinoff.

Login to get fewer ads

Breaking news for the TWTD comics geek and goth massive on 18:07 - Jan 28 with 427 viewsfactual_blue

Breaking news for the TWTD comics geek and goth massive on 17:57 - Jan 28 by BlueBadger

Presumably, you're up for the role of Hob Gadling, born in the 14th century and still alive in the 21st?

https://sandman.fandom.com/wiki/Hob_Gadling

[Post edited 28 Jan 2021 17:57]

Yes, but they're concerned I'm too good looking.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Breaking news for the TWTD comics geek and goth massive on 18:09 - Jan 28 with 427 viewsBlueBadger

And whilst we're on the subject of Gaiman.

Breaking news for the TWTD comics geek and goth massive on 18:21 - Jan 28 with 413 viewsipswich78

Breaking news for the TWTD comics geek and goth massive on 18:06 - Jan 28 by BlueBadger

Canonically, having Tom Ellis as Lucifer would be 100% accurate, as the original comic was a Sandman spinoff.

Interesting, I had no idea that was the case! How close is Tom Watts version of Lucifer to the comic version?

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Breaking news for the TWTD comics geek and goth massive on 18:24 - Jan 28 with 410 viewsBlueBadger

Breaking news for the TWTD comics geek and goth massive on 18:21 - Jan 28 by ipswich78

Interesting, I had no idea that was the case! How close is Tom Watts version of Lucifer to the comic version?

In all fairness, other than the whole 'owns a nightclub, cut his wings off and plays piano' bit, not very.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024