Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is good about Brenner and Watson is they do report what's... 18:23 - Feb 6 with 1102 viewsunstableblue

.... happened on the pitch and the performance, rather than the prejudice they must have towards Lambert (given his terrible media persona).

From Watson:

"Enjoyed that. Emphatic win. No exaggeration to say could easily have been 5 or 6.
Parrott and Matheson impressed on debuts. Energy all over pitch. So much more joined up. Judge superb as the No.10. A threat from set-pieces."

Fair reflection of game, and position:

"#itfc leapfrog Crewe into 10th. Still 4pts off POs, but gap to top 2 shrinks to 9pts after Hull's shock loss at Burton. At least one game in hand on 7 of teams above.
Face 4th place P'boro on Tues nt (if London Rd pitch stands up to Beast from East 2)."

Marcus really needs to sit Lambert down and get him to sort his media persona out.

Do you think thinks he has done a good in progressing the club from when he started, had worked hard with fans, and feels hard done by with recent protests, media vibe? surely not.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

What is good about Brenner and Watson is they do report what's... on 18:24 - Feb 6 with 1067 viewsHerbivore

Lambert's media persona is the least of his and our problems.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What is good about Brenner and Watson is they do report what's... on 18:25 - Feb 6 with 1048 viewsBlueBadger

What is good about Brenner and Watson is they do report what's... on 18:24 - Feb 6 by Herbivore

Alternative view - Lambert's early media persona is why we're in the mess we're in now. Too many looked at the fine talk and free beers and ignored the poor performances and even worse results.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 18:25]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

EADT are having a Lambert and Town performance love in!!! on 18:32 - Feb 6 with 958 viewsunstableblue

Painting Lambert interview in positive light:
https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/lambert-on-2-0-win-v-blackpool-7309640

And Andy Warren:

“Every player seemed comfortable with some promising signs. The most encouraging thing, for me, is they can all go up a gear as well”

“I enjoyed that. Much more energy and a few more ideas from #itfc
Comfortable win which could have been even more comfortable”

What is good about Brenner and Watson is they do report what's... on 18:37 - Feb 6 with 921 viewsunstableblue

What is good about Brenner and Watson is they do report what's... on 18:24 - Feb 6 by Herbivore

Don’t disagree... but I do wonder if he wasn’t a tw@t in front of camera whether more fans would still be with him.

I would say though Herbivore it was a very encouraging display today - I know you didn’t watch - a lot of what I think Lambert wants to do and play like, actually came good, a lot in part to full backs.

But you’ll be pleased to hear it will fall apart Tuesday night against stronger opposition, and the Downes deeper, judge and Dozzell higher could have been done ages ago.

Matheson and Parrot are a joy to watch, proper players.

What is good about Brenner and Watson is they do report what's... on 18:41 - Feb 6 with 870 viewsHerbivore

What is good about Brenner and Watson is they do report what's... on 18:37 - Feb 6 by unstableblue

Don’t disagree... but I do wonder if he wasn’t a tw@t in front of camera whether more fans would still be with him.

I would say though Herbivore it was a very encouraging display today - I know you didn’t watch - a lot of what I think Lambert wants to do and play like, actually came good, a lot in part to full backs.

But you’ll be pleased to hear it will fall apart Tuesday night against stronger opposition, and the Downes deeper, judge and Dozzell higher could have been done ages ago.

You give Lambert so much slack, it's very odd. People want him gone because he's been here for over 2 years and in that time he's overseen a rock bottom finish in the Championship, an 11th place finish in League 1 (only Bolton have done worse after coming down in recent years), and we currently sit 10th in the third tier. He could be bloody lovely to Watson and Brenner, but it wouldn't change that he's utterly hopeless as a manager.

Remember, we managed a couple of random good wins over Burton and Accrington at home last year in the midst of otherwise bottom half form. Let's not start overstating the significance of beating a poor Blackpool side.

What is good about Brenner and Watson is they do report what's... on 18:42 - Feb 6 with 846 viewsBlueBadger

What is good about Brenner and Watson is they do report what's... on 18:41 - Feb 6 by Herbivore

You give Lambert so much slack, it's very odd. People want him gone because he's been here for over 2 years and in that time he's overseen a rock bottom finish in the Championship, an 11th place finish in League 1 (only Bolton have done worse after coming down in recent years), and we currently sit 10th in the third tier. He could be bloody lovely to Watson and Brenner, but it wouldn't change that he's utterly hopeless as a manager.

Remember, we managed a couple of random good wins over Burton and Accrington at home last year in the midst of otherwise bottom half form. Let's not start overstating the significance of beating a poor Blackpool side.

We're probably two half-decent performances away from Lambert being 'better at playing technically' than Mick, I reckon.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What is good about Brenner and Watson is they do report what's... on 18:59 - Feb 6 with 732 viewsunstableblue

What is good about Brenner and Watson is they do report what's... on 18:41 - Feb 6 by Herbivore

You don't actually read my posts do you? you just have a pre-judgement on everything.

Let me repeat:

"But you’ll be pleased to hear it will fall apart Tuesday night against stronger opposition, and the Downes deeper, judge and Dozzell higher could have been done ages ago."

Or other 'not cutting slack' classics from today such as:

- "Its probably just me but I am looking forward to the game, and will be paying for iPlayer. Is it to marvel at the circus like spectacle of our club management?"

- "We are so toothless, and devoid of ideas in the final third, that its ultimately frustrating. And that lack of shape, tactics is down to the manager! who doesn't even turn up to press conferences to explain himself."

What is good about Brenner and Watson is they do report what's... on 19:01 - Feb 6 with 715 viewsunstableblue

What is good about Brenner and Watson is they do report what's... on 18:25 - Feb 6 by BlueBadger

Alternative view - Lambert's early media persona is why we're in the mess we're in now. Too many looked at the fine talk and free beers and ignored the poor performances and even worse results.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 18:25]

Yes I think you have a point... the celebration linked hands after wins seems so ridiculous now

Login to get fewer ads

What is good about Brenner and Watson is they do report what's... on 19:03 - Feb 6 with 681 viewssolemio

What is good about Brenner and Watson is they do report what's... on 18:37 - Feb 6 by unstableblue

I assume you're related to the prophet Ezekiel.
What is good about Brenner and Watson is they do report what's... on 19:09 - Feb 6 with 636 viewsFixed_It

What is good about Brenner and Watson is they do report what's... on 18:59 - Feb 6 by unstableblue

You don't actually read my posts do you? you just have a pre-judgement on everything.

Let me repeat:

"But you’ll be pleased to hear it will fall apart Tuesday night against stronger opposition, and the Downes deeper, judge and Dozzell higher could have been done ages ago."

- "Its probably just me but I am looking forward to the game, and will be paying for iPlayer. Is it to marvel at the circus like spectacle of our club management?"

- "We are so toothless, and devoid of ideas in the final third, that its ultimately frustrating. And that lack of shape, tactics is down to the manager! who doesn't even turn up to press conferences to explain himself."

Clearly a happy clapping inner!!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

What is good about Brenner and Watson is they do report what's... on 19:10 - Feb 6 with 631 viewsHerbivore

What is good about Brenner and Watson is they do report what's... on 18:59 - Feb 6 by unstableblue

Let me repeat:

But your criticism of him is often tempered with a view that he's trying to do the right things and it's just not quite coming off. It runs through your posts about him. The idea we would be more forgiving if he wasn't a knob as well, it just criminally overlooks how awful we've been as a team throughout his time here.

I get wanting to hold on to some hope, but Lambert is comfortably in our worst two managers in history and it has nothing to do with him being a bit prickly with local journalists. He's just hopeless.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024