Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Age of the squad 20:11 - Mar 7 with 744 viewschrismakin

I think its time the club begins to change its 50% target of home grown players and concentrate on recruiting players good enough for a solid higher league outfit.

That's not to say we shouldn't be developing players. But you want 1 or 2 players coming in annually good enough to be playing first team football. Not relying on 5/6 of them week in week out.

I agree you need to develop players and only way to do that is to play games.. but we are relying to much on youth to get us out of the mess we are in as a club.

For example prime football age is 27/28. I can see Cook aiming for players in this range plus the likes of chambers etc and then using players from the youth system who really shine

What do you think. Keep doing what we doing or agree we need a much more experienced side week in week out.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Age of the squad on 20:20 - Mar 7 with 698 viewsjayessess

We've already got 7 players over 30 and another 8 over 27. Both figures are very high already. Peterborough have 2 players over 30 and everyone else is under 26.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2021 20:20]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Age of the squad on 20:22 - Mar 7 with 682 viewsITFC_96

We are relying too much on other club's youth, not our own youth..
Age of the squad on 20:39 - Mar 7 with 658 viewschrismakin

Age of the squad on 20:20 - Mar 7 by jayessess

We've already got 7 players over 30 and another 8 over 27. Both figures are very high already. Peterborough have 2 players over 30 and everyone else is under 26.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2021 20:20]

I guess for me its the quality in certain areas is quite reliant on youth system.. downes. Bishop. Etc

Never realised tbf that our squad overall was that old. That's incredible really as it always looks like we are the most inexperienced team out there

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Age of the squad on 08:29 - Mar 8 with 468 viewsjayessess

Age of the squad on 20:39 - Mar 7 by chrismakin

I guess for me its the quality in certain areas is quite reliant on youth system.. downes. Bishop. Etc

Never realised tbf that our squad overall was that old. That's incredible really as it always looks like we are the most inexperienced team out there

Bishop's one of the few players we've got in that mid-20s age bracket which is really crucial. You want players in that mid-20s bracket because they've got a bit of experience but also lots of valuable years ahead of them, either selling them or in the first team.

One of many reasons why we should be extending Bishop's contract ASAP.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024