Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can Cook tweak the attack effectively to get the 3 points we should secure? 10:52 - Mar 12 with 647 viewsunstableblue

Cook just hasn't had the extended training period to get new patterns of play and tactics into the team. Quite rightly he's pointing to post Pompey to get that free week. So at the moment its tweaks and minimal change to personnel.

There was enough from the game against the excellent Lincoln to be mildly optimistic (well at least it wasn't the cl@sterfeck of Gillingham). But our lack of threat, of overloads around the box,or willing runners.. its glaring. I wonder if we'll see Matheson and Jackson coming in to get some forward momentum and pace wide. Edwards and Lankester were relatively ineffective.

Plymouth have lost 3 on the bounce, and we should win, BUT do we have the firepower?

Plymouth are no mugs (cue 'tin pot league'), but last three games:

Plymouth 0 Wigan 2
59% 16 shots

Doncaster 2 - Plymouth 1
58% 21 shots

Northampton 2 - Plymouth 0
67% and paltry 7 shots

They had beaten Lincoln before, albeit they were on a poor run.

Lets hope we can stay solid, get on the ball, despite an opposition that likes to dominate posession, and flood the final third when needed. Critical game - aren't they always - but Cook needs to notch a win.

COYFB

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Can Cook tweak the attack effectively to get the 3 points we should secure? on 10:58 - Mar 12 with 616 viewsChurchman

The team at present doesn’t make many chances and when it does rarely takes them. With the personnel he’s got, I don’t think there’s much he can do before the summer, is there?

It’ll be interesting
Can Cook tweak the attack effectively to get the 3 points we should secure? on 11:11 - Mar 12 with 558 viewsDarth_Koont

Too early to tell for sure. But there was at least a sense of us playing further up the pitch as a team. I certainly don’t think I’ve seen our FBs push up as high and beyond the ball so much in recent times.

I’m looking forward to seeing more though. Always fascinating to see how a team might be developed from a group of players that was going nowhere except backwards under the previous manager.

Pronouns: He/Him

Can Cook tweak the attack effectively to get the 3 points we should secure? on 11:21 - Mar 12 with 532 viewsTheGentlemanViking

I can't see Cook wanting to make too many changes, but, I think he'll have seen enough to realise that there is a big disconnect between our defence and attack. I'd love to see Matheson come in, he's looked sharp when he's played and his energy on the right would certainly offer us an attacking edge that Chambers doesn't. I can see Chambers moving across to CB with Toto missing out.

If available, a 3 of Jackson, Judge and Edwards behind Norwood sounds pretty exciting, provided they get decent service. I'm pretty optimistic for this game, we've certainly got a team capable of winning comfortably, hopefully Cook will have instilled some confidence in them this week and we can start climbing the table!
Can Cook tweak the attack effectively to get the 3 points we should secure? on 11:24 - Mar 12 with 519 viewsunstableblue

Can Cook tweak the attack effectively to get the 3 points we should secure? on 10:58 - Mar 12 by Churchman

The team at present doesn’t make many chances and when it does rarely takes them. With the personnel he’s got, I don’t think there’s much he can do before the summer, is there?

It’ll be interesting

It'll be big feather in Cook's cap if he can tweak for Sat, Tues, Sat to increase our threat... but does he have the personnel?

Matheson and Kenlock did show attacking intent (we probably had our best forward momentum when they played against Blackpool)
Parrot was looking dynamic and has come close, but has he gone off the boil?
Edwards looking out of sorts, woeful crossing
Lankester has lost his swagger
Norwood - our best chance of goals but service to him is woeful, and when he is holding up or going wide, there is little in the box for him to feed
Dobra - doesn't seem to be on Cook's radar
Judge - can score
Harrop - hasn't yet delivered, despite clearly having talent
Drinan - i think there is something there, don't think anyone else does?! but not scoring
Sears - past it?
Bishop - with judge,norwood and norwood surely starting forward players
bennets - can beat the man, but little decent service

I'd keep Downes and Dozzell.. and put bishop, judge, norwood and ANOTHER in front them... is that Jackson?

But the below stats SCREAM out the problem (11 shots as highest!):

Ipswich 1 - Lincoln 1
59% 3 shots, 2 on target

Gillingham 3 -1 Ipswich 1
55%, 8 shots, 1 on target

Accrington 1 - Ipswich 2
56% 11, 6

Ipswich 2 - 1 Doncaster
26%, 10, 5

Hull 0 -1 Ipswich
51%, 8, 2

Ipswich 0 - Oxford 0
40%, 11, 2

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024