Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ExpressionEngine vs CraftCMS 10:23 - Mar 17 with 553 viewsgiant_stow

Any web bods have an opinion on which system is best? Can see the cost differences, but worried about getting stukc relying on expensive EE support. Is one clearly better than the other to use and build a site with? Ta.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

ExpressionEngine vs CraftCMS on 10:30 - Mar 17 with 539 viewsStokieBlue

Is this for work you are selling?

Surely there is an open source CMS out there that can do the job?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

ExpressionEngine vs CraftCMS on 10:39 - Mar 17 with 514 viewsfactual_blue

Surely this technical stuff is all sorcery to you norfukkers?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

ExpressionEngine vs CraftCMS on 10:40 - Mar 17 with 514 viewsgiant_stow

ExpressionEngine vs CraftCMS on 10:30 - Mar 17 by StokieBlue

Is this for work you are selling?

Surely there is an open source CMS out there that can do the job?

SB

I have a punter who has a very old EE driven site, so I'm building a new one. Was all set to use the latest ee, but his previous developer has called EE out and said everyone uses Craft now.

Personally, i'd just go fro Wordpress, but the punter likes EE (and now craft) and has left the choice of those two to me - eek!

EE is now open source, but they appear to want to make their money on $99 per month support packages, while draft costs $300 but basic supportis included. From googling, it appears that the developer community all went to Craft when it launched, so not much free backing available.

I hate dilemmas!!!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

ExpressionEngine vs CraftCMS on 10:40 - Mar 17 with 509 viewsgiant_stow

ExpressionEngine vs CraftCMS on 10:39 - Mar 17 by factual_blue

Surely this technical stuff is all sorcery to you norfukkers?

yes it bludy is!!! I'm not a natural, but here I am, so I have to get on with it.

ExpressionEngine vs CraftCMS on 11:35 - Mar 17 with 489 viewstownblue

From the little I know, it seems a lot of the old expression engine Devs are now doing craft too. I've seen a very old version of expression engine and it's fine but not great. We don't pay for support direct but basically go to a consultant for everything. No experience with craft I'm afraid.

Not sure why anyone would do this rather than have a WordPress site.
ExpressionEngine vs CraftCMS on 11:49 - Mar 17 with 482 viewsgiant_stow

ExpressionEngine vs CraftCMS on 11:35 - Mar 17 by townblue

From the little I know, it seems a lot of the old expression engine Devs are now doing craft too. I've seen a very old version of expression engine and it's fine but not great. We don't pay for support direct but basically go to a consultant for everything. No experience with craft I'm afraid.

Not sure why anyone would do this rather than have a WordPress site.

"Not sure why anyone would do this rather than have a WordPress site. " I agree, but the punter likes what he knows.

Cheers for your thoughts mr.

ExpressionEngine vs CraftCMS on 11:49 - Mar 17 with 480 viewsStokieBlue

ExpressionEngine vs CraftCMS on 11:49 - Mar 17 by giant_stow

"Not sure why anyone would do this rather than have a WordPress site. " I agree, but the punter likes what he knows.

Cheers for your thoughts mr.

Still worth having the conversation to try and direct him towards Wordpress?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

ExpressionEngine vs CraftCMS on 11:54 - Mar 17 with 476 viewsgiant_stow

ExpressionEngine vs CraftCMS on 11:49 - Mar 17 by StokieBlue

Still worth having the conversation to try and direct him towards Wordpress?

SB

Think you might have a point. Cheers mr.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024