Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bishop - Changes 21:43 - Mar 21 with 1109 viewschrismakin

Is Bish saying that before Cook came in, we started training and playing the way cook wants us to play, like it was already underway?

"“The game has changed a little bit but the more we work on the training ground, the more we’ll get better.

“It’s just maybe a little bit more discipline, whereas when you play with a three in midfield you’ve more licence to get forward and join the attack, whereas if you’re playing with two sitters then you do have to be more disciplined, just that really.”

He added: “The last few games before the new gaffer came in was similar, it was more disciplined and was me and [Andre] Dozzell sitting in front of the back four screening and protecting and I think that did work really well, so we just need to try and find a balance now.”

“Like I said, we’re still learning what we’re going to get from each other and what we want from each other. We’ll find out more in the next few weeks.”"

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Bishop - Changes on 21:54 - Mar 21 with 1049 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Bishop - Changes on 21:58 - Mar 21 with 1008 viewschrismakin

Bishop - Changes on 21:54 - Mar 21 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Don't forget though, the wins weren't exactly comfortable and against opposition in dire form at the time. Which is why yesterday really annoyed me.

It just seems very coincidental timing to change style to something that your impending new manager will be using going forwards.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Bishop - Changes on 22:58 - Mar 21 with 853 viewsGuthrum

Bishop - Changes on 21:58 - Mar 21 by chrismakin

Don't forget though, the wins weren't exactly comfortable and against opposition in dire form at the time. Which is why yesterday really annoyed me.

It just seems very coincidental timing to change style to something that your impending new manager will be using going forwards.

Unless that was simply an obvious change to make in order to improve performances. One which Cook, having arrived and looked at the squad, is in agreement with.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Bishop - Changes on 01:51 - Mar 22 with 726 viewspointofblue

Bishop - Changes on 21:58 - Mar 21 by chrismakin

Oxford and Hull were fine. The wheels started to come off after Doncaster scored and were not reattached at Accrington - we got lucky there.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024