Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we have an unrequited love song thread for 09:10 - Mar 26 with 657 viewsKeno

Brett Johnson and his Amercian friends?

I miss them already

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Should we have an unrequited love song thread for on 09:13 - Mar 26 with 636 viewsLord_Lucan

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Should we have an unrequited love song thread for on 09:14 - Mar 26 with 618 viewsKeno

Should we have an unrequited love song thread for on 09:13 - Mar 26 by Lord_Lucan

Nicely played Lucan

and I I love a bit of Elkie

Should we have an unrequited love song thread for on 09:15 - Mar 26 with 613 viewsPendejo

Should we have an unrequited love song thread for on 09:14 - Mar 26 by Keno

Nicely played Lucan

Err... Which bit?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Should we have an unrequited love song thread for on 09:15 - Mar 26 with 609 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Should we have an unrequited love song thread for on 09:16 - Mar 26 with 600 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Should we have an unrequited love song thread for on 09:17 - Mar 26 with 592 viewsPendejo

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Should we have an unrequited love song thread for on 09:23 - Mar 26 with 582 viewsKeno

Should we have an unrequited love song thread for on 09:15 - Mar 26 by Pendejo

Err... Which bit?

Her voice, obviously
[Post edited 26 Mar 2021 9:24]

Should we have an unrequited love song thread for on 09:26 - Mar 26 with 568 viewsLord_Lucan

Should we have an unrequited love song thread for on 09:14 - Mar 26 by Keno

Nicely played Lucan

Yes, so do I, brilliant artist.

I just goggled her to see what she was up to now. It's quite strange really, from time to time I do this with artists and footballers and the like to see what they are up to now and loads of them have had disasters after their success. Alan Hudson is a prime example.

Elkie - In the early to mid-1970s, Brooks was married to guitarist Pete Gage. On 1 March 1978, she married her sound engineer, Trevor Jordan. They are still married, live in Devon and have two sons, Jermaine (born 22 December 1979) and Joseph (born 31 December 1986).[24] Between 1981 and 2002 they lived in a mansion in a secluded area of North Devon. However, in 1998, after her accountant informed her that he had not been paying her taxes, Brooks found herself in severe debt and was reduced to living in a mobile home.

Hudson - Since his retirement, Hudson has suffered a series of personal setbacks. He had problems with alcoholism and was also declared bankrupt. In December 1997, Hudson suffered multiple injuries when run over by a car while walking along a London street. He spent two months in a coma and the doctors treating him were concerned as to whether he would walk again. He has since undergone more than 70 surgical operations. He remains disabled, using crutches to walk and says "Every day now is a chore".[5] He separated from his wife and moved back to live with his mother, but was eventually requested by the council to leave her council property when she died in 2003. He subsequently resided briefly in a hostel for the homeless. [6] He unsuccessfully invested £150,000 of his injury compensation in a property in Cyprus, and lived with his son until 2012 when he moved out because of his son's mental illness and the following year he moved back into a hostel.[6]

......................................In December 2012 Hudson said that he believed that his accident was actually a deliberate attempt on his life by aliens from space.[7]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Login to get fewer ads

Should we have an unrequited love song thread for on 09:31 - Mar 26 with 546 viewsbluelagos

Bit of a Lagos tradition, in the pub the night before heading home, this would get sung by all to someone leaving on a jetplane...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Should we have an unrequited love song thread for on 09:35 - Mar 26 with 535 viewsGuthrum

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Should we have an unrequited love song thread for on 09:36 - Mar 26 with 533 viewsKeno

Should we have an unrequited love song thread for on 09:26 - Mar 26 by Lord_Lucan

Yes, so do I, brilliant artist.

I just goggled her to see what she was up to now. It's quite strange really, from time to time I do this with artists and footballers and the like to see what they are up to now and loads of them have had disasters after their success. Alan Hudson is a prime example.

Elkie - In the early to mid-1970s, Brooks was married to guitarist Pete Gage. On 1 March 1978, she married her sound engineer, Trevor Jordan. They are still married, live in Devon and have two sons, Jermaine (born 22 December 1979) and Joseph (born 31 December 1986).[24] Between 1981 and 2002 they lived in a mansion in a secluded area of North Devon. However, in 1998, after her accountant informed her that he had not been paying her taxes, Brooks found herself in severe debt and was reduced to living in a mobile home.

Hudson - Since his retirement, Hudson has suffered a series of personal setbacks. He had problems with alcoholism and was also declared bankrupt. In December 1997, Hudson suffered multiple injuries when run over by a car while walking along a London street. He spent two months in a coma and the doctors treating him were concerned as to whether he would walk again. He has since undergone more than 70 surgical operations. He remains disabled, using crutches to walk and says "Every day now is a chore".[5] He separated from his wife and moved back to live with his mother, but was eventually requested by the council to leave her council property when she died in 2003. He subsequently resided briefly in a hostel for the homeless. [6] He unsuccessfully invested £150,000 of his injury compensation in a property in Cyprus, and lived with his son until 2012 when he moved out because of his son's mental illness and the following year he moved back into a hostel.[6]

......................................In December 2012 Hudson said that he believed that his accident was actually a deliberate attempt on his life by aliens from space.[7]

Blimey, I wasn't aware of either story and both are shocking in different ways.

I thought Elkie had been touring a bit again in recent years

Should we have an unrequited love song thread for on 09:36 - Mar 26 with 533 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Damn....I have a sh1t song stuck in my head again...over and over!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Should we have an unrequited love song thread for on 09:39 - Mar 26 with 527 viewsLord_Lucan

Should we have an unrequited love song thread for on 09:36 - Mar 26 by Keno

Blimey, I wasn't aware of either story and both are shocking in different ways.

I thought Elkie had been touring a bit again in recent years

I think she has to!

She eventually sold her property and sorted herself out but I guess she has a modest life.

What a bummer!

Should we have an unrequited love song thread for on 09:41 - Mar 26 with 521 viewsKeno

Should we have an unrequited love song thread for on 09:39 - Mar 26 by Lord_Lucan

I think she has to!

She eventually sold her property and sorted herself out but I guess she has a modest life.

What a bummer!

saw her live at the Brighton Centre must have been early '80's

was a good evening amazing stage presence

Should we have an unrequited love song thread for on 09:48 - Mar 26 with 516 viewsLord_Lucan

Should we have an unrequited love song thread for on 09:41 - Mar 26 by Keno

saw her live at the Brighton Centre must have been early '80's

was a good evening amazing stage presence

I guess her financial woes stem from the fact that her songs were covers.

So many successful artists and band members are potless whilst the writers are rolling in it.

Should we have an unrequited love song thread for on 09:55 - Mar 26 with 512 viewsKeno

Should we have an unrequited love song thread for on 09:48 - Mar 26 by Lord_Lucan

I guess her financial woes stem from the fact that her songs were covers.

So many successful artists and band members are potless whilst the writers are rolling in it.

yes, Have you seen the BBC programme about Eric Burdon?

he makes that point very pointedly with regards too Alan Price!!

Should we have an unrequited love song thread for on 10:00 - Mar 26 with 509 viewsLord_Lucan

Should we have an unrequited love song thread for on 09:55 - Mar 26 by Keno

yes, Have you seen the BBC programme about Eric Burdon?

he makes that point very pointedly with regards too Alan Price!!

No but I was thinking about it quite a bit recently after reading Dave Hills book. Although often thought of as the face of Slade he has never been a wealthy man whereas Noddy must have multi millions for Merry Christmas Everybody alone.

Should we have an unrequited love song thread for on 10:22 - Mar 26 with 501 viewsKeno

Should we have an unrequited love song thread for on 10:00 - Mar 26 by Lord_Lucan

No but I was thinking about it quite a bit recently after reading Dave Hills book. Although often thought of as the face of Slade he has never been a wealthy man whereas Noddy must have multi millions for Merry Christmas Everybody alone.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000frfc/eric-burdon-rock-n-roll-animal

about 25 mins in

The whole thing is worth a watch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024