Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For the sake of this board 08:00 - May 14 with 666 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The quicker we hear about new signings the better, especially the first couple of signings.
If its a real statement of intent, completely away from Hurst's dismantling, then everything will settle down, If they are underwhelming, the board will be in meltdown all summer.

After that, we'll be looking for convincing performances in August.

Let's be honest though, no matter what happens, we'll still need a bit of luck, all summer and all season long, and we'll have to get behind the team, and importantly Cook. We can't be Aston Villa fans of ten years ago, we have a role to play in driving the team up the table.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

For the sake of this board on 08:05 - May 14 with 643 viewswkj

Oh no... for the sake of this board - the longer it takes the better.

The sooner we sign people, the sooner we will have the experts argue over how good or how useless they think the player is - and it will last all summer and well into the season.

Trust me, the summer of Hurst was horrific, even before the fruits of his incompetence were realised.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

For the sake of this board on 08:07 - May 14 with 633 viewsgordon

To be fair, it's been really difficult over the last few years to keep up with the agreed position on when it's ok to think we should bin the manager off and when it's ok to think we should bin the whole team off.
For the sake of this board on 08:11 - May 14 with 598 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just ignore the football threads...it's the only sensible option!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

For the sake of this board on 08:29 - May 14 with 539 viewsBlueandTruesince82

For the sake of this board on 08:05 - May 14 by wkj

Oh no... for the sake of this board - the longer it takes the better.

The sooner we sign people, the sooner we will have the experts argue over how good or how useless they think the player is - and it will last all summer and well into the season.

Trust me, the summer of Hurst was horrific, even before the fruits of his incompetence were realised.

Messi incoming def info

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

For the sake of this board on 08:32 - May 14 with 532 viewsBLUEBEAT

Can already sense mass panic and stress based around the release of majority of squad and lack of incoming, embellished by a couple of early rejections from preferred targets.

Poll: W or W

For the sake of this board on 08:36 - May 14 with 519 viewsCheltenham_Blue

For the sake of this board on 08:32 - May 14 by BLUEBEAT

Can already sense mass panic and stress based around the release of majority of squad and lack of incoming, embellished by a couple of early rejections from preferred targets.

I'm not convinced Rhodes was a preferred target. I must have missed the other.

I think this will be part of the problem. If we really are intending to recruit at a Championship level, we are inevitably going to miss out on a lot of targets to Championship clubs.

Hence why I suspect that the players who have been told they will be able to leave, will only leave as and when new players come in.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

For the sake of this board on 09:09 - May 14 with 421 viewsWD19

I just dream of us scoring a goal at Barnet in pre-season....

It will happen one day........
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024