Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Listened to Brett Johnson on the #Uprising podcast… 10:15 - Jun 23 with 1281 viewsgalacticoblue

he said the transaction cost for buying ITFC was considerably less than the media reported £40m.
Anyone know if the cost of buying Ipswich will ever be known? I.e through annual accounts?

By the way, decent podcast, Brett still sounding very serious about Ipswich, but Phoenix will be his ‘first love’.
Listened to Brett Johnson on the #Uprising podcast… on 10:20 - Jun 23 with 1210 viewshype313

Not surprising, Phoenix was essentially a start up whereas we are an investment in the hope that it will pay dividends in the long term.

Not sure he's even set foot in Ipswich yet.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Listened to Brett Johnson on the #Uprising podcast… on 10:36 - Jun 23 with 1078 viewsParsley

Could this be because a portion of the reported cost was paying off debts so the cost of the actual purchase was less if you don't take this into account?
Listened to Brett Johnson on the #Uprising podcast… on 10:37 - Jun 23 with 1048 viewsFPL_Tractor

Listened to Brett Johnson on the #Uprising podcast… on 10:20 - Jun 23 by hype313

Not surprising, Phoenix was essentially a start up whereas we are an investment in the hope that it will pay dividends in the long term.

Not sure he's even set foot in Ipswich yet.

He hasn't, but to be fair international travel isn't exactly easy right now.

Has said in podcasts etc he's (in fact all three of them are) hoping to make it over for around the start of the season. I guess a lot will depend on quarantine but it would be great to see them for a home game in August.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Listened to Brett Johnson on the #Uprising podcast… on 10:39 - Jun 23 with 1034 viewshype313

Listened to Brett Johnson on the #Uprising podcast… on 10:37 - Jun 23 by FPL_Tractor

He hasn't, but to be fair international travel isn't exactly easy right now.

Has said in podcasts etc he's (in fact all three of them are) hoping to make it over for around the start of the season. I guess a lot will depend on quarantine but it would be great to see them for a home game in August.

It's not easy, but I know a number of people who have travelled from the UK to the States on business over the past few months.

Just to add, that's not a dig at the new owners btw!
[Post edited 23 Jun 2021 10:39]

Listened to Brett Johnson on the #Uprising podcast… on 10:46 - Jun 23 with 941 viewsFPL_Tractor

Listened to Brett Johnson on the #Uprising podcast… on 10:39 - Jun 23 by hype313

It's not easy, but I know a number of people who have travelled from the UK to the States on business over the past few months.

Just to add, that's not a dig at the new owners btw!
[Post edited 23 Jun 2021 10:39]

I think their view is broadly let Ashton and O'Leary get on with it. I'm sure big decisions are at least run by the them but they don't need to be here much even post-pandemic.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Listened to Brett Johnson on the #Uprising podcast… on 10:48 - Jun 23 with 914 viewshype313

Listened to Brett Johnson on the #Uprising podcast… on 10:46 - Jun 23 by FPL_Tractor

I think their view is broadly let Ashton and O'Leary get on with it. I'm sure big decisions are at least run by the them but they don't need to be here much even post-pandemic.

Indeed, they have entrusted those two to run things, I'm sure come the curtain raiser they will be over for a game.

Listened to Brett Johnson on the #Uprising podcast… on 11:26 - Jun 23 with 736 viewsChurchman

Listened to Brett Johnson on the #Uprising podcast… on 10:46 - Jun 23 by FPL_Tractor

A few highlights: It was interesting that they wanted Cook and Ashton (and O’Leary presumably) to go over to America, but recognise they’re just too busy. As you say, they are letting Ashton and Cook get on with it.

The cost of buying the club was less than £40m but as we know, the costs of running a football club (and in our case recovering the broken bits) are considerable.

Johnson is keen on players going over to America and visa versa when opportunity allows.

He is clearly happy with the high level structure of Ashton and Cook.

They saw an Ipswich game (or two) and were deeply unimpressed. No surprise there!
Listened to Brett Johnson on the #Uprising podcast… on 12:45 - Jun 23 with 548 viewsGuthrum

That's the point of Ashton and O'Leary, the bit that was missing in the Evans era. Having someone with executive authority on the ground full time, with oversight in place where necessary. Means ITFC is not having to vie with decisionmakers' other interests/work for attention.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024