Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've got a cold 10:03 - Jun 23 with 2596 viewsnoggin

Negative covid test but sneezing a lot. Got some very concerned looks while out shopping, even though I was wearing a mask. I wonder if this fear of infection is going to be the norm now, as it has been in Asia for a long time.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

I've got a cold on 10:06 - Jun 23 with 2574 viewsGavTWTD

Same, I've got a cold too at the moment. I doubt a basic mask would stop a sneeze? I can see me continue to wear a mask in certain situations and wonder what reactions that will bring.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

I've got a cold on 10:09 - Jun 23 with 2546 viewsFtnfwest

I've got a cold on 10:06 - Jun 23 by GavTWTD

Same, I've got a cold too at the moment. I doubt a basic mask would stop a sneeze? I can see me continue to wear a mask in certain situations and wonder what reactions that will bring.

I thought the whole 2 metre and mask strategy was originally designed for exactly that, ie. to stop sneezes and coughs, as that’s the only scenario when the virus is ‘airborne’?
I've got a cold on 10:10 - Jun 23 with 2536 viewsSteve_M

A basic mask will reduce the spread of any particles so it will be better than sneezing without one. Not great afterwards mind.

I've had the same issue with hayfever this year and last, at least sneezing is now generally seen as not being a symptom of covid now.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I've got a cold on 10:17 - Jun 23 with 2501 viewsStokieBlue

I've got a cold on 10:10 - Jun 23 by Steve_M

A basic mask will reduce the spread of any particles so it will be better than sneezing without one. Not great afterwards mind.

I've had the same issue with hayfever this year and last, at least sneezing is now generally seen as not being a symptom of covid now.

My hayfever has been appalling this year :(.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

I've got a cold on 10:17 - Jun 23 with 2496 viewsnoggin

The positive, if there is one, is that as soon as I have sneezed now I change my mask and wash/disinfect my hands. I remember, growing up, we were taught to sneeze in to our hands which seems unbelievable now.

I've got a cold on 10:23 - Jun 23 with 2468 viewsSteve_M

I've got a cold on 10:17 - Jun 23 by noggin

The positive, if there is one, is that as soon as I have sneezed now I change my mask and wash/disinfect my hands. I remember, growing up, we were taught to sneeze in to our hands which seems unbelievable now.

Well I guess sneezing into one's hand is still better than sneezing over everyone in the vicinity. I did follow that by washing my hands anyway.

I was amazed last Spring by the number of people who suddenly realised they should wash their hands after coming off the tube. Yep, that would definitely be a good idea.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I've got a cold on 10:23 - Jun 23 with 2463 viewsGuthrum

A cold, or simply hayfever? Both mine and some others sufferers i know have been quite bad the last week or so.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I've got a cold on 10:28 - Jun 23 with 2432 viewsnoggin

I've got a cold on 10:23 - Jun 23 by Guthrum

A cold, or simply hayfever? Both mine and some others sufferers i know have been quite bad the last week or so.

I've never had hayfever and the colour of stuff coming out suggests it's a cold.

Login to get fewer ads

I've got a cold on 10:30 - Jun 23 with 2413 viewsCotty

I've got a cold on 10:09 - Jun 23 by Ftnfwest

I thought the whole 2 metre and mask strategy was originally designed for exactly that, ie. to stop sneezes and coughs, as that’s the only scenario when the virus is ‘airborne’?

That’s what they thought at the beginning as they assumed similar transmission to flu. But strong evidence now that it’s mostly aerosol transmission, ie just from breathing in and out. Which is why mixing with people indoors is not a great idea.
I've got a cold on 10:30 - Jun 23 with 2410 viewsGavTWTD

Might not be a symptom of covid but a good way of spreading it.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

I've got a cold on 10:34 - Jun 23 with 2386 viewsgalacticoblue

Sneezing thick globules of infected bacteria directly into a mask attached to ones face is utterly gross.

Bring back hanky’s!
I've got a cold on 10:49 - Jun 23 with 2340 viewsNthQldITFC

I've got a cold on 10:17 - Jun 23 by noggin

It may be a somewhat sensitive area, and I know this is not necessarily what you are saying, but going through a lot of 'disposable' masks is something we all need to seriously think about from a pollution perspective.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/jun/08/more-masks-than-jellyfish-co

Personally I have been using the same three masks, two of which are disposable, for months. Then again I tend not to venture into heavily populated areas too often out of preference!

If one sneezes into a mask, does it not come back and slap you in the face?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

I've got a cold on 10:54 - Jun 23 with 2321 viewsnoggin

I've got a cold on 10:49 - Jun 23 by NthQldITFC

It may be a somewhat sensitive area, and I know this is not necessarily what you are saying, but going through a lot of 'disposable' masks is something we all need to seriously think about from a pollution perspective.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/jun/08/more-masks-than-jellyfish-co

Personally I have been using the same three masks, two of which are disposable, for months. Then again I tend not to venture into heavily populated areas too often out of preference!

"If one sneezes into a mask, does it not come back and slap you in the face?"

Yes, it's not pleasant.
Thankfully all the supermarkets here have a sink, soap and paper towels for customer use.

I've got a cold on 10:56 - Jun 23 with 2305 viewsbracknell_blue

Yeah, I have a cold too, not too bad, one of them summer colds. Plus hay fever. Take my handkerchief out to blow my nose when out and the good citizens of Bury St Edmunds give me a wide berth.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

I've got a cold on 11:00 - Jun 23 with 2275 viewsElderGrizzly

Last month I had a cough for about 2 weeks. No other symptoms, 4 negative tests.

But yes, I was not a popular person while out because any cough appears to be met with the idea you have Covid
I've got a cold on 11:05 - Jun 23 with 2251 viewsnoggin

I've got a cold on 10:49 - Jun 23 by NthQldITFC

We really do need education regarding the use of masks. As you say, the effect of these billions of disposable masks is surely going to have a massive negative effect on the environment. I have always been told that single use means single use so I don't know what the answer is.

I've got a cold on 11:16 - Jun 23 with 2223 viewsPinewoodblue

Over a year ago had to ask GP if they could change my prescription as ramparil, prescribed for high blood pressure, left me an irritable dry cough. It was beginning to make others irritable.

Main reason was going on cruise from Miami and didn’t want fellow passengers to fear I had Covid. Cruise didn’t happen.

Stopped coughing within two weeks.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I've got a cold on 11:41 - Jun 23 with 2188 viewsGuthrum

I've got a cold on 10:28 - Jun 23 by noggin

I've never had hayfever and the colour of stuff coming out suggests it's a cold.

I'd never had hayfever in my younger years, then suddenly developed it some time around my late 30s/early 40s.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I've got a cold on 12:02 - Jun 23 with 2153 viewsRyorry

I've got a cold on 11:41 - Jun 23 by Guthrum

I'd never had hayfever in my younger years, then suddenly developed it some time around my late 30s/early 40s.

60s! And find tree pollen far worse than grass - Jan-May are the worst months for me. Cancelled hospital clinic appt. (a follow-up for something else) for March last year as I thought others in the waiting area wouldn't be happy with me coughing & sneezing away.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I've got a cold on 12:38 - Jun 23 with 2098 viewshoppy

I've got a cold on 10:23 - Jun 23 by Guthrum

That’s what I’ve had the last few days, a flare up of a bit of hay fever.

The tingly nose itchy thing has been a nuisance. I think all that warm weather followed by a few rainy days triggered it.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I've got a cold on 12:44 - Jun 23 with 2090 viewsfooters

Having a smoker's cough has been great for freeing up space on the Tube. Same as drinking a beer on there - guaranteed two-seat radius so I can put me feet up :)

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I've got a cold on 12:47 - Jun 23 with 2085 viewsfooters

Edit. Double post. Bloody newfangled internet.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2021 12:51]

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024