Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Benjamin Monk not guilty of murdering Dalian Atkinson 11:54 - Jun 23 with 856 viewsnoggin

Guilty of manslaughter.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Benjamin Monk not guilty of murdering Dalian Atkinson on 11:57 - Jun 23 with 838 viewsElderGrizzly

Sadly, murder was always too far of a reach for this case
Benjamin Monk not guilty of murdering Dalian Atkinson on 11:59 - Jun 23 with 824 viewsSwansea_Blue

Benjamin Monk not guilty of murdering Dalian Atkinson on 11:57 - Jun 23 by ElderGrizzly

And rightly so if there was no evidence of it being premeditated. Even utter a-holes deserve a fair trial. Still, I'm sure he'll be well 'looked after' in prison!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Benjamin Monk not guilty of murdering Dalian Atkinson on 12:00 - Jun 23 with 808 viewsnoggin

Benjamin Monk not guilty of murdering Dalian Atkinson on 11:57 - Jun 23 by ElderGrizzly

Sad indeed. I'm pretty sure he knew that tasering someone for over 30 seconds was likely to kill them.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Benjamin Monk not guilty of murdering Dalian Atkinson on 12:52 - Jun 23 with 696 viewsGuthrum

Benjamin Monk not guilty of murdering Dalian Atkinson on 12:00 - Jun 23 by noggin

Sad indeed. I'm pretty sure he knew that tasering someone for over 30 seconds was likely to kill them.

Altho unless it can be proven that he went into the action with the intention of killing or serious harm, then that becomes negligence rather than malice and therefore manslaughter rather than murder.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Benjamin Monk not guilty of murdering Dalian Atkinson on 13:11 - Jun 23 with 670 viewsOldsmoker

Benjamin Monk not guilty of murdering Dalian Atkinson on 12:00 - Jun 23 by noggin

This case has bothered me.
I am rather biased because it's Dalian and it was a horrible end to his life.
I was amazed at the fierce shot he had when I first saw it and I would rather remember him for that and not for this.

It seems that the wrong policeman attended this domestic disturbance.
The most suitable police officers to send to incidents like this aren't always available and sometimes those that do attend are ill-prepared for the turn of events that unfold. I think his actions show he was the wrong copper at the wrong place at the wrong time.
When someone is charged with a serious crime like murder but gets convicted on the lesser charge of manslaughter then the judge takes it into account and might look to give a longer sentence anyway.
The fact that he lied to his superiors initially will count against him.
His defence in court was to tell a different story to what actually happened but it appears the jury weren't convinced.
I doubt if he'll keep his job as a policeman.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Benjamin Monk not guilty of murdering Dalian Atkinson on 13:14 - Jun 23 with 650 viewsjaykay

Benjamin Monk not guilty of murdering Dalian Atkinson on 13:11 - Jun 23 by Oldsmoker

I was amazed at the fierce shot he had when I first saw it and I would rather remember him for that and not for this.

The most suitable police officers to send to incidents like this aren't always available and sometimes those that do attend are ill-prepared for the turn of events that unfold. I think his actions show he was the wrong copper at the wrong place at the wrong time.
When someone is charged with a serious crime like murder but gets convicted on the lesser charge of manslaughter then the judge takes it into account and might look to give a longer sentence anyway.
His defence in court was to tell a different story to what actually happened but it appears the jury weren't convinced.

your last sentence, do you think he will not do time ?

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Benjamin Monk not guilty of murdering Dalian Atkinson on 13:19 - Jun 23 with 638 viewsOldsmoker

Benjamin Monk not guilty of murdering Dalian Atkinson on 13:14 - Jun 23 by jaykay

your last sentence, do you think he will not do time ?

Sorry - a bit tongue in cheek.
Travesties of justice do happen though.
60 hours of community service and a black mark on his record would be a travesty.
I expect he will do jail time, and if he watched the recent BBC drama "Time" he's probably sh*tting himself.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Benjamin Monk not guilty of murdering Dalian Atkinson on 15:55 - Jun 23 with 532 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Benjamin Monk not guilty of murdering Dalian Atkinson on 13:11 - Jun 23 by Oldsmoker

Well written Oldsmoker. My sentiments indeed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024