Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That institutional corruption recently highlighted in the Met Police 19:29 - Jul 14 with 407 viewsbluelagos

Partly due to their inability to recognise when they've messed up and instead they look to deflect the blame away from their mistakes...

Wonder how that's going, given we were told it was "historical"?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

That institutional corruption recently highlighted in the Met Police on 19:35 - Jul 14 with 381 viewshomer_123

Sadiq Khan was on R4 this morning explaining that both the Gov and the Met Police need to acknowledge and accept issues and be humble enough to accept when things go wrong.

If I'm not mistaken he...along with the Home Sec are responsible to extending (or not) Cressida Dicks time at the Met.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

That institutional corruption recently highlighted in the Met Police on 19:36 - Jul 14 with 381 viewstextbackup

i'll be honest, IMO, Wembley should have supplied better train stewards and sorted access/security better.

the MET had the rest of London to also deal with. the entire place was like a war zone

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

That institutional corruption recently highlighted in the Met Police on 19:38 - Jul 14 with 366 viewshomer_123

That institutional corruption recently highlighted in the Met Police on 19:36 - Jul 14 by textbackup

i'll be honest, IMO, Wembley should have supplied better train stewards and sorted access/security better.

the MET had the rest of London to also deal with. the entire place was like a war zone

Which rather begs the question....should the pice be having to deal with a war zone?

That institutional corruption recently highlighted in the Met Police on 19:39 - Jul 14 with 364 viewstextbackup

That institutional corruption recently highlighted in the Met Police on 19:38 - Jul 14 by homer_123

Which rather begs the question....should the pice be having to deal with a war zone?

the army need to take the blame really

That institutional corruption recently highlighted in the Met Police on 19:40 - Jul 14 with 359 viewshomer_123

That institutional corruption recently highlighted in the Met Police on 19:39 - Jul 14 by textbackup

the army need to take the blame really

Not quite what I was thinking.

That institutional corruption recently highlighted in the Met Police on 19:41 - Jul 14 with 363 viewsfooters

Was saying earlier, and this may all just be a coincidence and me being a bit tinfoil hat wearer, but today I've witnessed two street arrests, dozens more bobbies on the beat and an increase in police presence generally, mainly in vans.

Is it some overcompensation for Sunday and a cynical attempt to show their effectiveness?

Not sure I've seen much like it in the local area for quite some time.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2021 19:41]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

That institutional corruption recently highlighted in the Met Police on 19:42 - Jul 14 with 349 viewshomer_123

That institutional corruption recently highlighted in the Met Police on 19:41 - Jul 14 by footers

Was saying earlier, and this may all just be a coincidence and me being a bit tinfoil hat wearer, but today I've witnessed two street arrests, dozens more bobbies on the beat and an increase in police presence generally, mainly in vans.

Is it some overcompensation for Sunday and a cynical attempt to show their effectiveness?

Not sure I've seen much like it in the local area for quite some time.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2021 19:41]

In London?

That institutional corruption recently highlighted in the Met Police on 19:42 - Jul 14 with 349 viewstextbackup

That institutional corruption recently highlighted in the Met Police on 19:40 - Jul 14 by homer_123

Not quite what I was thinking.

I know...

Login to get fewer ads

That institutional corruption recently highlighted in the Met Police on 19:43 - Jul 14 with 346 viewshomer_123

That institutional corruption recently highlighted in the Met Police on 19:42 - Jul 14 by textbackup

I know...

I know you know....

That institutional corruption recently highlighted in the Met Police on 19:44 - Jul 14 with 343 viewsbluelagos

That institutional corruption recently highlighted in the Met Police on 19:36 - Jul 14 by textbackup

Ultimately the picture you and others have painted is that control was lost long before people got to the stadium. The whole of WW seems to have been close to lawless.

Why anyone would think that wasn't a failure of policing (planning rather than the guys on the ground) am struggling to understand tbh.

That institutional corruption recently highlighted in the Met Police on 19:46 - Jul 14 with 333 viewsfooters

That institutional corruption recently highlighted in the Met Police on 19:42 - Jul 14 by homer_123

In London?

Yep. So just got me thinking that this may be a Met statement of some kind.

I walked about five minutes to the shop and saw two blokes getting arrested in different situations. Plenty of vans going around too from what I've seen. But then again I do live just off a main road so maybe just coincidence and I need to put the jazz Woodbines away...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

That institutional corruption recently highlighted in the Met Police on 19:48 - Jul 14 with 329 viewsbluelagos

That institutional corruption recently highlighted in the Met Police on 19:35 - Jul 14 by homer_123

Sadiq Khan was on R4 this morning explaining that both the Gov and the Met Police need to acknowledge and accept issues and be humble enough to accept when things go wrong.

If I'm not mistaken he...along with the Home Sec are responsible to extending (or not) Cressida Dicks time at the Met.

I read he recommends and P.Patel ultimately decides. In reality if the commisioner lost the faith of either, their position would be pretty untenable.

Ordinarily anyway.

That institutional corruption recently highlighted in the Met Police on 19:53 - Jul 14 with 315 viewshomer_123

That institutional corruption recently highlighted in the Met Police on 19:46 - Jul 14 by footers

Yep. So just got me thinking that this may be a Met statement of some kind.

I walked about five minutes to the shop and saw two blokes getting arrested in different situations. Plenty of vans going around too from what I've seen. But then again I do live just off a main road so maybe just coincidence and I need to put the jazz Woodbines away...

Could be or could be that because of the woodbines....you were looking over your shoulder?

That institutional corruption recently highlighted in the Met Police on 20:00 - Jul 14 with 303 viewstextbackup

That institutional corruption recently highlighted in the Met Police on 19:44 - Jul 14 by bluelagos

Ultimately the picture you and others have painted is that control was lost long before people got to the stadium. The whole of WW seems to have been close to lawless.

Why anyone would think that wasn't a failure of policing (planning rather than the guys on the ground) am struggling to understand tbh.

yeah that's a good point actually

That institutional corruption recently highlighted in the Met Police on 20:06 - Jul 14 with 290 viewsEastTownBlue

If that is not a failure, I don't know what is.

Meanwhile in other Met news today, the awards continue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024