Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone watching The 100? 20:45 - Jul 22 with 1299 viewsOriginalMarkyP

What do we think?

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Anyone watching The 100? on 20:53 - Jul 22 with 1278 viewsReuser_is_God

Wasn’t keen on it at all before it started but quite enjoyed what I’ve seen so far.

Also just read that the women’s game last night was the most viewed women’s match in the UK so that’s a big positive just from the 1st game.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Anyone watching The 100? on 21:13 - Jul 22 with 1233 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone watching The 100? on 20:53 - Jul 22 by Reuser_is_God

Wasn’t keen on it at all before it started but quite enjoyed what I’ve seen so far.

Also just read that the women’s game last night was the most viewed women’s match in the UK so that’s a big positive just from the 1st game.

Women can play cricket?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Anyone watching The 100? on 21:20 - Jul 22 with 1196 viewsMerseyBlue

It was a good watch, not sure it's different enough from T20 to justify existence but enjoyable nonetheless.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Anyone watching The 100? on 21:23 - Jul 22 with 1179 viewsFtnfwest

Anyone watching The 100? on 21:13 - Jul 22 by Lord_Lucan

Women can play cricket?

Yes but not allowed in the pavilion surely?
Anyone watching The 100? on 10:23 - Jul 23 with 865 viewsnasblue

I’m isolating so watched both games. I’m a hardcore county fan but enjoyed it much more than I thought i would. Main thing is great to see the stands full of a variety of people all obviously enjoying it.

It’s a shame the overseas stars aren’t really there but I think it will still be a success.
Anyone watching The 100? on 11:24 - Jul 23 with 819 viewsSteve_M

Anyone watching The 100? on 20:53 - Jul 22 by Reuser_is_God

The cricket was always going to be largely decent, too many good players and, as with T20, a format where a lot happens. Jonathan Liew is very good on this today I think:

"And really, the intriguing part of all this was not how fresh and new it all felt, but how familiar.....for anyone with even the merest grounding in the sport (ie not the target market), none of this would have been remotely disquieting."

His last line I agree with too.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/jul/22/cricket-the-hundred-oval-invincibl

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone watching The 100? on 11:30 - Jul 23 with 804 viewsiamipswich

I was there and it was really enjoyable. The atmosphere was better than t20s I've been to but this will in part have been due to it being the inaugural Men's game.

Think JL is right though in what he says. It's basically the same thing with just a few gimmicks and less affiliation with any team. A lovely evening in the sun nonetheless.

Poll: Who will return first?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024