Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Messi 13:40 - Aug 11 with 1055 viewscressi

As said before waterworks
How false could have played for nothing what he has accumulated money wise at Barcelona last 20yrs.
Five hundred grand a week at PSG
Greed never enough money for these players
Think it's different when on league one or championship money
The top players don't matter 300 or 500 grand never going to work again
Hence why Bale will sit it out
Not bothered about playing football
Rant over
Messi on 13:43 - Aug 11 with 1025 viewstractorboy1978

How many times do people need to be told....even if he played for nothing Barca couldn't sign him as they are over the wages limit even before his salary comes into play.
Messi on 13:48 - Aug 11 with 975 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Yep this is waffle. Read the facts.

Plus I’m sure he was very sad that he HAD to leave Barca, but why tf would anyone play for free when you are offered millions of pounds a year.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 13:50]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Messi on 14:03 - Aug 11 with 901 viewsTractorCam

Oh good, ANOTHER thread about this.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Messi on 16:56 - Aug 11 with 711 viewsHighgateBlue

Messi on 13:43 - Aug 11 by tractorboy1978

How many times do people need to be told....even if he played for nothing Barca couldn't sign him as they are over the wages limit even before his salary comes into play.

Is that right though? Is there an automatic ban on renewing player contracts, even at zero Euros, when one is over the limit? I've seen it reported in two ways:
A) Barca would still be over the limit even if he agreed to pay for nothing; and
B) He couldn't stay at Barca and play, even for free.

B would appear to be a mangling of A, unless there is genuinely a rule that prevents him from continuing to play for them for free. He is registered as their player. I do not know of a rule (although I am not an expert in the Spanish rules) that requires a player to be re-registered to their current club once a contract has expired, and I do not know of a rule that /automatically/ bans even transfers of new players (let alone simply letting players stay without a contract), when the salary limit is exceeded.

So I'm not sure the absolutism on this one is justified. Plainly he's not going to agree to play for free. He can stop the crocodile tears though, he put in a transfer request in the not so distant past, and he's getting paid obscene amounts...
Messi on 17:38 - Aug 11 with 670 viewsstrikalite

I do wonder why the best player in the world isn't willing to play in the most competitive league in the world....the Premier League, why didn't he want to test himself here??
Messi on 17:45 - Aug 11 with 653 viewsJ2BLUE

Messi on 17:38 - Aug 11 by strikalite

I do wonder why the best player in the world isn't willing to play in the most competitive league in the world....the Premier League, why didn't he want to test himself here??

Where would be go? City are stacked already. He wanted Neymar at Barca and was always likely to reunite with him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Messi on 17:45 - Aug 11 with 652 viewsbluelagos

Messi on 16:56 - Aug 11 by HighgateBlue

Is that right though? Is there an automatic ban on renewing player contracts, even at zero Euros, when one is over the limit? I've seen it reported in two ways:
A) Barca would still be over the limit even if he agreed to pay for nothing; and
B) He couldn't stay at Barca and play, even for free.

B would appear to be a mangling of A, unless there is genuinely a rule that prevents him from continuing to play for them for free. He is registered as their player. I do not know of a rule (although I am not an expert in the Spanish rules) that requires a player to be re-registered to their current club once a contract has expired, and I do not know of a rule that /automatically/ bans even transfers of new players (let alone simply letting players stay without a contract), when the salary limit is exceeded.

So I'm not sure the absolutism on this one is justified. Plainly he's not going to agree to play for free. He can stop the crocodile tears though, he put in a transfer request in the not so distant past, and he's getting paid obscene amounts...

All explained here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58157038

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Messi on 17:48 - Aug 11 with 636 viewsstrikalite

Messi on 17:45 - Aug 11 by J2BLUE

Where would be go? City are stacked already. He wanted Neymar at Barca and was always likely to reunite with him.

Agree City seemed stacked but this is Messi and Pep wants both Prem and the big one in the Champs League and nothing should surprise us...Chelsea, there you go, there's a challenge..
Login to get fewer ads

Messi on 17:53 - Aug 11 with 624 viewsJ2BLUE

Messi on 17:48 - Aug 11 by strikalite

Agree City seemed stacked but this is Messi and Pep wants both Prem and the big one in the Champs League and nothing should surprise us...Chelsea, there you go, there's a challenge..

Chelsea have spent a fortune.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Messi on 17:56 - Aug 11 with 611 viewsTractorCam

Messi on 17:48 - Aug 11 by strikalite

Did Chelsea and City approach him then?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Messi on 18:45 - Aug 11 with 564 viewsstrikalite

Messi on 17:56 - Aug 11 by TractorCam

Did Chelsea and City approach him then?

"while there may be some disappointment that Messi is not reuniting with Pep Guardiola, there were enough references from PSG's new no.30 that while his Champions League ambition remains intense, his heart will always be at the Nou Camp."

Manchester Evening News..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024