Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For me, this is why the one game everyone... 23:11 - Aug 17 with 608 viewsOriginalMarkyP

...is not 'counting', is perhaps the one we really needed to make count.

Newport. The cup game.

We play our strongest 11 and we win that game. We used it as a training game.

We played Aluko who clearly wasn't fit. I'd be surprised if we see him for quite some time or at all.

We now desperately need a win (any kind of win) just to lift the spirits and to prove we can win. To build from. That Newport game should have been that game. Get your first win of the season. These players don't just need time to gel, they need games. They could have done with that one. Get the result, start the ball rolling and then stop taking the cups seriously if that's what you want to do.

But to miss that opportunity, to me. Was criminal.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

For me, this is why the one game everyone... on 23:12 - Aug 17 with 584 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Agree.

Everyone says we need time to gel... seemed on obvious opportunity to get another game under the belt, and maybe even a win.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

For me, this is why the one game everyone... on 06:53 - Aug 18 with 401 viewsChurchman

Disagree. It’s a long old season and wasting energy on rubbish games like that is counter productive.
For me, this is why the one game everyone... on 07:05 - Aug 18 with 368 viewsTangledupin_Blue

For me, this is why the one game everyone... on 06:53 - Aug 18 by Churchman

Disagree. It’s a long old season and wasting energy on rubbish games like that is counter productive.

And the back-up players need playing time, too, else they won't be ready when called upon.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024