Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier League 'big 6' moaning it might become 'big 3' 10:31 - Sep 7 with 1289 viewsElderGrizzly

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league-big-six-arsenal-liverpool-spur

Hold on. Let me try and find my smallest of smallest violins.

The three 'whingers' literally voted a few months ago to start a Super League to make the gulf between them (Big 6) and the rest of the league bigger.
Premier League 'big 6' moaning it might become 'big 3' on 11:32 - Sep 7 with 1130 viewsTractorCam

Didn't Arsenal spend the most this summer?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Premier League 'big 6' moaning it might become 'big 3' on 11:33 - Sep 7 with 1117 viewshype313

Premier League 'big 6' moaning it might become 'big 3' on 11:32 - Sep 7 by TractorCam

Yep, highest spenders in Europe, yet sit bottom behind Norwich.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Premier League 'big 6' moaning it might become 'big 3' on 13:20 - Sep 7 with 986 viewsElderGrizzly

Premier League 'big 6' moaning it might become 'big 3' on 11:32 - Sep 7 by TractorCam

It's all a lot of bullsh*t isn't it?
Premier League 'big 6' moaning it might become 'big 3' on 15:14 - Sep 7 with 851 viewsChrisd

Football is hugely out of control because of the money. Players wages are crippling the game, but because the big sides in world football like Chelsea, Manchester City and PSG have got owners with deep pockets it's those clubs that are putting the pressure on other clubs to pay ridiculous wages, which they can't really afford, in case they miss out on high profile players. You can see why those clubs wanted to break away for a European Super League to create more money for themselves, but until wage caps are brought in right across the game in all countries this will continue to spiral out of control. The footballing authorities really need to do something about it, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Premier League 'big 6' moaning it might become 'big 3' on 16:07 - Sep 7 with 782 viewsMattinLondon

Premier League 'big 6' moaning it might become 'big 3' on 15:14 - Sep 7 by Chrisd

Football is hugely out of control because of the money. Players wages are crippling the game, but because the big sides in world football like Chelsea, Manchester City and PSG have got owners with deep pockets it's those clubs that are putting the pressure on other clubs to pay ridiculous wages, which they can't really afford, in case they miss out on high profile players. You can see why those clubs wanted to break away for a European Super League to create more money for themselves, but until wage caps are brought in right across the game in all countries this will continue to spiral out of control. The footballing authorities really need to do something about it, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement?

In my opinion (which had been wrong on a number of occasions) a wage cap will be extremely hard implement - actually almost impossible.

Firstly, I think a wage cap could well be viewed as restricting a players trade so will be open to all manner of legal disputes. And if you introduce a cap on players wages then surly other professions should face similar restrictions.

Also, clubs will no doubt try and get away with this or loosely interrupt the rules. Cap a players wages but offer more bonuses.

Football is also a world game in which you need every single major country to comply with. And this will take years and years. I think it works in rugby Union as there aren’t nearly as many countries that can offer big money to its players.
Premier League 'big 6' moaning it might become 'big 3' on 16:19 - Sep 7 with 765 viewsChrisd

Premier League 'big 6' moaning it might become 'big 3' on 16:07 - Sep 7 by MattinLondon

In my opinion (which had been wrong on a number of occasions) a wage cap will be extremely hard implement - actually almost impossible.

Firstly, I think a wage cap could well be viewed as restricting a players trade so will be open to all manner of legal disputes. And if you introduce a cap on players wages then surly other professions should face similar restrictions.

Also, clubs will no doubt try and get away with this or loosely interrupt the rules. Cap a players wages but offer more bonuses.

Football is also a world game in which you need every single major country to comply with. And this will take years and years. I think it works in rugby Union as there aren’t nearly as many countries that can offer big money to its players.

All valid points MattinLondon, like you I’ve been wrong countless times too, but thought I’d put it out there. I like what they are doing in La Liga, something needs to happen because players or their agents can’t keep demanding these ridiculous wages as clubs will be unable to afford to pay them eventually. It’s an unsustainable model, surely something has to give?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Premier League 'big 6' moaning it might become 'big 3' on 16:33 - Sep 7 with 738 viewsMattinLondon

Premier League 'big 6' moaning it might become 'big 3' on 16:19 - Sep 7 by Chrisd

All valid points MattinLondon, like you I’ve been wrong countless times too, but thought I’d put it out there. I like what they are doing in La Liga, something needs to happen because players or their agents can’t keep demanding these ridiculous wages as clubs will be unable to afford to pay them eventually. It’s an unsustainable model, surely something has to give?

I think the only way things will change will be if banks decide to call in the clubs debt or refuse them loans. Is what they are doing in Spain similar to financial fair play in the EFL?

I’m not really sure what the solution is as it can’t be sustainable.
Premier League 'big 6' moaning it might become 'big 3' on 18:48 - Sep 7 with 592 viewsBluedicea

Premier League 'big 6' moaning it might become 'big 3' on 16:07 - Sep 7 by MattinLondon

You are right it would never work, football (more those that run it) is very corrupt across the board.
You mentioned Spain trying to clean it up a bit. They were one of the most corrupt in Europe, from the way the clubs are not run as businesses like most other countries, so they don't have to pay or obey the same rules as Man U plc or Chelsea plc, which have to obey certain government rules on finances.
They used to get a benefit form their government that all players only had to pay maximum of 24% tax, whereas nearly all other countries footballers were in the highest rating.
The banks gave them interest free loans.
Real Madrid sold a piece of land to the local government for a 4000% increase in land value only a few years apart, because of the condition they would only sell it if the land use was changed by the government.

Obviously a lot of this is historical going back several years but it's this sort of stuff that shows how unlikely any of them are to agree to a fair system.

https://www.theversed.com/32754/real-madrids-success-was-expensed-by-the-spanish

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1386832/spainish-

https://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2014/11/21/5658431/debt-is-power-how

What is the use of knowing about everything else, when you do not yet know who you are.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024