Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The huge void in the middle 13:11 - Sep 12 with 907 viewswaveneyblue

After watching the last two games, it's painfully obvious that we have nothing in the middle. Like against Wimbledon 100% of our threat comes down the flanks, with Harper and Evans just being bullied and whoever is unfortunate to get the number 10 role feeding off absolute scraps.

Teams then basically stroll through us at will and unless this is changed we will continue to ship 2 or 3 every match.

Surely until Morsy can play, it should be 3 at the back with wing backs or another body in the centre....
The huge void in the middle on 16:37 - Sep 12 with 749 viewsSouperJim

I agree, our biggest problem is the midfield 2 offer very little when we don't have the ball. Edmundson was dragged towards the ball out of position a few times yesterday because the midfield wasn't doing it's job, Donacien then had to cover him in the middle etc. Created big gaps which were easy for Bolton to exploit.

I'd be tempted to go 451 with a holding player and ditch the number 10. We need to stop the rot, we carry a threat but until we stop haemorrhaging goals, it's not much use.

Aluko had a great game. I'm not sure it's his position, but on yesterday's showing I'd play him in the middle. Worked his socks off, broke up play etc.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

The huge void in the middle on 21:19 - Sep 12 with 565 viewshadleighboyblue

The huge void in the middle on 16:37 - Sep 12 by SouperJim

I agree, our biggest problem is the midfield 2 offer very little when we don't have the ball. Edmundson was dragged towards the ball out of position a few times yesterday because the midfield wasn't doing it's job, Donacien then had to cover him in the middle etc. Created big gaps which were easy for Bolton to exploit.

I'd be tempted to go 451 with a holding player and ditch the number 10. We need to stop the rot, we carry a threat but until we stop haemorrhaging goals, it's not much use.

Aluko had a great game. I'm not sure it's his position, but on yesterday's showing I'd play him in the middle. Worked his socks off, broke up play etc.

Harper and Evans were so good in the early games , but they have totally disappeared .

They are giving the opposition a free run in the middle of the pitch and leaving a big hole in front of the defence to be exploited . It doesn't take teams long to suss out this weakness .

Chapin looked lost in the no. 10 role yesterday
The huge void in the middle on 21:35 - Sep 12 with 533 viewschrismakin

The huge void in the middle on 21:19 - Sep 12 by hadleighboyblue

Harper and Evans were so good in the early games , but they have totally disappeared .

They are giving the opposition a free run in the middle of the pitch and leaving a big hole in front of the defence to be exploited . It doesn't take teams long to suss out this weakness .

Chapin looked lost in the no. 10 role yesterday

I don't know what Chaplin is tbh

is he a striker, a 10 or a winger?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024